Inspection Prices in Florida

Well at least we agree on something.

The cost of doing business is the same as corporations “paying taxes”. The costs get taken into account when we do our pricing. If you don’t do that you are an idiot.

I am glad you are all so pleased. Enjoy.

Hey Mikey,
I just heard that only Engineers can sign an 1802 for someone else, so will you be going back to school to get that license? talk about expensive.

I Do not sign my name for someone elses work. I think you may be wrong on that one anyway but I am not sure. I am in the field at the moment and cannot reasearch it at this time.

I concur with these comments. While licensing may be seen as a added cost to some, it also serves to remove the associated by proxy. I am for it and believe it serves the community and industry well. Pricing is a market function of supply and as I see it the supply side just took a hit and the demand side is on the rise. Stay tuned for better practices ahead.

You guys are just depressing the h__l out of me. :frowning:

Please, don’t bogart whatever it is you’re smokin’… pass it over to me. :roll:

No doubt. :roll:

Mr Meeker, as busy as the inspection business is in south Florida, it is a wonder you find the time to complain. Maybe the newer inspectors will enjoy a brief time of increased prosperity but it will not last unless they are both good at what they do and also good business people. Inspectors who are established, will survive. This is the time to offer value to your customers by training and adding additional services.
If it was ever profitable for you to do home inspections, it will continue to be profitable. The short term cost of licensing and the aggravation will be over by 2011 deadline. As far as the pricing, I am increasing the price of wind mitigations to $150 or $125 the day of inspection pending my websites are updated. I am not interested in competing with those who are willing to do them cheaply or free as I plan to be around long after they have left this business.
It is great you are able and willing to be good at so many things. I don’t have the time to pursue other interests as I do home inspections 6 days a week and prefer to concentrate on building the business I already have. My plan is to add infrared this year to what we have to offer. I doubt many brand new inspectors entering this field will start out offering that service. I wish you luck but I think your time would be better spent in building your business or businesses rather than complaining. I would imagine not too many home inspectors are looking forward to state licensing. It has arrived and now the focus needs to change to how to prosper under the new law.

Jorge,
I am very happy for you and love your plan and wind mitigation prices. Good luck to you and I hope things stay the way they are for you.