Inspecting AC equipment on a roof top

Also he appears to be a lefty.

and it is a two family dwelling…

Looks Like this guys twin

I can’t open the link???

Sorry Mike, I see it’s in a members only area. It’s the same photo only reversed(mirror image)

What does one have to do to become a member?

Here is one way.

They are members here now that don’t even come close to doing all that, besides some of that wouldn’t be of any benifit to me as I am not a Home Inspector and to be one here requires a lot in and of itself.

You are correct.

Some are vendor/members.

…and at least a few were “awarded” membership.

I’m sure you are right.

Would “and more” be the access panel being left off or the missing bird proof top from the flue pipe?

That comes later when the birds fiy over the equipment. We need an AC person who can tell us about those vents and if they are OK.

What vents you talking about, the flue pipe that needs attention or the fresh air intake duct?
What is that on top of the RT units?

Is this Electrical ?

I am sure that roof mounted HVAC unit is light commercal sized but i am sure the HVAC inspectors will chime in on the clearanice space IMO in fact it don’t matter if electrical related or HVAC related issue the service space should be alot more room than that is.

Just off thread for a min i know one HVAC forum did show the photo not the same one as this photo but alot of resdentail units from Southeast area some are mounted on pretty insane type of roofs. Mods let me know if that ok i can post the link so you can see their forum they have heackva a tons of photos some of you Home Inspecter should learn a thing or two from the HVAC pro’s ]

Merci, Marc

You can post the link
Please.

Ok i will post it here.

http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=21

this photo section is mixed bag of electrical , HVAC , some case plumming issue there are some insane photo some of you will not belive it until you see some of it.

Merci, Marc

How do you get one of this type memberships?

Yep…I was awarded membership and I am also a Home Inspector…not to mention 6000+ posts…I think i earned my membership.:slight_smile:

Gee…I was even voted Member of the Year for 2007 marc…so did i earn my “Awarded” membership?

Oh…Yes, I am a CMI also and paid to join and have a cancelled check to prove it.:slight_smile: