ICC, ASHI and NACHI mentioned in new NACHI H.I. Bill for NH.

If you read the other thread with the same heading in another forum, you will also find that I was critical of this proposal, Joe. I am critical of any decision made by home inspectors to turn this profession over to politicians for government control.

As I explained to Frank - while I oppose licensing laws - I know of the effort, intent, and support that rests behind his efforts to write a tolerable law. I sincerely wished him the best and I hope that - after the politicians finish tweaking it in committee, and others not associated with the bill at all attempt to interpret and implement it - it still serves NH inspectors as well as is presently hoped.

Last year in Florida, you will recall, the bill that was proposed and the bill that was passed by the legislature were two totally different bills. The original proponents who pushed the measure actually had to campaign against it, in the end, to get the Governor’s veto. These folks might have to prepare for the same action, depending upon what happens to their proposal down the line.

James,

You were critical of Representative Gale’s proposal.

You support this Proposal.

Why?

In this Thread you state that you support the current NH Licensing proposal but actually you do not?

This thread is about NH.

If you want to talk about Florida, Start a New Thread…

Joe H,

Try and stay with this, if you can. Nick posted the thread, which announced legislation crafted by NACHI Member Inspectors from NH and for NH. Period.

The point being that, for once, NACHI is at the apparent head of the pact. This was done in full view, and with the support of legislative representation other than Rep Gale.

In past weeks we have seen NACHI’s ED and another apparently non-NH chapter affilliated member meet with Rep Gale, in spite of the fact that alternate legislation was being crafted by NACHI members. These same NACHI memers were instrumental in defeating the last bill introduced by Rep Gale.

This is what the post was about. What’s nteresting here is that some with little buisness regarding the business of home inspections in NH are, once again, chiming in.

Leave the destiny of home inspectors in New Hampshire n the hands of home inspectors from New Hampshire.

Direct your questions to the folks involved in killng the last bill, and crafting this one.

Joe F,

Are you now Jim Bushart?

Question is asked regarding an endorsement of Jim with regard to NH Legislation within this thread when he was previously opposed.

Question Asked and Unanswered.

You my … Are off topic.

If you have a question, Start a new thread.

Why your support of this?

Exactly.

So James, why do you support this Proposal?

And Joe F,

Why are you Offended that I ask the Question?

Try to stay on topic this time…

Joe,

Once again, your enthusiasm for beng contrary is fascinating. Perhaps you should have shown this type of enthusiasm while serving as NACHI Pre… Oh I forgot… nevermind.

And, I am far from offended at your question.

But, since you are the person so off-topic, my suggestion is for you to practice what you preach.

I stated where this thread began, and am not answering for Jim B or anyone else. I am pointng out that the entire issue, including your own questions, are better served being asked of the people directly involved. That would start with Frank Carrio.

Since Frank is the best person equipped to answer your questions, as he knows the history of the past and present bills, I suggest you ask him. Anything else is simple guesswork and speculation.

But, if you are not interested in engaging those who held this past meeting and crafted the legislation, and have the support of the Representative, well I dont know what to tell you, other than to say that it only helps to bring even more scepticism to your apparent concern over this proposed legislation.

And THAT is funny enough… in a kind of sad way.

Six, two, and even… Over and out.

Joe,

Chastise and berate me all you want. I don’t care. But lets be fair to the NH Member that you continously berate and chastise. Ms. Horne has been involved in this process for a considerable period of time. (Way before the any Chapters were formed in NH). Ms. Horne held the first NACHI “get together” enlightening all that were interested in upcoming and proposed NH legislation, nearly three years ago. She has championed the fight towards no liscensure for the same amount of time.

Bash the bill(s) all you want, and do the right thing and applaud Carla for her years of dedication to the industry. Many (and I mean many) representatives, etc. have been conversing and consulting with Ms. Horne in respect to Home Inspection Licensure for well over three years now.

Ms. Horne just told me recently that she has backed off from doing anything with her fight against licensing or legislation. She is scared, Joe. Seems that several in New Hampshire have threatened her life, business, and livlihood.

So I kindly ask that you and everyone else back off from Ms. Horne and let her be. Bash and berate me all you want…But the perpetrated lies and deceit concerning Ms. Horne must stop here…

John,

Hopefully, Carla has taken more action to protect herself from harm than a publication on a message board. Threats to life are no laughing matter and should be handled by the police. You are right to stand against this.

Support for the Gale Bill, however, seems inconsistent with a “fight against licensing or legislation”. This bill itself, according to many who fought to defeat it, was a threat to their “business and livelihood” that they felt was being resurrected by Carla and supported by NACHI.

Being one who also fights against licensing and legislation (as do many others), I would appreciate your expounding upon your statement regarding how support for the return of the Gale Bill represents such an effort.

For the last freaking time. No one supported or endorsed any bill.

In all meetings the old/new/revised (whatever you want to call it) was introduced and presented, only.

NO ONE SUPPORTED OR ENDORSED ANY BILL, Period. That was an assumption by a few who have convinced everyone that it happened.

Maybe if I use colors you’ll understand.

Sorry John

But I need to have it in crayon! :roll: :twisted: :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

:smiley:

Perhaps you should read my post, again.

By your presence at two meetings that were held to revive the bill that had been tabled, it “seemed” that NACHI was in support of it.

Please address the other part of my question, John. How does support of the Gale Bill on Carla’s part represent a fight against licensing and legislation? I am genuinely interested in understanding that point for I, too, may want to support the Gale Bill for the same reasons.

Prior to deleting your posts I believe you were congratulating Carla on arranging the meeting.

John,

I was not berating you. If you look at any of the posts regarding your trips to NH, I supported you. My only suggestion was for folks in NH to get on the same page before engaging the ED.

I thought you were unfairly and prematurely brought into the discussions up there. What goes on between Carla and the NH membership is a separate issue, and remains clouded. I defended her right to start her own chapter. I still do. I think she should start one, if she has the interest, and it benefits other members who are far from the location of the chapter that Frank and Marcus help lead.

But back to THIS thread.

My post on this thread was directed at Joe H. It would appear that Joe has decided to twist words once again. I am attempting to point out that his questions are best directed at Frank Carrio, as Frank is the person best qualified to answer them.

As to whether you supported Rep Gale’s bill or not, it does not matter at this point. It is not what is being discussed. Your point was clear in past posts, in that the meetings you held were informational only, and that your personal charter was to help ensure that Gale’s bill, if and when re-introduced, was not sided in favor of other associations. I would characterize it as CONDITIONAL support, if and when those specific conditions were met.

Part 2 of your question…

Where in God’s sake have you ever read from either Ms. Horne or myself that we support or endorse licensing or legislation. This is getting old really fast. Let me repeat, again…

SPECIFICALLY CONGRUENT WITH THE TWO MEETINGS I WAS INVITED TO NEITHER MS. HORNE OR I SHOWED, INDICATED, OR EVEN MENTIONED OR THOUGHT ABOUT ANY SUPPORT OR ENDORSEMENT OF ANY LICENSING OR LEGISLATION OF THE HOME INSPECTION INDUSTRY IN NEW HAMPSHIRE. IT WAS NOT ADDRESSED OR EVEN ASKED FOR.

And then I’ll add.

UNTIL YESTERDAY, WHEN ONE OF THE NEW HAMPSHIRE CHAPTER’S PROPOSED A BILL AND HAD IT POSTED.

YOUR ACTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THOSE THAT ARE SUPPORTING LEGISLATION AND LICENSURE IN NEW HAMPSHIRE AND NOT TOWARDS OTHERS TO SUPPORT YOUR OPINIONS AND BELIEFS. IN SHORT: YOU’RE BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE.

I present this from an earlier post…

This seems to be an awful lot of trouble to go through for an already defeated measure that one does not support or want to see come to fruition. :shock:

Then, we have this excerpt from your news release:

Again, this seems to be a lot of trouble to go through to fight against a bill that has already been defeated.

What is lost in all of this rhetoric is that Representative Gale should be commended for his forsight to meet with all sorts of people in preparation of his bill in an effort to be as fair and impartial as he can be.

Jim,

Nothing in your post supports your claims. You are at it again. Quit making a mountain out of an ant hill.

Everyone keeps saying that this bill was defeated. It died in session, everyone. It was not defeated. The bill did not make it back to the legislation in time to be heard again. So it died in session. One last time - It was not defeated…

Okay…and Al Gore still thinks he won the 2000 election. He was not defeated, either, in his opinion. In either event, the bill did not become law and Al Gore did not become president.

The committee required revisions be made to it prior to its being re-introduced. Gale is in the process of making these revisions and, it appears to some, that he is being aided in this attempt.

Assisting him in revising his bill for reintroduction to the legislature is inconsistent with fighting licensure and related legislation. Assisting him in reintorducing his bill in light of the many NH inspectors who opposed it, at best, invites this kind of debate.

James, were you in NH during your short vacation? I am not sure how the industry was protected without you.