If you see this flexible pipe under sink, do you point it out in 4 points inspection?

If you see this flexible pipe under sink, do you point it out in 4 points inspection?

Not sure what you mean by “point it out”. It is flexible PVC. Is it leaking? If there is no discernible issue just check the box for the material it is. When PB is present you just need to check the box on the 4-point. No recommendations are necessary. I will let the client know that PB is present and recommend replacement, but that is up to them and the insurance company. As far as flexible PVC, I have never seen an insurance company take issue with it. One, that I have recently become aware of, will not take pex installed before 2012. Some do not like rubber washer hose. All you have to do is document what is present and the insurance company will make there decision. These are not full home inspections. Stay within the parameters of what is asked on the document. Hope this helps, these insurance companies are getting out of control.

Thanks a lot.

One of my inspector friend give me the suggestion is to write: “flexible draining pipe only considered as temporary repairs and tends to clog. Solid PVC pipe is recommended”

No. Not on a 4 point.

2 Likes

Not a 4 point, but regular report yes.

3-18-23 accordion

4 Likes

perfect. Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot

I call out the flex drain every time it is present as “unprofessional” plumbing practices.

3 Likes

I don’t call it out on the 4 point reports but I have gotten calls back from clients stating the underwriter requested to have it changed so I’ll let my clients know they may want it swapped out. Some let it slide some won’t. I let the underwriter make that decision.

I wouldn’t make that statement on a 4 Point but I make a variation of that statement on my full inspections. If you ever want to discuss the reasoning behind the difference, reach out.
Neil 386-785-4380