Illinois CE Credits for INACHI Courses.

Bob is “misinformed”. NACHI Chicago has their own CE courses.
The IL state chapter is an INACHI chapter and is the official place for CE credits for INACHI on-line courses. To date I have names only of INACHI members and NOT the courses they have taken. Simply send me your name and the courses you have passed and I will get with you about proctoring. I have many libraries that will proctor but all need advanced notice and fees paid. No one from NACHI Chicao has contacted me and those that have have priority. 1st in - first out!
Rod Roeske

You have not answered a single question.

Now you say official…who told you that and what makes it official ?
Why are you not doing this at the NACHI meetings so the charge is minimal ?
Again are you making a profit and where does the profit go ?

Again Libraries in my area Do Not Charge Anything for proctoring, No Cost to me. Our property tax pays for the Library.

As far as going through Ken, he’s does it the old fashioned way through snail mail, instead of using the Internet. My cost to him was going to be at least $160.00 to take two 50 question exams for 6 hr ceu’s, which takes about 30 minutes.

I decided to pay another online education provider an additional $70 ($230) for 12 hrs. of new courses (different than Nachi’s), proctoring and filing with State included.

Like Bob, I don’t understand why this must go through IL Nachi. Why can’t the exams be submitted to a Library directly through Nachi, for free?

I see no reason either Chris but clear forthright answers might help.
Did what I could here.

Let’s clear some things up: Here are the facts:

1. NACHI Chicago, which is am Illinois State not-for-profit corporation and (I believe) the first Chartered NACHI Chapter. We also hold our own Illinois State CE license.

2. There is an entity (I do not know its structure, of it it even has a legal structure) called something like the Illinois State NACHI Chapter, which nas been explained to me as a “virtual chapter”.

3. Because around 90% of the Illinois HIs live north of I-80, and in the Chicago area, many “downstate” members have a hard time getting CE credits and, I am told, the Illinois State Chapter was founded for that reason.

4. Since its founding (state chapter) it obtained its own state CE license, paid for by NACHI corporate, and is supposed to administer the proctored tests that the state requires for on-line credits.

5. There have been many complaints about getting credit for NACHI on-line courses, and they revolved around lack of response for getting the proctored exams. I believe that an inspector that was a Chicago Chapter member was assigned to proctor in the northern Illinois area, but I have not heard from him recently. It seems that Rod has taken over for him.

6. The Chicago Chapter has volunteered to proctor the exams in our area, and even help with the administration downstate. This would be at no cost the the test taker if they were not Chicago Chapter members, Chicago Chapter members merely paying the regular meeting cost and taking the test before one of our regular meetings.

7. We recieved repeated rebufs from the person at the State Chapter. We also have heard, and see on this thread, that this person charges money (more that the Chicago Chapter charges for CE, considerably), for “proctoring” and “administering”
    these tests.

8. The Chicago Chapter has held some 41 hours of classroom CE education over the last 2 years (Nov. 31, 2011 to present) at very low costs. I have taught some of these classes. Among these classes were the entire 16 CE hours towards IR certification. There is no reason that any Chicago area NACHI HI (and we have a lot of non-NACHI HIs attend, as well) should be deficient in their required 12 hrs of CE, at least not from any fault of the CHicagoland Chapter.

9. Any costs for these classes went to pay for the facility (motel meeting room, food, etc). Neither I nor anyone that I know of at the Chicago Chapter has personally made ANY money from these classes. As a legal corporation, we are required to have a professional accounting and file tax returns every year, showing all income and expendetures. These are audited. I would know if anyone profited from these classes, or any other meetings of events that the Chicago Chapter has been involved in.

10. There was an incident, a couple of years ago, which was supposed to be a Chicago Chapter CE education event that I was told, at the last minute, was actually an Illinois State Chapter event. I was Chapter President at that time. At the last minute, the Illinois Chapter demanded all fees that the Chicago Chapter had collected (at our expense) and we gave it all to them. (We also notified the State about their income).

11. That some people are personally profiting from doing State CE education, under the NACHI National license, is between Nick and the NACHI Board of Directors and that person or persons.

12. Nick stated at the recent Inspector Marketing Boost event in Chicago, that the responsibility for administering the on-line NACHI state CE tests (proctoring and paperwork) would be done at the Chicagoland Chapter meetings. The Chicagoland Chapter would do this at no cost to the person, or maybe $5 for processing fees (any fees collected would be fully accounted for, as required by law.) This is in the works and being changed as we speak.

13. The officers and members of the Chicagoland Chapter statnd ready to offer any assistance to NACHI members in Illinois, or even Wisconsin and Indiana, that we can. And we will do so at no personal gain.

Hope this helps;

True facts about the Illinois State Chapter.
Founded by the same person who founded NACHI Chicago**.:nachi:

INACHI Illinois State Chapter is a state and federal Not-for-Profit educational provider - only providing proctored exams to INACHI members who participate. CE Events are not “public”, open only to those that pass the INACHI on-line final exam.:wink:

Events may be one person or a room full of members.

Provides access to IL-CE credits for over 125 ++ INACHI members throughout Illinois, Indian and Wisconsin.

Has no Dues, NO income from events. Listed “members” are actually persons who received CE credits from the chapter in the past.

CE exams are CONFIDENTIAL and only those that pass the INACHI on-line final exam are eligible for CE credits and testing.
Note: Only these persons are contacted by INACHI State Chapter.

Any fees charged are based on the cost of preparing the exams, processing the state required paper work, posting results and the cost of proctors and various location charges , if any.
Note:** Most libraries charge for proctoring and to date only one had no cost for location but charged for copying, faxing, mail and the proctors time. ](*,)

Home inspectors often “schedule” for exams and fail to show up, wasting the cost of printing exams, proctors travel time and expenses. Those that do show up end-up sharing the expenses of the event.
(Last event 10 no-shows)=;

Please provide, or indicate, who the Board of Directors of the State Chapter are and where the corporate records are kept (registered agent). Can’t find it on the state web site.

On the IL State Chapter site it says Proctored exams are $60 if you’re not a member of the chapter, even if you are a paid member of NACHI. That seems a little high to me.

You can buy a complete course, including proctoring, from many education providers cheaper than that.

http://il.nachi.org/httpilnachiorg/httpilnachiorg1059.html

Lets hope Nick gets this into capable hands.
No excuse to charge fees at all when the real Chapter (NACHI CHICAGO) is willing to do this as a benefit to those who join and support .

Rod why are you not doing this during meetings…PERIOD.(no fee).
I repeat DO YOU MAKE A PROFIT ?

Where are the records ?

BTW: No one at the Chicagoland Chapter has made ANY money from Chapter activities. I have taught many cof the classes and hever taken a dime. I also pay the meeting fee for meetings where I teach. Previous “founders” did not.

I have only received money for teaching at NACHI events twice. Once, for teaching a class at the Indiana Chapter (this was gas money), and once for doing the NACHI TV Building Science video.

I doubt that the same can be said for other Illinois NACHI groups.

Not that this is a bad thing, to get paid for one’s work, but I can really do without the holier-than-thou attitude that takes place during the process.

Nuff Said.

I really don’t understand all this. I’ve taken online courses and been proctored by my pastor for years now. I take the course, they fax him the tests, I take the tests, he faxes the back. It costs me nothing.

My church owns an elementary school in Central Illinois and I would gladly proctor exams for people. Why can’t guys take the interNACHI online courses, fax or email the exams to the proctor, take tests and have the proctor fax them back? I would do it for the cost of ink, but you’re not getting lunch from me. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the extra post Will.
Just like NACHI Chicago the officers are the BofD. Records are kept by the treasurer.

Rod Roeske, INACHI Illinois State Chapter

Seeing as how you never answered my question it is assumed you are using this as a for profit enterprise.

I can only guess you are not proctoring at meetings to keep up the aura of needing cash to rent a venue and have an excuse to overcharge.

Your silence speaks volumes.

Things need to change.

Great question. Another alternative is take the proctored exam online at a library, school, etc. Simply email the proctor a password.

That’s what I did, and it was free. Did not cost one penny for the proctoring.

So these two guys are charging for what is free?
What a racket.

And they are fellow members ?

Does one have to be a wizard level NACHI member to proctor exams or can the NACHI serfs perform this task as well? :wink:

120 plus members @ 60-80 bucks per quiz. Do the math.

YES you may have an exam proctored at the library of your choice. Check with your library and ask. Give the library and proctors name to the state chapter. Identify which test you wish to take. We confirm you qualifications you pay only the cost for the paperwork and handling postage and processing the results. We send the exam and paperwork to the library. They return the completed paperwork and if you passed your CE credits are posted with the state.
You may have a fee for the library. To date only one library has done it free.
Other places that may proctor exams are colleges, some schools.
The procedures are defined for Illinois on the INACHI CE SITE.
The $60 fee is labeled for non INACHI at a proctored testing event.
Exams are at cost for the paperwork and vary by type of exam.

Agreed the site is out of date but so is the NACHI Chicago site.

Proctoring is free for the NACHI Chicago meetings. But no one has asked to take an exam and no meeting yet.

Exams and related paperwork cost to print and process. Who will pay for that?
The $60 fee is for a NON-NACHI PERSON taking an exam. alone, at a remote site .

Does anyone know some one who was charged $60 or $80? I don’t know anyone.
Just a lot of talk - no substance.
Note: When you pay for a course it usually includes a proctored exam.

The Proctored exam is an Illinois State requirement.
Here we are in the 11th hour of the license period and 136 members want multiple proctored exams. Just do the math!

None of you have a clue what it takes to prepare all the exams, the reporting paperwork, locate proctors, find locations all over Illinois and grade multiple different tests, post the results to the state and run my business.