I need more Light!

Originally Posted By: dvalley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I?ve used numerous cordless spot lights that are on the market and can?t seem to locate a spotlight that?ll last more than ten or fifteen minutes in the basement. To add to that, it takes at least two to three hours to recharge this light when it dies. I need a spotlight to illuminate three times a day for more than ten or fifteen minutes at one time.

I?m getting aggravated with this situation and need the perfect light. Can any of you tell me if you?ve found the ultimate cordless spotlight that?ll get you through an entire inspection? I carry a mag light for the typical areas but the spotlight is my light of choice for those dark basements/crawls. I just need this damn light to last more than ten minutes. I might have to go with one of those cheap lights that have the big square replaceable batteries in them.

Feedback please.
![](upload://zFUFHLdknmH5gVq8GgcKaySf8Q6.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: rcloyd

David:

I use a streamlight 4AA, 7 LED light. It is compact and provides far more light than even a 3 D cell mag-light. It is even UL listed Class 1 Division 1 for hazardous enviroments. Streamlight makes the best lights on the market IMHO. Here is the link to their site:

http://www.streamlight.com/

Regards,

--
Russell G. Cloyd
Intra-Spec Home Inspections
& Code Consulting, LLC
859-586-4591
www.intra-spechomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Mike Parks

I have a Dewalt flashlight. The one that comes with a kit. It is the one with the flexable neck. It is an 18 volt model. It lasts forever.

Mike P.

Originally Posted By: sspradling

I’ve been using a Streamlight rechargable for the last 5 years. It’s rated at around 35,000 candlepower, which has always shown me the way. It doesn’t weigh as much as a maglight, so it won’t pull my pants down. It stays bright for use on 3-4 hour inspections, recharges via a cig. adaptor between appointments, and recharges fully overnight for the next day. I’ve had to replace the batteries once in 5 years. The only thing I wish it had was an adjustable beam like the Mag.

Stu

Originally Posted By: jpope

Ultra-stinger from Streamlight. 75,000 cp, adjustable beam. I completely discharge my light at least once every two weeks. It takes 2 1/2 to 3 hours to go out.

http://www.southwestpublicsafety.com/streamlights.html

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: ekartal

I think David is referring to the hand help spotlights with wide lenses. Those 500,000 - 1,000,000 candlepower ones.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Yes, I enjoy those million or 2 million candlelight powered spotlights.

I just can't seem to locate a stinkin spotlight that will get me through the entire basement inspection. While I'm probing for termites I need that massive beam to avoid probing conduit wires on the sill.
I use up two of these spotlights on one inspection. Then I recharge them in my vehicle while on my way to the next Inspection but they will not be ready to use, as it takes all night to recharge these freakin things.

Someone must have a rechargeable Spot that alleviates all this aggravation.

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Originally Posted By: psabados

David

Have you tried the Garrity 1 mil units. Got mine at Lowe's twenty some dollars. First charge is overnight then the next are about 8 hrs. They do charge quickly off the cars 12 volt system.

Bought two more one day, they were on sale. 12.95 each. Carry 2 on the job and keep a maglite for reserve. Usually I can get one basement and attic off of 1 full charge.

Paul

Counting down the days to Orlando 2005

Paul,

Believe it or not, The Garrity (from Lowes) is the spotlight I am using now.

This is a fifteen minute light with a very long charging ratio.

I want to through this light out the window at times.![](upload://7GBzTMRZc7nmxEH37MrCJS8m63s.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member