Insulation essay by Adam Beazer

Upon reading the article on Inspecting insulation of existing crawl spaces. I came to the conclusion that moisture is the largest problem with crawl spaces. No matter the type, weather it be vented or conditioned. Needs to be sealed water tight with no less than 6 mil plastic with water vapor seal tape at the seams. And it needs to continue up any wall or colum 6".

You are posting this in the wrong section.

1 Like

Check your spelling. Reports with bad spelling won’t get you referrals. "Weather" noun; the state of the atmosphere at a place and time. "Whether" conjunction; expressing a doubt or choice between alternatives…

3 Likes

While this sounds harsh it is true. I have to re-read what I write multiple times. My brain and fingers don’t always get along.

Very true. It is perceived as unprofessional and amateur. I am amazed at how many misspelled words I see even in news reporting. More now then before spellcheck!

5 Likes

Try using Gammarly.
It is free and will help you improve your writing sills, structure, and add dimension to your sentences.

1 Like

???

3 Likes

It doesn’t do much for spelling evidently!

4 Likes

Maybe Canadian spelling is different?

2 Likes

some of You guys are a little rude … :joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Now, now Gents. Let’s give the OP a little break. I know his essay submission went elsewhere as opposed to where it was supposed too and hopefully it was applied to his class work. I know I never saw any of my essay submissions on the forum here, and I’m sure I had some doozies that would have been picked apart by you vultures… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :shushing_face:

3 Likes

If you want to use Grammarly without signing up, they have a place you can just enter in your sentence or paragraph and it will spit out things for you to consider changing. In my down time, I have been going through my website paragraph by paragraph and running them through this tool.

It is amazing how a sentence can sound perfectly fine in your head, but when you see it after being corrected, it sounds and reads so much better.

My website has a “readability rating” built into each page. It gives you a red, orange, or green indicator based on it’s evaluation of the writing on the page. Usually after making the corrections suggested by Grammarly, the indicator goes to green.

You can just copy and paste your sentence, paragraph, or whole page into this tool…

2 Likes

Just to demonstrate, I entered a sentence from my last post into the tool.

Here is the original…

It is amazing how a sentence can sound perfectly fine in your head, but when you see it after being corrected, it sounds and reads so much better.

Here is the corrected sentence…

It is amazing how a sentence can sound perfectly fine in your head, but it sounds and reads so much better when you see it after being corrected

2 Likes

Well, concerning the actual post, I do not completely agree.
Vented crawlspaces typically do not need vapor barrier, assuming there is sufficient air flow.
In my area, I never see vapor barrier in crawlspaces, except for an occasional manufactured home.

Hey, I just got here. I haven’t said anything yet!! :grin:

7 Likes

Wonder how he would write this crawl from yesterday…??

2 Likes

Your area is totally different from most regions that don’t have as much of a sand content in the soil…

3 Likes

Yes, very true. Even with heavy rainstorms, it doesn’t stick around long.
Another reason I rarely see settling issues, even with just 12" deep footings on a 2 story home. (Monoslab)

2 Likes

that may be true on whatever planet You are on but not here…vapor barriers are very important here…

A classic example of a real word spelled correctly but in the wrong context. Spell check and Grammarly don’t check for logical sentence construction. I’ve done that many times and missed them on my edit check. Easy to miss them, because your mind will see the word expected if you aren’t consciously checking each word. Then upon re-reading for some reason later, caught them. Sighhhh…

4 Likes