InspectVue... The Best Home Inspection Software and Save $100 buying It from Me!

Justin you lost your mind…:smiley:

Check-boxes…:smiley:

Dale,
Yes there are check box sections in the report functions…
Crazy? only when a full moon is out! :smiley:

If you don’t believe me about InspectVue ask a neutral source (Inspector: Jeff Pope) He will give you an honest assessment regarding InspectVue.

Google “Scottsdale home inspection”, I’m #1 click on my sample report, no check-boxes…:smiley:

Where did you see a report with check-boxes, must be from their old software 5-6 years ago…:smiley:

I think its great (InspectVue), but I love my NCR reports…:smiley:

I like to keep everyone confused as possible…:smiley:

I only use HomeGauge for inspections over $50.00…:smiley:

I’m going over the trial reports right now and I think it’s very easy to use and easy to read.

Have you downloaded the trial of the software? It’s pretty neat. For only $99 I think you can’t go wrong and it’s easily modified to include legal criteria etc.

http://www.hi-port.com/public/data/documents/Sample_Report_DETAILED_Style.pdf

Justin,
You are pushing this product a little hard. I completely disagree with you about Inspectvue. I’ve been using it for 8 months and there are a lot of things I don’t like about it. I’m very dissapointed with it and pissed I spent $900. on it. I will be switching this winter. Technically it’s very limiting, and very few of the narratives can be used as is. I’m not sure which school Mr. Swift got his PHD in English from but he needs an editor.

Thanks Justin.

A couple of years ago it was $100 I think. Now its $250. talk about inflation :shock:

Release of new and improved waaaaay toooo long. Pushing to the beginning of '07? Can we get a solid release date?

Throw the sticks and watch the monkeys…

Here we go again…your lawyer story sounds just like another one I’ve heard…word for word in fact…or “verbatim” … if you will :wink:

Checkboxes…tee hee…now that is funny, I don’t care who you are.

Everyone has opinions on what works or doesn’t work for them… it makes for good conversation! Great products cost money… there is no such thing as a free lunch!

I have used both programs and find that HomeGauge is much easier and user friendly. A far more superior product and customer support.

The program does not use check boxes!!!

If you want to see an example just follow the link below and type in the username and password I have provided.

username: SampleReport123
password: roombasement

Kevin

Clients want a basic report with basic descriptions… not an Engineering Diagram… I admit the diagrams are cool from an inspector’s point of view, but the report is just not “easy to read” as far as defects…

And what if you get “sued” because you stated the areas that had defects but did not state the other components and areas that were functional. If a previous client comes back and says you didn’t see the stains in the Living Room ceiling… and that is not noted as a defect, and it is also NOT noted in your report that the walls and ceilings were functional in the living room - then you could have some future problems…

The pics and diagrams are noteworthy, but people do not want to know how a toilet works… they either want to know if there are “defects” or if it is functional… And written in plain English with a photo is all anyone needs.

InspectVue covers the ENTIRE HOME - either a component is functional or there is a defect. And you can “highlight” all the defects in red… So they stand out in the report.

Take a look at my Sample Inspect Vue report… and judge for yourself -
Go to www.americandreamhomeinspection.net
On the LEFT CLICK ON SAMPLE REPORT
Let it download… and take a look!

What a load of crap some of the above comments are!

ANY report system is only as good as the user. Look for one that YOU can easily customize to fit your needs. Expecting the software vendor to keep you out of court is useless.

I find crap like the below all the time, not just in Inspectvue.

“Based on its age, you should not expect it to last indefinitely.”

Does this mean that if it was new, I could expect it to last indefinitely.

Choose the one that fits you best AFTER demoing ALL of them.

Recommendations from someone who is making money on selling you a product are worth exactly what you are paying for them.

Of course, how can I be sued if I told the client to have someone else inspect everything before the close of escrow. (But then why did they hire me???)

In addition to any conditions that are noted, we recommend that
since our inspection is general and limited, an electrician should further evaluate your electrical wiring throughout the property before the close of escrow to further verify the safety of your wiring and identify any
additional upgrades that may suit your power needs.

[FONT=Arial][size=2]We also recommend that you have the local Gas Utility Company inspect your gas fueld appliances and systems before the close of escrow and before you occupy the property for additonal safety purposes

[/size][/FONT]

Justin,

First, the diagrams in my sample report are not “engineering diagrams”. They are simple to read and understand digrams to help the client understand a specific issue or defect. And, my clients love it!!

Second,

I DO state that I have inspected an item or component and give my findings accordingly.

Ex:

4.0 CEILINGS
Comments: Inspected

“Comment Key:
Inspected = The inspector visually observed the item, component, or system, and if no other comments were made then it appeared to be functioning as intended alowing for normal wear and tear.”

Third,

The digram in my report referencing the loose toilet does not describe how a toilet works, merely identifies a loose toilet “visually” and indicates the potential problem associated with a toilet that is loose “possible leaks due to broken wax seal.”

Also, HG DOES cover the ENTIRE HOME per SOP!!!

InspectVue suites alot inspectors’ needs, but I found using it for over a year and a half that it was difficult to use and it took longer to generate a report (for me). In addition, InspectVue advertises that it has over 11,000 industry standard narratives, but does not advertise that most of the boiler plate that comes with the software are geared towards west coast specific homes. I am on the east coast and found that I had to re-write the majority of the boiler plate to suit my needs locally.

Take Care,

Kevin

You have some good points… the one about the InspectVue program that is designed for homes in warmer weather climates…

It’s all just a matter of perspective and personal choice which program is better, and easier to use and best for clients. :smiley:

I’ve been using Inspectvue for a couple years now. I demo’d just about all I could get my hands on before I purchased it. A few observations so far:

1. Very easy to use. Yes there are check boxes in the report writer but it prints in narrative. Doesn’t take long at all to figure out the program and it’s very customizable.

2. Customer service is good, I’ll give them that. I e-mailed Lorne at 10pm one evening, a few minutes later he called me and we solved the problem. I don’t know of any other software customer service that would call you at 10pm. Lorne always calls you back within minutes, at least he has with me.

3. Lots of upgrades came out the first few years I used it. Very few are coming out now. In November of last year at our conference, we were told that the upgrade was coming out right after the first of the year. Then we were told ‘soon’. Well soon never came and I had to pay another $250.00 for another year of customer service and upgrades. Now we’re hearing it won’t be coming out until 2007? I won’t be paying them anymore. They can keep their upgrade and I certainly wouldn’t purchase it until those upgrades came out. I’ve found that I don’t need any additional upgrades and the program is so easy to use that I don’t need the customer support any longer either.

4. The library is extensive but will need editing and altering to suit your location and reporting style. You can add anything to the report you want to and at any time. You can create your own libraries with ease. Easily transfer components and narratives to other libraries. I made my own libraries for multi-units, apartment complexes, mobile homes, etc. Just about any report software is going to need editing and altering to suit your taste and needs.

Please heed Erbys advice… No program is right for everyone and you MUST find one that best fits your needs.

Some are more customizable than others and some are much more difficult to customize see… (3D) LOL

In the end you will need a program that fits your style and reflects the same. I have seen dozens of reports from PV that are very different once the user has tweeked it to his or her style, and it will be the same with all puterized reports…The old NCR’s have a nich here.

I looked at Inspect-Vue and we give a demo out to our trainees but for me personally it was too wordy and was too light on basement issues.

I have 3-D, Inspect-Vue, Inspect It, and Home Gauge loaded on computers for trainees to try. So far HG seems to be the hands down favorite.

Wordy is correct. Swift says in 50 words what could be said in ten. There is not one narrative in that whole program that can be used as is. You will spend countless hours editing if you care about how your report reads. Sentences including inasmuch, regardless and other ridiculous fluff words do not make one sound more intelligent, they only make intelligent readers skim, rather than read your report. Also, no one wants to read 200 word section narratives about every kind of roof or chimney, they want to know only about their roof or chimney, and they also don’t want an amateurish biology lesson about mold. If there is a possible issue with mold, the ability to include a couple of links (which can’t be done with Inspectvue) would be more valuable to your client. As for 11,000 narratives, it may have them, but what good are they if you don’t use 90% of them? How many houses do you inspect with 10 bedrooms (each including bar sink narratives) or 12 bathrooms?