I hit 242 pounds. Guess what my New Year's resolution is?

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

12/31/03 242lbs.

Diet begins.

Happy New Year.

Nick

Originally Posted By: mrose

while eating.

Break a doughnut in half and most of the calories fall out.

I went to school with a guy that was so fat he had is own zip code.

--
Mike Rose
Cornerstone Home Inspection Co. LLC
Lawrenceville, GA

www.cornerstonehomeinspect.com

Originally Posted By: dvalley

…Experts do say that gracefully cheating once a week (only once) will help curb your cravings for that junk food that you’ve been overeating.

I put my 21 mg. nicotine patch on last night. No more cigarettes for me. I quit for two years (three years ago) but picked up that dirty habit for unknown reasons. I refuse to put another damn cancer stick in my (much needed) lungs. What really makes me want to quit, is when I hear heavy smokers make that disgusting noise when they cough. It makes me sick to my stomach.

For those of you who are attempting a New Years resolution, I wish you the best of luck and remember... It's going to take alot of work to rid yourself of any bad habits. Once this habit comes to mind, put those positive thoughts into your brain.
IT WORKS

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: Phillip R. Hinman

I hit 245 after a brief time at 228. Started at 250!

Played racquetball 2 times a week to lose weight and it worked until I went on a pre-holiday/holiday feeding frenzy!!

A lawyer friend of mine started a 10% club. Put up $100. If you lose 10% of your body weight by June 1 you get your money back! If not then your $100 goes into the winning pool and the person who loses the biggest % of their body weight wins what's left. That's why I weighed in this morning.

It's a very legal sounding document with all the appropriate whereas's and legalese!! Pretty funny!

Good luck to all whose goal it is to get in shape!! It's tough!!

Phil

Originally Posted By: gsutterfield

Nick

Help Lia get all the requested Mouse Pads sent out ![nachi_sarcasm.gif](upload://6HQh6KbNiD73gqTNQInjrR2zeJw.gif) ![nachi_sarcasm.gif](upload://6HQh6KbNiD73gqTNQInjrR2zeJw.gif)

Some manual labor can only assist you with your weight loss

Originally Posted By: wcampbell

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.

This Ole House-Home Inspections

William A. Campbell TREC # 6372

Serving the Texas Coastal Bend

(361) 727-0602 (home)

(361) 727-0055 (office)

(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Originally Posted By: ekartal

I have gained 60 lbs. since I quit drinking beer 5 years ago.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: ltrower

Nick,

I feel a new topic starting. I am sure that there are few more of us that need to do the same thing. I think we need to have a weigh in once a week. Something like 'NACHI get leaner and meaner"or "Don't mess with the fat boys". Now where can we donate all of this cultured baby fat? There has to be some place...oh yeah, in Illinois by the 2 story outhouse (oops, corporate office of the Gate Keepers.

Lee Trower

P.S. I am starting at 205lbs See you an the way down.

Originally Posted By: mrose

wight loss technique.

First move your refrigerator into the garage. Park the car in front of it so the doors won't open.

This is not only more effective than Slim Fast but it won't give you gas.

--
Mike Rose
Cornerstone Home Inspection Co. LLC
Lawrenceville, GA

www.cornerstonehomeinspect.com

Originally Posted By: dvalley

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: ltrower

That is mean. ROFLMAO

Lee Trower

Originally Posted By: lmartin

Hey Nick , I quess I should join you, I weight 1/8th of a ton ! (250 lbs) so if you find a good plan let me know…lol

Les

Originally Posted By: Phillip R. Hinman

TEN PERCENT CLUB

MEMBERSHIP CHARTER, RULES AND REGULATIONS*

WHEREAS, a bunch of fat guys want to lose some adipose tissue; and
WHEREAS, each observed a decrease in their available fitting attire as their respective spare tires increase; and
WHEREAS, each desires to lose weight before his birthday suit has an unseemly separation; and
WHEREAS, even lazy fat bastards are competitive;
NOW THEREFORE, upon weighty consideration of mutual corpulence,

THE TEN PERCENT (10%) CLUB
Is Hereby established pursuant and according to the following rules and regulations, which shall

constitute the by-laws of said club:

1. It is the intention of each slob to lose at least 10% of his gross body weight by June 30, 2004.
2. Upon the execution of the accompanying Agreement, each fat pig will each deposit the sum of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) in an interest-bearing account at _______________________________. The check should be written and sent to club founder, because this club has no real legal identity.
3. The money in the account, including accrued interest, will be disbursed as follows after July 1, 2004:
a. If a member does not lose 10% of his gross body weight by June 30, 2004, or does not report a final weight by June 7, 2004, he will forfeit his membership share of $100 to the account, and will be teased and lampooned mercilessly, including being held out to the public as a weak-willed object of scorn and pity, and
b. 10% of the entire account (gross) as of June 30, 2004 will be donated to a charity selected by the then not-so-fat slob who loses the most weight IN POUNDS; and then
c. The remainder of the account will be distributed to the svelte members on a pro-rata basis.
4. Self weight reporting shall follow the following format:
a. An initial weigh in shall accompany your share and must be taken no earlier than January 1, 2004;
b. All membership shares must be received by January 15, 2004;
c. Weigh ins should be reported weekly, if possible, to
d. There is no confidentiality. Teasing, insults, and challenges are permitted, and encouraged, via email, or in person. Buying beers and desserts for fellow club members is also permitted. All related rules of gentlemanly behavior are waived, except the HONESTY RULE, which is printed on the sign up sheet;
e. All weigh ins shall take place on the scale of each fat bastard?s individual choice, but on the same scale each week. The weigh in must be conducted under the exact same circumstances each week. For example, immediate rising out of bed, post-urination, naked weigh in on each Monday morning, is a good idea; and
f. Voluntary amputations and elective surgeries resulting the removal of major bodily systems or organs are grounds for immediate disqualification. Involuntary amputations and illnesses are not cause for disqualification. A member?s loss is his gain. Sort of.

5. If the other members think that some pig has violated the Honesty Rule, they have the option of demanding a personal weigh in, at which the suspect has to show up in his boxers, or naked, with his designated scale. If the challenging members bring their scales, and if the fat turd?s weight as taken on his scale differs by more than 5 pounds from their scale, the turd shall be deemed to have violated the HONESTY RULE, and shall forever be known as a LYING FAT BASTARD. If a challenge is defeated, the challenger owes the challengee one pitcher of beer after the weigh out date of June 30, 2004.

HONESTY RULE

I, __________________________, hereby certify that I will be honest and fair on my weigh ins and will not cheat, because only fat slobs who eat with their fingers and fail to wash after wiping would even think of doing such a thing. I recognize that, as a member of the TEN PERCENT CLUB, I am taking an oath and making a promise to my friends and fellow members, and that cheating forfeits all my money contributed as a share, plus interest.

I am using the following scale (describe your scale)

___________________________________________________________________.

My weight as of January 1, 2004 or later is _______________ pounds.

I am disgusted with myself. I recognize that the Ten Percent Club is a lark and a mutual motivation club, and as such I indemnify and hold harmless all members and the ?club?, individually and collectively, from any and all harm and claims, including defamation, slander, liable, and any other insult that being called names relating to fatness and fat people might cause. I promise to try not to be a dick, and I won?t sue anybody or start fistfights. I promise not to deliberately use my knowledge of a fellow member?s fatness to damage his career, or move in on his wife, mistress or girlfriend.

Signed ____________________________

My address is __________________________________________________________________.

My email is _______________________________________________________

Originally Posted By: rpalac

You know those hand writen signs you see stapled to tellaphone poles.

"I lost 42 londs in 90 days! call me xxx-xxx-xxxx"

I always wanted to call them and say I found it....is there a reward!