Inspection Reports.

Originally Posted By: ekartal
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am new to the HI business and would like to know if anyone is

successful using hand written reports. I like the idea of completing

on-site and not going home to do the reports. But I'm very concerned

about liability and professional appearance!

Erol Kartal

Originally Posted By: jremas

The matrix report from ITA. Legal sized 4 part NCR and the realtors like it. No waiting for the report and they don’t have to stare at you while you type on a laptop. If you want a software program then someone else will have to answer that question. I used the InspectIt software and did not like it. Too much editing the 4 paragraph disclaimer statements with each click of a mouse.

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: Deloria Irby

The checklist and book reporting system from Home Reporter Systems has been used by inspectors for 15 years. The contract has been reviewed my many lawyers and seems to work to protect the inspectors using it. Call them at 800-328-6775

Originally Posted By: steve caseley

erol,

I have a book in triplicate form that agents, buyers and you will like. They cost about $9.25 a piece. Send $10 to:

steve caseley

1205 56th st

west des moines, iowa 50266

you can take a look at this copy and if you like it, orders of 100 will get you a discount of 50 cents per book.

it has the NACHI agreement in it.

Originally Posted By: rking

Erol,

In my neck of the woods the realtors and the clients love The Home Reference Book that I use. It is 400 page book with the report included in it and all the little need to knows for your client.
It is a little expensive but it is an easy sell.
You can check it out at www.carsondunlop.com, it is also available I believe through ITI (inspector training institute), or something close to that. I have seen it on a few of the HI websites out of the thousands I have browsed through!

--
Muskoka Home Inspections
"Wisdom is the Anticipation of the Consequences"
Steering Committee Member At Large

Originally Posted By: rray

Check out what your competition is doing, and then do better.

Most of my competition uses same-day checklist reports. The problem with them is that out of the 20 pages, only 5 pages apply when all is said, done, and checked. The other problem is that site-specific information or problems that have to be written can be difficult to decipher days, weeks, or months later.

I have a proprietary software program that exports to Word where I include color-coded text and pictures. My Clients and Realtors love the color coding and the pictures. And computer text is always easy to read. I issue reports the next day. It's never been a problem after I explain why I issue a report the next day. They appreciate my extra efforts on their behalf.

Manage your Client's expectations.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: dleavitt

Russel,

could you tell me of this software you use,

I like to use computers better than my writing and also belive one could wait a day to get a better report even though at this point I have not made one.

Hey, David.

The software I use is provided to me by my franchisor. It is by far the finest customizable software program I've ever used, and I used to write programs many years ago.

I suspect all the franchises have their own proprietary software. It's one of the reasons that I bought a franchise rather than starting my company from scratch and having to take a year or so to develop everything properly.

This is my fifth company, and when I did the financials on starting from scratch versus starting with software, training, and marketing materials already in place, my franchise fee was thousands of dollars less than what I had spent on my previous four companies individually getting them up and running.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: dleavitt

Any chance of getting a copy ? icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

icon_question.gif

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

David, if you would like to discuss purchasing a HomeTeam territory, email or call me and I’ll put you in touch with our Vice-President of Operations. Our corporate office is the finest group of people I have ever worked with. I just wish I had found this this industry and this company a decade ago.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: ekartal

A very successful inspector has allowed me to join him on inspections for training. He uses a good manual report from AHIT and later that evening faxes a summary report to client’s attorney. I am able to see now that this business (like most) is about selling yourself. The type of report may not be so important to many clients as long as you convey that you are a trustworthy and professional.

Erol