Infrared Sample reports

I’m in the process of designing my personal Infrared report for my clients and it’s coming along pretty good. I like it so far and I’ll post it when it’s finalized.

I took some ideas from the BS manual that was giving to me last month by Scott Wood. He gave all the students permission to copy portions of his report, if they needed ideas for designing an IR report.

Just curious…Can you all post some samples of your reports for everyone to get additional ideas for their reports?

For home inspection or “add-on” surveys, I use Home Gauge…it works just fine for inserting thermal images next to a digital image.

I created three seperate sections for each survey. Your welcome to use what you like or if you have suggestions on improvement, I would love to here about it:

ITI ELECTRICAL SURVEY

13.0 ELECTRICAL METER ENCLOSURE (Report signs of abnormal temperature differences or overheating)
Comments:
13.1 MAIN ELECTRICAL PANELS, DISTRIBUTION PANELS, AND SUB-PANELS (Report signs of abnormal temperature differences or overheating)
Comments:
13.2 MAIN OVERCURRENT DEVICE AND ENCLOSURE (Report signs of abnormal temperature differences or overheating)
Comments:
13.3 CONNECTED DEVICES AND FIXTURES (Report signs of abnormal temperature differences or overheating)
Comments:

ITI MOISTURE SURVEY

14.0 FOUNDATIONS, BASEMENTS AND CRAWLSPACES (Report signs of active moisture or excessive condensation)
Comments:
14.1 CEILINGS (Report signs of active moisture or excessive condensation)
Comments:
14.2 WALLS (Report signs of active moisture or excessive condensation)
Comments:
14.3 FLOORS (Report signs of active moisture or excessive condensation)
Comments:
14.4 ROOF STRUCTURE (Report signs of active moisture or excessive condensation)
Comments:

**ITI ENERGY SURVEY

**15.0 CEILINGS (Report signs of missing, non-uniformly distributed, marginal, or wet thermal insulation)
Comments:
15.1 WALLS (Report signs of missing, non-uniformly distributed, marginal, or wet thermal insulation)
Comments:
15.2 FLOORS (Report signs of missing, non-uniformly distributed, marginal, or wet thermal insulation)
Comments:
15.3 DOORS (Report signs of air leakage or infiltration)
Comments:
15.4 WINDOWS (Report signs of air leakage or infiltration)
Comments:
15.5 DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS (Report signs of heating and cooling losses or leaks from distribution systems)
Comments:

See attachment for example.

Kevin

Kevin,

I appreciate your input, I do like your reporting style, but I refuse to go out and purchase HG in order to design an IR report.

If others would chime in and tell me or show me what they use, the information would be greatly appreciated. I tried Microsoft Word as Scott Wood (from ITA) suggested and I can’t get the text to line up properly (tight) with the images.

Until then, I’ll keep hacking away at my formats until I come up with a bigger and better idea.

Right now, I’m thinking of purchasing Duel-View software. The designers of PALM-TECH and PDSPECT made this software. I downloaded their FREE version and I’m playing with it now. It’s OK.

David

When I purchased my camera it also came with “Quick Report” a software for IR reports. This software (I was told) is worth $1200.

http://www.flir.ca/support/infrared_software_updates.asp

I also use Home Guage. It’s easy to modify an existing home inspection template or download a blank template and start from scratch. I found Quick Report useless and can’t see paying thousands of bucks for the additional software that FLIR offers.

Yes Mario. I downloaded that particular software also (it was FREE) and I find it very confusing compared to Duel-View software. And it is no way worth 1,200.00 in my eyes. Please don’t get “Quick Report” confused with the $7,000.00 REPORTER 8.0 software that Flir is offering. This software is megabucks and is absolutely not worth it (IMHO).

I’m will be ordering Duel view in the next couple days. Unless of course, someone has something better.

I think this company gives NACHI a good discount (25%) if not they should as they could get one pile of business if it is any good .
We have seen a big interest in IR and if many find it is well worth having .
This fall could see more going with it .
Flir should also get on the band wagon and give some free courses for Home Inspection or a lot more reasonably to those who buy their camera

…Cookie

David,

In Word, “Tools”, “Options”, “Edit”, choose “square” from Insert/paste pictures drop down menu.

Or from word: choose “Insert”, “Picture”, “From File” and it will position the pic at cursor; you can right click on the pic and “Format Picture” or choose other opitions.

I just down loaded their free thirty day trial about 30 seconds at high speed another minute to install. Will keep all posted .
…Cookie

This is what I told them on their order box ( bad spelling and all)

Yes I live in Ontario and you do not have Ontario in your list
You also do not have NACHI in your list .
NACHI is the largest Home isnpection association in the World .
A lot of us are now getting IR Cameras and just many might be interested in your soft ware .
we have had a discusion on our BB .
Why not visit and talk to us InterNACHI®️ Forum - InterNACHI®️ Forum - A community for home inspectors
Thanks Cookie

Now I know who to blame for all the vendor spam in my mailbox :mrgreen:

Sorry If you get any thing from Me you can be sure I signed it .
Usually person mail is Roy some times roy

…Cookie

The software Dominic has out HIP has a great image loader that allows sideXsides at the click of a button and is template specific. I am going to build a template just for my IR when I get my standard inspection template customized. Will also build one just for Commercial and one for mold testing. I am finally coming out of the dark ages. HIP has a very user friendly document editor that I can copy and paste word doc’s from past inspections right into what I am working on at the time. I’m luv’n it.

I use WORD all the time to put two photos side by side.
Reduce photos to desired size and copy and paste.
Thats it.

David

I use HomeGauge like Kevin and I didn’t get confused with Reporter 8.0. The cost for the training alone is $350 and half day course.

Hey David,

I agree that you don’t have to purchase HG to create a nice looking IR report. A simple word document works just fine, but it’s just a matter of formatting the images and word-wrapping the text. However, doing a report in Word takes far too long unless you have spent a good amount of time setting everything up to work as you need it. Word is a very powerful program.

I also like Dual-View and have played around with the demo. I have not purchased it because HG works for every service I offer. It’s that flexable!!

I think your original question was to give report samples, so that is what I gave you. Use what you want :slight_smile:

Are you looking for a reporting software that will enable you to do both standard inspection reports as well as IR reports? Or are you just looking for IR reporting software?

You might also want to check out HomeInspectorPro, as another member posted before me. I’ve played with the demo and it works well with inserting IR images.

Good Luck.

Kevin

We all know that John; I too used word when I was Manning the oars for Noah:shock: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Thanks David and Roy for mentioning us.

DUAL-VIEW is a great option for Infrared/Thermal Imaging reports. You can view a sample report here: http://www.dualviewsoftware.com/images/example.pdf

We do offer a 25% discount to NACHI members which makes the price of the software only $299. We actually have been running a $199 special that was set to end today, but to any NACHI member who places an order and mentions they saw this post on the forum I can extend that until 1/15/08.

If there are any questions feel free to give us a call or send me an email at asinger@dualviewsoftware.com.

Enjoy the New Year

Adam Singer
DUAL-VIEW Thermal Report Software
Toll Free: 888-736-2462

Request a Demo Today
http://www.dualviewsoftware.com/trial/

Thanks Adam,
I just downloaded the trial program and will play around with it and see if I like it.

Thanks, Marcel.

I was performing your latter suggestion, but the pics keep moving on me.

It can be a little tricky but you need to learn MS Word a little better.

There are settings in other formatting areas that move your pic’s also. Some of that “auto” stuff has to be disabled.

I have been using Word for 12 years. Maybe we can tweak your setup.