Illinois State Chapter Adopts New Rules

Happy Holidays!

Although I am in NY, we have adopted a position that any instructor who writes a course has an ownership riht to the course. If that person cannot teach the course and it was approved by the school and approvals paid for by the school, we have been able to insert a different instructor as needed. In the case where the instructor pay all fees associated with the course, it his his or her course. period.

Hope this helps. We have used this process for the better part of 20 years and it seems to work well. We have 72 school owned courses and 11 courses in which the instructors developed the course for use.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year. See you al in 2007!

If anyone wants some manuals we have a license to, we can send them to anyone who desires them. They are home improvement oriented. See the post in marketing and education.

Sorry for any typo’s

Utterly amazing…:shock: … A double standard … Why even have a BASIC test to join NACHI?.. Screw the CE’s, who cares about that… Cancel all NCT, NCE, Pro-lab, ICC courses, EVERYTHING educational! It’s a waste of time and money!

I see member backlash when some ASHI’s members kid takes on the on line NACHI test and passes… WOW …everyone is pushing (BOGUS, HOW can this be?.. That shouldn’t be…Blah BLAH BLAH

We should abolish ALL educational requirements…Period… Lets go back to Idiots with ladders pretending to be inspectors, No qualifications, no brains just enough gusto to act like a pro and screw the rest of the qualified inspectors out there…
A Bad reputation is better then advancing the profession in a positive manner. I would rather be associated with a bunch of idiots with a bad reputation among home buyers then professionals who know there stuff and are respected by the home buyers…:mad:

That way we can all feel “qualified”. Screw the training, screw the classes… Forget any minimums to hold to or any advancement of BASIC level of knowledge…

A SIMPLE MINIMUM “trainer/ instructor outline” and we have everyone (Out of OUR STATE on top of it ) ripping into Illinois… BLAH BLAH BLAH NOT right , NOT enforceable , NOT possible… Can’t do it BLAH BLAH BLAH… CONSIPRACY!!! I know where Jimmy Hoffa is right now!

I should write a course and call it : HOW TO BULL**** YOUR CLIENT INTO BELIEVING YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING DURING A “HOME INSPECTION”!

WHAT AN INSULT TO ANY NACHI NATIONAL “QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR”!!!
That means all the professionals , trainers, EDUCATORS are absolutely USELESS AND NOT NEEDED!
Lets get any SMUCK to “teach” that way someone can get hurt or even KILLED!! Yep, who cares, no standards… Why even use CMI designations then …it’s useless right?

My college Chemistry professor told the class “I will not pass anyone or grade on a curve”!

Why? Because he told us that people that had just enough knowledge were the people getting KILLED in the field of chemistry!
Better be tough when your stupid…

NACHI should remove all education requirements…period.:roll:

I disagree.

So you actually think that the “policy” you wrote “basically says that if a member wants to pay to hear from someone, they can.”

Sounds more like “if a member wants to pay to hear from someone, they can” providing the person they want to hear from meets this new set of standards.

How that could possibly be constured as having “accomplished” that request is beyond me.

If you “cannot imagine who these rules would restrict” why write them in the first place.

Well said Patrick