Important news for canadian inspectors

The Board of Directors of the ALLANCE of CANADIAN HOME INSPECTORS is proud to announce the arrival of this, Canada’s first home inspector organization designed for the benefit of ALL Canadian Home Inspectors. In an industry that has been torn by antagonism, elitism, failed promises and disappearing certifications, it was time that new people with new ideas and new directions came together to provide fellow Inspectors with the kind of representative organization that we have all looked for over these many years. And so was born the A.C.H.I.

“Why do we need yet another home inspector organization?”

Many may ask that question and it is a question that was asked in the board room before the A.C.H.I. was formed. And here is the answer;

Canadian Home Inspectors need an association that –

• Provides inspectors with the opportunity to receive education without the unbearable expense that so many other organizations impose on their members. After all, if improving all members knowledge base is the reason for providing that education to members, shouldn’t it be made as easy and inexpensive as possible? Can it be any less expensive than “FREE”?
  • Provides real political representation in the halls of government. Until now, Canadian Inspectors were represented by letter writing campaigns, and visits to M.P.’s offices for discussions over coffee. These efforts were laudable for their time but little was accomplished and what was accomplished has lately dissolved. Few actual Inspectors were consulted and the desires of fewer still were represented. Now, with access to over 27 professional paid lobbyists, the backing of 130,000 supporters and Canada’s most powerful union, Canadian Inspectors have a voice that will be listened to by those who make decisions.
  • Accepts all practicing Home Inspectors. The A.C.H.I. has been formed to welcome as many Home Inspectors as want to join. For the first year after the official launch, any practicing Home Inspector who has completed a minimum one or more years of documented inspection business and completed 20 docuented inspections will be able to join the A.C.H.I. without the later to be required community college courses under their belts. There are special provisions for Inspectors who have been in the business for longer periods of time too.

The A.C.H.I. believes that there is great value in work experience and further, believes that ‘in field’ experience can often trump class room training. Just graduated? The A.C.H.I. will help you through the entrance requirements and make that passage as painless as possible. ALL inspectors are welcome.

• Uses the strength of numbers to negotiate lower prices on everything from errors and omissions insurance to work clothes, from tools to automobiles. With 130,000 supporters the A.C.H.I. casts a large shadow and has and will continue to negotiate lower pricing for our members on a variety of goods and services.

Many Inspectors may say “I don’t want to join any union! I am an independent businessman and will never walk a picket line or answer to a union boss!”

Every member of the Board of Directors agrees with these sentiments. The strength of our industry and of the A.C.H.I. is that it is populated by independently minded, self promoted, achieving individuals. The ALLIANCE of CANADIAN HOME INSPECTORS has brought to Canadian Inspectors the best of both worlds by negotiating a “purchase of service” agreement with Canada’s largest Union; the Teamsters of Canada.

This agreement allows Canadian Inspectors to enjoy all the benefits of an association with an organization that has 130,000 members, the national structure to provide services from coast to coast, the professional lobbyists who work with the people in government who actually make the decisions, the education department to provide professionally prepared courses for A.C.H.I. members, the union halls in every community to present those courses, the access to all types of insurance at very competitive rates, the strength of membership numbers to make sure that the voice of Canadian Home Inspectors is heard, the political and media organizations that Canadian Inspectors need to get the word out to the Canadian Public and much much more.

All this and more, without being forced to join a union. All the benefits of union membership with the freedom to remain private independent businessmen. It is a great deal for Canadian Inspectors. In fact it is the best deal, the greatest opportunity ever offered to any Inspectors anywhere. And when it comes time for government to listen to those of us who work in this industry, with the full support of a 130,000 members of Canada’s most powerful union, with a history of getting things done, the question of “Who do you think government is going to turn to ?” becomes moot. The answer is “The A.C.H.I.!”

The ALLIANCE of CANADIAN HOME INSPECTORS is here for the long hall. The A.C.H.I. has the full support of the Teamsters Union in the form of their huge resources. Already, our professional lobbyists are fanning out across the country to right the wrongs of past failures, to work on reduced liability for Home inspectors, mandatory inspections on houses twenty years and older, recognition of our industry as a trade by government agencies and the word of a new organization is spreading through the halls of government… The entrance requirements set down by the membership of the A.C.H.I. will become the defacto licensing requirement across the country.

If you want to join an independent home inspection organization that provides all of the above and most importantly values every member as the most important asset then join us at;

theachi.org

And join us as we change the Canadian Home Inspection industry for the better.
Join THE ALLIANCE OF CANADAIN HOME INSPECTORS. It’s your industry and your future.

We have been receiving a lot of Email asking how much a membership in the ALLIANCE costs. In an effort to keep costs to members down to a manageable level and still allow the ALLIANCE to provide a maximum of services to the membership, the cost has been set at $396.00 CDN (plus taxes of course !)

Psssst!
Don’t tell the government but we don’t have to charge tax on memberships. Our membership is $396. NO TAX!

http://theachi.org

I think that might make us the best deal in town!!!

That makes the ALLIANCE of CANADIAN HOME INSPECTORS the best ‘deal’ all across the country!!

JOIN US AT;
http://www.theachi.org

I would like to hear more but my big question is ,without money how do you control what the organization does.If there is no money to create idea,s and oversite to the brotherhood is it not going down the wrong road.Being a non profit group like InterNACHI provides funds to allow for the onset of legal issues broading the web base etc.
I think it a good Idea but again with out funds how good can it get.

HI ROBERT

I am not quite sure that I understand your question but ALLIANCE activities, like all associations ( except those that took millions of tax payers dollars to finance their pipe dreams) are financed through membership dues, industry donations, service in lieu of cash etc. Our purchase of service agreement with the TEAMSTERS has reduced our overhead to levels not seen by other H.I. organizations and that means that we can deliver more bang for the buck.

Hope this helps.

JOIN US AT;
http://www.theachi.org

So please educate me and possibly clarify the following:

(1) you have a purchase for services agreement with the Teamster - I assume that handles those “benefits”

(2) education is free - but what about the cost to create, distribute it - or is that part of the Teamsters - “service agreement”

(3) in earlier posts I thought I saw that approximately 2/3rd of fees goes to paying for that “service agreement” benefit plan

(4) the alleged pipe dream is not dead regardless of the claims otherwise

(5) CAHPI does not own the NCP, they were entrusted with it - so point your finger at the entrusted ones

(6) what political party does the Teamsters support

(7) Will E&O be cheaper than $2000 per year

Thanks in advance
Claude

So please educate me and possibly clarify the following: HAPPILY:D

(1) you have a purchase for services agreement with the Teamster - I assume that handles those “benefits” NON-SEQUITUR. I DON’T UNDERSTAND YOUR QUESTION / STATEMENT

(2) education is free - but what about the cost to create, distribute it - or is that part of the Teamsters - “service agreement” YES

**(3) in earlier posts I thought I saw that approximately 2/3rd of fees goes to paying for that “service agreement” benefit plan NOT 2/3rds MORE LIKE 1/3 **

(4) the alleged pipe dream is not dead regardless of the claims otherwise YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK IN, THINGS ARE CHANGING IN THE INDUSTRY. THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING IN WHAT WE INTEND TO BE AN OVERHAUL OF THE ENTIRE ‘NATIONAL PROGRAMME’ TO MAKE IT ACCESSIBLE TO THE MAJORITY OF CANADIAN HOME INSPECTORS NOT THE 4-5% THAT HAVE CURRENTLY BOUGHT INTO THE FAILED PROGRAMME.

(5) CAHPI does not own the NCP, they were entrusted with it - so point your finger at the entrusted ones IT DOESN’T MATTER ANYMORE. THE WHOLE SHOCKING AFFAIR WITH THE LOST INVESTMENT OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS HAS CHANGED THE PLAYING FIELD. AS THE EIGHT REPRESENTATIVES OF ANOTHER PRIVATE ASSOCIATION WERE TOLD, THERE IS NO INTEREST AND NO MONEY FOR THE NATIONAL CERTIFICATION PROGRAMME AND IT’S PARTS. BESIDES, IT IS THE SAME OLD FACES WITH THE SAME OLD IDEAS.

(6) what political party does the Teamsters support THAT IS THE TEAMSTER’S ISSUE. WE ARE NOT TEAMSTERS. WHAT PARTY DOES YOUR UNION SUPPORT? YOU ARE A UNION MEMBER.

(7) Will E&O be cheaper than $2000 per year HOW WOULD WE KNOW? WHAT WE DO KNOW IS THAT OUR MEMBERS ARE GOING TO BE VERY PLEASED WHEN THEY IDENTIFY THEMSELVES TO KIM SMITH AS MEMBERS OF THE ALLIANCE OF CANADIAN HOME INSPECTORS.

Thanks in advance
**Claude **
MY PLEASURE