Importing HomeGauge Template into Spectora?

I am looking to transfer our HomeGauge template over to Spectora. However, the automatic import function in Spectora doesn’t include links to all of the graphics that are associated with various comments. Does anyone know how to completely import all of the comments and graphics?

Thanks for your help.

Charles

I am a Spectora user but never imported from another software. Reach out to the bubble, this should be something they can easily help with. And they answer surprisingly fast. Even if it says offline, send it in and someone will probably answer very quickly.

2 Likes

Sounds good - thanks!

More like fanatic, or main promoter :joy:

6 Likes

Sorry, gotta promote them once a week by contract. :wink:

3 Likes

It’s all good, you’re passionate about their product and service.

2 Likes

Kinda’ reminds me of ‘Condo’ Bob Elliott regarding HIP, don’t cha’ know!
May he Rest in Peace.

3 Likes

I wish everyone would share their software experiences more often on the forum actually. I’m not sure why it seems taboo to talk about what you use. :man_shrugging:

If you use it and like it, share why and also give us updates on changes/improvements so we can all be more informed about what’s out there!

2 Likes

I use Home Gauge. They have sold out to the data collection snakes. Currently looking for a change but it is hard to do mid-stride. (which is a life lesson for us all. Once your in, they got you.)

1 Like

They all might eventually. The data we collect is worth big bucks to big corporations. Hard for the independent software providers to turn away the money when it is plopped down in front of them.

1 Like

I am on inspection number 7 with ScribeWare. Was with HG since the beginning of inspecting. Created their FB group. It is not easy at all to change software. A struggle and time consuming on site and at home writing the report.

2 Likes

How do you like it? I’ve heard pretty good things generally speaking.

Scribeware is high on my list if not the top. I made contact with them (nice people) but had to drop it because I did not have the time. I am looking forward to resuming.

I am also looking at fastfields for some other specialty type things I am doing.

1 Like

It is really a struggle at the moment, but I know what it can be. I can deliver more of the report I want to. Once I get the hang of it and personalize it more I see it saving myself time in the field and in the office. I am finding editing shortcuts that were not present with HG.

2 Likes

If/when I am looking to change, I think Scribeware would definitely be one I would give a close look at.

Keep us updated on your progress Scot!

1 Like

There are a lot of similar functions to HG.

Is there any real proof of that? Other than they had us put some language in our Inspection Agreement a few years back informing the client the type of software we use (which I understand they removed that requirement) and with the new email to view report that asked the client if they want any additional vendor services? Which is basically a yes or no question.

Like most everyone else I was skeptical and very concerned about the data collection process. But since being sold to American Family I have absolutely zero difference in feedback from my clients that I had when Russell owned HomeGauge, as if it were never sold.

FYI: I use a combination of companion and desktop and I would hate to think about changing, like you and Scot the time involved would not be any fun at all. Now if they ever drop compatibility with companion and forced us to use web writer, then I would definitely be looking elsewhere.

2 Likes

I think so.

Full disclosure, I have other reasons for making a move due to the constraints of the software in commercial reports. And I share the concern with being forced into web writer.