I'm Off This Board and Suggest Others Do The Same

I see where Chuck “suggested” but did not “demand” others consider the same.

It is tough riding on Nick’s coat-tails… :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

I disagree, Larry. As I’ve described before, if I were walking through a park with my daughters and saw several people “suggesting” the banishment of a member of the park community, I’d hope that someone would step in, think slowly, ask question, and offer assistance.

I don’t understand the coat-tails comment. What do you mean?

I disagree, Ben.

If you were getting the crap kicked out of you, and policemen happened by, would you want the policeman to suggest the slugger stop or demand he stop?

2 Likes

You are working for a company, wearing xyz uniform walking through the park. You see someone spouting off, yelling at everyone walking by about aliens poisoning the water, also wearing xyz uniform. You probably understand this person is making themselves look a bit deranged however you are now getting side eyes because this person has the same uniform on as you.

That is a more accurate analogy of what is going on, on this PUBLIC forum.

1 Like

Yeah poor Ben can’t shuck and jive like his brother. LOL

1 Like

And that’s why this is a community. Guidelines for Our Inspection Community are there to help us treat this discussion forum with the same respect we would a public park.

My question (on another thread) was, “What is the issue that can not be resolved and addressed by recommendations already listed in the Forum Guidelines?” Chase Funke was the only person to suggest an idea which we quickly implemented with Tim’s help (within 1 day of Robert posting for help from a Moderator).

It is obvious that the guidelines aren’t working. Repeating that they should be read doesn’t work either.
Maybe the guidelines need to be revised.

1 Like

Thanks to all of you for stating how you feel about this situation. I am still very new to the course and have been learning so much. This forum is a new source of information for me and it is a nice change from videos and pages of reading and practice tests. I started thinking while reading the posts about this one individual, wondering if I should just drop my membership and learn from another platform but after reading all of the posts I have my own take on this. If this is a professional site for professionals then it should be treated as such. I suppose time will tell. If the masters are gone the students learn nothing other than it is time to leave too.
I have not read anything posted by the person this thread is about and I am glad for that. The last thing I need is to read and learn something that is wrong and screw myself or put a family in danger thinking it was correct because it is on the InterNachi platform. I will be here for a while as a paying member.

5 Likes

The answer to your question is simple. When there is a poster clearly here to be a pain in the backside, they should get the boot without question. And, As someone has already said and I’ll repeat, posting the guidelines over and over again gives me the impression you have no other defense for the actions going on here. Guidelines are a recommendation how to behave. There should be penalties for those who don’t want to play be the rules.

4 Likes

Reminds me of a time a certain Member was “expelled” just by pissing off the wrong person, without actually doing anything wrong! Thankfully, the membership-at-large saw through the BS and demanded the wrong be corrected, which it was.

2 Likes

I been gone awhile, I read that person’s posts and really couldn’t make anything out of them, just shrug my shoulders and keep moving. Just ignore. She seems foreign, maybe has a hard time communicating. Dunno

Our respected friend and former Member Of The Year,
Chuck Evans has sent a few of us a private message.

Only one person did not receive this due to poor management practices.

Chuck Evans, CMI TREC 7657cevansCertified Master Inspector

Note: I tried to include Ben on this PM, but he has turned off messaging. Feel free to share.

Ben,

Lying does not become you. How about you provide a citation where someone did as you say “ demanding others to leave our community”? Until you can, I’m going to tag that one as an outright lie.

As far as “treat this discussion forum with the same respect we would a public park”: When some miscreant who exhibits mental health issues is permitted to defecate, urinate, vomit and strew used hypodermic needles all around the “park” by those entrusted and charged with administering the park, in the name of keeping “a civilized place for public discussion”, I choose to no longer patronize that park.

What this individual has been engaged in is the antithesis of “civilized public discussion”. You’ve done a great disservice to every professional member and contributor to this board.

Say all the dumb things you like, but try not to be patently and intentionally dishonest in how you characterize what others do and say.

Sent via PM, because I will no longer visit the park that permits individuals to defecate all over it.

6 Likes

Hi, Chuck. I’m sorry that you’re upset and that you’ve left the community.

The ultimatum of leaving the forum and asking others to follow or removing a community member seems fairly demanding to me.

I hoped that you would have agreed that we’d rather not censure or remove a member from the community forum.

Within one day of Robert’s posting, “Someone needs to get rid of all these Melissa Moody posts,” we updated the Guidelines so that a similar issue couldn’t happen again. I apologize if that wasn’t fast enough.

Michael
I have completed all of the courses and have passed the state test as well as received my state license…could you or someone on the forum recommend the paperwork I need to complete an inspection, I have all of the tools necessary to do an inspection with the exception of the inspection paperwork…please help

Hi, Stephen. I’m not Michael, but maybe I could help. I see that you’re in Florida. In relation to paperwork, you may want to check out the free, online agreement system (this is the contract between your and your client), the free report upload feature called Fetch Report (log into your account and click the app at the bottom), and everything else you need that specific to Florida inspections is on your state page at Become a Licensed Home Inspector in Florida - InterNACHI®. You may also want to join the local Chapter. I think North Florida Chapter - InterNACHI® is close to you. Or find a Mentor at Home Inspector Mentoring - InterNACHI®.

Is there something specific in relation to paperwork that you’re asking about? The “paperwork” that you need to complete an inspection is actually report-writing software, and we have software resources for you at Step #11 on 15 Steps to Become a Successful Home Inspector - InterNACHI®.

Hope that helps.

That’s a very different tone and sentiment then your original on the post.

1 Like

Guys, Ben is right. Stop responding to those posts. This is a (mostly) unmoderated board, which means the lunatics occasionally take a few laps around the outside of the cage. Stop responding and they fade back into the fog.

2 Likes

Don’t do it Chuck, we need you! You are an important fund of good advice and information and don’t let message board flamers get you down!

1 Like

I have been a member for over 10 years. It is an open message board. If you do not feed a thread, or repetitive in this case, it ends.
A fellow member, or possibly a nefarious entity that managed to infiltrate the system, managed to post consecutive threads. Ben and the association have rectified to the situation professionally and implied new rules to the MB.

Older members know threads can disappear. The association will look into it as Ben has done.
Thank you Ben. You brother put the right man on the job. To that I have no doubt, and nor did your brother when he retained you.

Question. Someone logically disseminate to everyone reading Chucks suggestion of provoked censorship, ‘Asking member’s not use the message board,’ is any different then provoking member’s to attack or disparage a fellow member openly and repeatedly on the same thread? Hm? :thinking:

It is an open message board. New member’s may have trouble interacting.
Be patient. Help new member’s over come message board operational deficiencies. If you feel intervention is required, reach out to the association through fast reply.

Keep safe everyone. I read COVID-19 ‘is still’ ravaging USA because some in power are willing to wish the pandemic away at your and your loved ones expense. Too bad. So sad!
The some in power do not like losing money, nor power, and care less about your or your loved ones lives. Unbelievable.
Be safe out there please. 1: Social distance. 2: Ware a mask. Reduce the chances of spread to others by 50%. 3: Wash your hand regularly.

1 Like

And yet, you were the one attacking someone and demanding they be kicked out of this org in the recent past.

1 Like