ICC, ASHI and NACHI mentioned in new NACHI H.I. Bill for NH.

http://www.nachi.org/nachinhbill2006.htm

[FONT=‘Century Schoolbook’]

[/FONT][/FONT]
I have no dog in this hunt, it kinda looks like every other license bill out there, but how would someone go about taking a proctored NACHI exam?

Joe, over 1,000 inspectors have taken NACHI’s proctored exams. Community Colleges across N. America have been using it for years. Chris Morrell set up the first one at Delaware Community College way back in 2002. Since then more than 1/2 the Colleges in N. America that teach home inspections use NACHI’s proctored exams.

And, with Marcus Hutnick (NH NACHI Chapter VP) having ties to the community college, I can imagine offering a proctored NACHI exam right there…

Hi Joe & Nick!

Joe you are right. Marcus Hutnick, our State Chapter VP has been teaching Home Inspector courses in the local colleges for many years.

When the time comes I am sure that NACHI can “rent a testing room” in one of our local colleges and/or provide the means to proctor this long established and widely recognized exam.

Anyone who has read a draft of this bill will see, it protects those inspectors already in business and that this bill is not biased toward one association over another.

The “nay sayers” can post as many negative messages as they want, but in the end it will all amount to nothing.

We are moving forward and that is all that there is to it.

Nick & Joe, I want to thank you for your support in this matter, and for helping protect the NACHI members in the State Of New Hampshire.

Your Help, support, and participation is GREATLY appreciated.

Warmest Regards,

Frank,

As you know, I’m not a big fan of licensing bills…but I recognize that what you have taken so many months to put together has a very solid backing and I wish you and those who are backing your bill much success.

Me too. Nice job. You should be proud of your efforts and commitment to the industry.

Hi Frank; well it seems that we are getting somewhere, Thanks for all your hard work. I am looking at your draft and to me , so far it seems fair. You have my support and I hope any other NACHI NH inspectors will get involved.
Pete
PS. so glad the BS has subsided! for the time being.

Hi Jim!

I want to thank you for your support. I am also not a fan of licensing bills. That being said we have another counter bill that is punitive, and will put most of the NH home inspectors out of business. This punitive bill may or may not be resubmitted. So…

After a year long successful battle to defeat that bill, and 5-long hard months of research and studying every HI State Licensing bill that I could find {and believe me there are plenty}

While not perfect, This is what I found to be fair to all who are already in business, and non biased toward any association.

As long as we have the support of all, or the majority of all NH based Home Inspectors then I am happy. So far I have received 100% support from our New Hampshire based home inspectors. They realize that all personalities conflicts aside they this bill is for their protection as well as for “Consumer Protection.”

Hi Pete!

I want to thank you for your support. We still have a long hard road ahead of us and we will all need to band together to insure that we remain in business.

I look forward to seeing you at the meetings.

Warmest Regards,

Thank You.

Well Frank;
I hope when you go to bed tonight you have a restful sleep, you deserve it.
Pete

Apprenticeship limits people from entering the trade. Doesn’t work. You want no competition in your market, don’t offer ride alongs or indentured servitude.

I would love to get Carla’s and Gerry’s input.

Best of luck NH. You just gave up control of your business to the political process.

Frank,

What is the role of an Apprentice under your proposed Licensing Model?

What is the method of progression intended from Apprentice to Inspector?

Why? Aren’t both opinions represented by their support for Rep. Gale’s proposed bill, which seems to most to be even more objectionable?

James,

What are the differences between the previous proposal sponsored by Representative Gale and the current proposal endorsed by Frank Carrio?

True.

So far, I have yet to find a home inspector who supports a licensing bill who was not in favor of limiting the number of people who enter the field.

Since consumers can only gain (by competitive fees) from more inspectors, limiting the competition seems to be contrary to the consumer’s best interests. Fortunately for the consumer and unfortunately for licensing proponents, just the opposite seems to occur.

Joe,

I know that your reading skills are at least equal to, if not better than, mine. What is your point? Are you implying that they are is no difference between them?

James,

You were critical of Representative Gale’s proposal.

You support this Proposal.

Why?