Resignation

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Nick,

I resign my membership from NACHI as of today 5/11/04.

Written notice is on it's way, although I am not sure if you are there to receive it and follow-up immediately with my request.

An e-mail resignation will be sent after this post.

Igor Smetaniuk
Top To Bottom

--
Igor
Top To Bottom Inspections
Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: tallen

icon_question.gif

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Igor,

I for one, am sad to see you leave. I am not sure how it started but I have heard through the grape vine that it had something to do with you soliciting nachi members to join another association while at a chapter meeting.

I for one believe it was distasteful on your part if that is indeed what happened but I don't believe it would, or could ever warrant expulsion.

I always have and always will maintain that inspectors should join any association or organization which is beneficial to them and their financial success.

Our loss will certainly be another associations gain because in this case we have lost a good friend and a good seasoned inspector.

I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Igor,

Ditto, you have my number, don't throw it away !!

Best wishes

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: jremas

When an intelligent, successful, dynamic and true professional leaves an organization after working hard to help it build a better image for the very same organization; it speaks volumes.

Things happen for a reason. The weakest link may just be the driving force,

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Or it could be caused by the inflience of others. Igor just didnt resign out of the blue, Jeff… and you know it.

It's really sad that Igor chose the path he did. It didnt have to be that way. Again, bad choice.

I wish him well in his new organization.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: psisler

Jeff,

You read my mind.

Patrick

Jeff,

What speaks even more volume that losing a seasoned inspector is the reason that he left.

I for one, don't believe that you have to be a know it all to be a good inspector. To the contrary, the more you know, the more likely you are going to screw up, especially in the case where the know it all, does not have any practical experience. I call those "book smart" inspectors.

While it is perfectly alright if you want to be one that kind of inspector, it is not for everyone. Of course when you try to push those influences on others that don't want it, someone has to lose.

PRIDE runs pretty heavy among us inspectors, it is a real shame that pride keeps us from admitting when we are wrong and standing up and taking responsibility for those actions.

Hopefully we all have learned from this and we will not have any more problems with pride and ego again.

Joe Myers

Things aren’t always what they appear to be

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

But in this case, they may be. We’ll never know.

Joe Farsetta

Jeff,

You are speaking as though you have something you would like to share with us but are hesitant to do so. Why, I don't know but if you would like to share it, I say go ahead and do so.

As you may have noticed, I am not one of those politically correct people of the earth, I say what I have to say, when I need to say it. At least everyone knows where I stand, even if I am standing alone! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Things really aren’t always what they appear to be

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

But in this case, they are…

You cant spin away from what really went down in NY last month. No matter how hard you try.

One word used to describe our members was "misfits".

So, since you seem to be hinting as to how things really are not what they seem, Jeff, perhaps you'd like to enlighten the group about Tri-State NAHI, who the presidents and vice presidents were slated to be, the insults hurled at NACHI, our Executive Director, and at our members...

Oh, yeah, let's not forget the intent to dissolve NYNACHI in the middle of a monthly chapter meeting!! ![icon_eek.gif](upload://yuxgmvDDEGIQPAyP9sRnK0D0CCY.gif)

No, we're not talking about joining another association, here. What went down was something COMPLETELY different, including contacting NACHI LI members and giving them reasons to leave NACHI.

And, after all that... all it would have taken was an explanation or an answer to the complaint, from Igor. In the end, the silence was deafening, except for the resignation of this "stellar" individual. If he hated NACHI as much as it seems, he should just have left. I'd give that advice to anyone with similar feelings.

But, as Joe Myers stated, Jeff.... tell us what's on your mind... publicly.

Like I said, Jeff, in this case things ARE really as they seem.

--
Joe Farsetta

Originally Posted By: wpedley

Come on Jeff…

Inquiring minds do want to know!

--
BPedley
Inspecting for the unexpected

Hey Farsetta, are you being paid for any of the work you are currently doing for NACHI?

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Jeff,

I am a firm believer in being paid, for what I do for a living, that is. Since I am a home inspector, I expect to be paid for that. I don't expect to be paid for helping other home inspectors. Now if my career path was a home inspector educator, I would expect to be paid for that. If I was a rocket scientist, I would expect to be paid for that.

Seems like there are many people around that just want to be paid for everything they do, others like me, just want to be paid for what I do for a living. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Guess some of us just think we are worth more than we really are!

Joe Myers

Actually, Jeff… no. Why do you ask? Do you know something that I dont? Gee, being called “Farsetta”, instead of Joe… icon_cry.gif Either fits, but I detect a difference in the tone of your inquiry. Would you like to enlighten the membership as to why you made that inquiry?

But, to the volunteer, "not for pay" stuff: I currently volunteer a lot of my time, even more free time than I have available, to help this org... even those "misfits" referred to by another. I volunteer as chair of both the Steering Committee and ESOP Committee. I am local chapter advisor, along with Patsy Maietta. We dont have a Chapter President, we simply run the meetings and help our members... I even travelled to the State Capitol to meet with prominent legislators regarding home inspection licensing. All for free...

I mentor realtors and newer inspectors. I assist my school board with contracts and construction bonds. I was involved with Cub Scouts and Little League. I am a former volunteer firefighter.

How about you, Jeff? I mean, as far as NACHI goes... Are you being paid by NACHI for any of the work that you do?

--
Joe Farsetta

Everyone should be compensated for the work they perform, nothing wrong with that at all. As a matter of fact, it is a great idea and concept,…get paid for working! I worked today and I got paid, I will work tomorrow and I will get paid again. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I will also work and expect to get paid for those days too. Last week I worked every single day and got paid for them. Come to think of it, I have been lucky enough to have worked all of this year and I even got paid for it. I am both fortunate and blessed. The bad news is that it did not leave me much time to spend on this message board so I was penalized by being thrown off the educational committee. What a shame after all of the hours I spend coming up with qualified, verified questions for the new exam. I think I was just a victim of circumstance or maybe just got caught in the crossfire. Maybe it was guilt by association! (punny) Maybe business will slow down so I can have time to donate to NACHI for free but I hope not. I like putting food on my table and going to my kids events and spending time with them. Tonight I am burned out from paperwork getting ready for tomorrow and finishing up paperwork from today so I am using this messageboard to break up the monotony. Now I have to wake up very early again just to do paperwork. I need a secretary in the worst way but I am too cheap to hire someone although I think it would actually increase profits even more since I could get more inspections done rather than have to refer it to others because I can’t get to people before their contingencies on the sales agreement expire. Goodnight, I need some sleep so I can go out tomorrow and get paid to work as a home inspector.

PS Thank goodness for Quick Books Pro

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Farsetta, Nick has sent me checks several times, once just for posting on the board and in the past (early years) just for submitting test questions. I just figured you would need to be paid for all the time and effort you put into the organization. Why don’t we start a poll and see just how much you should be paid. After all, it is taking away from your business and family time right?

NACHI should have paid positions in the organizations. Maybe even some full time employees with benefits. Nothing wrong with that. I am sure that the expenses of an internet organization are minimal and with the reported increase in membership of 300 inspectors per month, that would give us an extra $86,700 per month on top of the regular renewals. Think of what we could do as an organization with that money:>>>>>(dream phase starts now)

We could establish a rock solid professionally PROCTORED home inspector examination through several top notch examination companies.

We could hire a full time staff to answer phones, process applications, keep records of everyone's CEUs, etc.

We could hire an accounting firm to handle the payroll and income and expenses.

We could have a board of directors that meets several times a year to oversee the entire operation to make sure that the member's money is being spent wisely.

We could improve the ranking of findaninspector.us by hiring a top notch optimizing company who specializes in ranking.

We could start a nachi magazine and offer advertising to some key vendors who give us discounts.

We could work on the coveted
Quote:
HI Experience?
WOW, what an original idea! NACHI branding at its best!

We could develop our own reporting software or forms built right to the nachi sop

We could charter each and every NACHI chapter as a wholly owned NACHI enterprise and use it to recruit.

We could spend more money than we are now on lobbyist in NJ just like ASHI did so we can improve the legislation to make it more consumer protective. Now that we have that experience, we can pay lobbyists in any state that needs good solid legislation.

The posibilites are as endless as the horizon in Kansas.

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Right…

But then our dues would be a bit higher, I suspect. And, since most past members were only billed a single time for membership, we'd need to play catchup.

I never received a posting check from this org. I never received compensation for anything. I do what I do and help this org because it serves me. When it no longer does, I wont participate. Anyopne who knows me has heard me say this. Including Nick.

So, Jeff... Why is this in a thread about your buddy's resignation from this org? What of clearing up the cryptic message tyou posted before regarding things being not as they seem?

Come on. Many of us are waiting ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif) Now I'm in a dreaming state...

--
Joe Farsetta