InspectVue... The Best Home Inspection Software and Save $100 buying It from Me!

I really like Inspectvue - its easy to use, and I get great reviews from the look of the report. And I’d like would like to continue to use it, but the continual delays in getting the new version out make me wonder who the joke is really on. Especially as the competition continues to turn out improvements to the software to make it easier to use.

And now Justin is saying that is being delayed until next year??? :shock: :shock:
[/size]

Didn’t mean to confuse you… I was informed it would be released around December 2006 / January 2007… between these months near the end of this year…

We are not confused Justin, Lorne is confused.

Erby,
Every inspector has his/her own style… I am a “generalist” not an expert and my recommendation for the local Gas Utility Company to complete a safety check of gas fueld appliances or for an electrician to verify that wiring connections/breakers are secure… is for my client’s safety. Since I only examine and do not “tinker” in panels… I only observe and report!

And yes, when I come across Water Heaters that are 20 years old, I inform my clients that they should not expect the system to last “indefinitely” Because often the day after they buy a home and move in… The water heater would die! And some clients like to Blame the inspector! And yes, this has happened to me, and my comments like this have saved me. Keep in mind, some people think that appliances should last forever! Just my thoughts…

I do appreciate your feedback.

I repeat:

“Based on its age, you should not expect it to last indefinitely.”

Does this mean that if it was new, I could expect it to last indefinitely.

Why did they hire me if all I’m going to do is tell them to have someone else look at everything before closing???

an electrician should further evaluate your electrical wiring throughout the property before the close of escrow to further verify the safety of your wiring and identify any
additional upgrades that may suit your power needs.

[FONT=Arial][size=2]We also recommend that you have the local Gas Utility Company inspect your gas fueld appliances and systems before the close of escrow and before you occupy the property for additonal safety purposes.

Why did they hire me??? I could have told them to have someone else look at everything over the phone.

[/size][/FONT]

Erby,
I am a “general” home inspector…

I am not a “licensed electrician” nor I am the Gas Utility Company…
If someone was buying a home and had lots of power equipment a 100 amp panel may not suit them…

I guess you are licensed electrican?! I am not… and don’t pretend to be, if I see hazards they are stated in my report…

I do not examine wiring under insulation that may be covered in the attic, I don’t do voltage drop analysis, nor do I do any destructive testing…

Do you?

Justin,
Why are you selling this software on ebay for less than NACHI members can get it.
I guess ebayer’s deserve a better discount than NACHI members.

"As an authorized dealer, I am able to save you a $150 from the retailer. The total price of $795.00 also includes free tech support for one year and program upgrades. Before you purchase the InspectVue Program, I can also send you a FREE DEMO DISC FREE OF CHARGE so you can test the program for yourself."

Justin -

Just a thought. Most things have an industry expected life-cycle.

If for example a water heaters average life cycle is 10-15 years and the house you’re inspecting has a 20 year old unit - tell them that. An example:

The water heater was operational at this time. The industry says a water heaters average life cycle is 10-15 years, this one is a 20 year old unit and has exceeded the average life cycle. Start planning for replacement.

OR something that TOLD them its living on borrowed time.

Grandpa is in really great shape for a man 99 years old, but I don’t think I’d make any long term plans for a cruise 5 years down the road.

Ooooooh, Busted.

My clients and I are verry happy with the reports from Inspectvue. But I am very upset about the release date. I did not want to pay for another year of support. Based on this track record, Inspectvue users may not believe that it is ever going to be released.
Homegauge users, is there much editing involved with starting up Hamegauge, and does it come with the “engineering” diagrams (hehe)? my other concern is that the report seems very short. I am used to the forty pager from Inspectvue. Do you or can you print a hard copy? I really like (even though it costs a little bit) giving my customers a hard copy report. Looks like a great report, and Homegauge isn’t even paying me to say that.

No engineering diagrams with HG
Yes it will require editing…as will all software.
You can make your reports as long or as short as you like…adding/removing fluff and filler.

I recommend you get a trial copy and investigate yourself…

While you are at it…go to Homegauge.com and register…visit the message boards there…they are VERY busy and informative…not dead and adversarial :wink:

Also…take a look at this thread and do a search to find others…

http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1782&highlight=homegauge

You will find the people at HG to be very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful…I know I do :slight_smile:

Hi guys,
thanks for your comments regarding the price of InspectVue software on Ebay… Since no Nachi Members are buying the software, I tried to sell it on Ebay, and no bites… So I have now dropped the price! If you would like to buy it for $795 from me… Just let me know. Otherwise, buy it for $995 directly from the retailer.

Prices do change… accordingly to market conditions, supply and demand, etc. etc. So if you want even a better discount… give me a ring.

If anyone wants it for $795, give me a call at (949) 331-2602 or email me directly at americandream1@cox.net and I will get it shipped out…

Happy Holidays!
Justin
www.americandreamhomeinspection.net

any inspectvue buyers out there??? come on, $795.00 how can you beat that price for one of the best programs out there… Can you get HG for that price?

Yes, you can!

HomeGauge Inspection Software
Cost:
$845 (Please call for multiple inspector pricing.)

A little more if you want to run it on a PDA.

Brian,
Thanks for the info. on HG…

And yes, InspectVue $795.00 (includes) software for PDA program… and 1 year of tech support and updates.

So this price is tough to beat! :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

What is this, the inspectvue channel? Ok, we get it Justin, you’re selling Inspectvue. IMO, a little too aggresively on our message board. I know this forum is for sharing information about software, but the constant selling is getting close to crossing a line.

cb.jpg

I will let InspectVue and “my” price for it… sell itself. I have no other comments to make… I was just responding to other posts.

Crossing the line? Is this an imaginary line drawn in the sand? Wasn’t sure what that’s all about…

Bygons! and to each his own…
justin.

Oh well, why should you be any different than some of the others. No problem (see I even bumped you back up to the top), I just wish we had a vendors forum. Sell on Justin, sell on!

Hey Justin,
I’ll keep an eye on this thread for the new release… I paid full price a couple of years ago, and the $500 for two years of support. Not much in the way of support and updates, I’m still waiting for the new version from last years targeted release date. If it doesn’t release at the end of '06 would you like to buy my copy? :wink: