InterNACHI adopts a Vendor Code of Ethics.

Nick, how is this good for members AND the industry Nick?

Please explain it to us without spin.

Just because InterNACHI has officially endorsed allowing its members to receive kickbacks from contractors and to conceal their compensation arrangements with said contractors from their clients … does not mean that every member is doing it.

The Client Fidelity Pledge will still be available to qualifying inspectors who wish to set themselves apart from home inspectors who make these kinds of deals with contractors and the vendors who represent them.

Jim, I’m not sure what you mean by “contractors” but if you are referring to “repair contractors” that offer repair/replacement services for systems/components found within the Standards of Practice… , I agree…that is still an issue that we’re going to have to eventually deal with. It continues to be my #1 ethics concern. Yes, having a used car salesman call the consumer the day after the inspection is certainly distasteful (unless of course the consumer is in the market for a used car). But a used car salesman is not going to offer an incentive (even an indirect incentive) for the inspector to find more roofs that need to be replaced. A repair contractor is an entirely different game as we don’t want any influence from contractors on our industry’s reports and their objectiveness.

Allow me to explain.

Alarm systems contractors … the people who sell and install alarm systems (just like roofing contractors and other home service contractors) … employ and contract salesmen.

The revised code of “ethics” that was written and published by NACHI staff, in coordination with at least one representative of alarm systems contractors who sells for them.

Although this was a revision of the INACHI code of ethics, it was written without the assistance of the ESOP Committee and was published in its present form over the objections of the ESOP Chairman. It represents only the intentions of the NACHI staff and the salesman for alarm systems contractors who composed it.

This revision that was composed by non-inspectors and at least one representative of alarm systems contractors provides for NACHI members who report on the existence/non-existence of carbon monoxide detectors, smoke alarms and other similar systems to “ethically” receive kickbacks from alarm systems contractors when the contractor they refer their client to is successful in upselling the home buyer into a complete package.

The language that was originally suggested in the revision that was referred to, positively, by the ESOP Chairman in another thread was omitted. By that omission, home inspectors who have secret arrangements with salesmen representing alarm systems contractors for receiving various forms of compensation are permitted by the revised code to maintain their level of secrecy and conceal their arrangements from the home buyer while receiving their kickbacks.

Under the revised code of “ethics” … home inspectors are “ethically” permitted to include language in their inspection agreements to waive their clients’ restrictions and protection by “no call” lists and are allowed to secretly receive various forms of compensation (including cash, discounts, products, etc) and kickbacks from alarm systems contractors who successfully sell to their clients.

I don’t expect this explanation to fully coincide with any spin that NACHI staff and the representative of the alarm systems contractors might want to put on it … but it accurately reflects the result of NACHI’s decision to partner with the alarm systems contractors who are paying kickbacks to home inspectors.

While the salesman representing the alarm systems contractors who participated in helping NACHI staff draft this revision does not appear to be selling for other types of contractors, the wording that he approved and coordinated in the drafting of your unique revision to the code of “ethics” does not appear to limit the acceptance of kickbacks to home inspectors from other contractors. If a roofer wanted to pay for the same referral opportunities provided to him by your new #7, it appears that he could “ethically” arrange similar agreements … but only with NACHI members. ASHI (and most state laws) still prohibit it.

Since the revised language does not specifically exclude contractors from other industries … one could reasonably presume that this activity can be done with other contractors as well, so long as the minimal disclosure requirements it provides are met.

That is what I mean by “contractors”.

Allow me to explain.

Alarm systems contractors … the people who sell and install alarm systems (just like roofing contractors and other home service contractors) … employ and contract salesmen.

The revised code of “ethics” that was written and published by NACHI staff and in coordination with at least one representative of alarm systems contractors who sells for them.

Although this was a revision of the INACHI code of ethics that had been written by the ESOP Committee, it was written without the involvement of that ESOP Committee and was published in its present form over the objections of the ESOP Chairman. It represents only the intentions of the NACHI staff and the salesman for the alarm systems contractors who wrote it.

This revision, that was composed by non-inspectors and at least one representative of alarm systems contractors, provides for NACHI members who report on the existence/non-existence of carbon monoxide detectors, smoke alarms and other similar systems to “ethically” receive kickbacks from alarm systems contractors when the contractor they refer their client to is successful in upselling the home buyer into buying a complete package. In this regard, the inspector has been provided a financial incentive by this revision to the code of “ethics” to mention such things in his reports so that he can “ethically” receive these kickbacks and other incentives.

There was language that was originally suggested in the revision that was referred to, positively, by the ESOP Chairman in another thread, that has been omitted from your approved official wording. The language was omitted from the final draft after coordinating with the salesman for the alarm systems contractors. By that omission, home inspectors who have secret arrangements with salesmen representing alarm systems contractors for receiving various forms of compensation are now permitted by the revised code to maintain their level of secrecy and conceal their compensation arrangements from the home buyer while receiving their kickbacks.

Under the revised code of “ethics” … home inspectors are “ethically” permitted to include language in their inspection agreements to waive their clients’ restrictions and protection by “no call” lists and are allowed to secretly receive various forms of compensation (including cash, discounts, products, etc) and kickbacks from alarm systems contractors who successfully sell to their clients.

I don’t expect this explanation to fully coincide with any spin that NACHI staff and the representative of the alarm systems contractors might want to put on it … but it accurately reflects the result of NACHI’s decision to partner with the alarm systems contractors who are paying kickbacks to home inspectors.

Since the revised language does not specifically exclude contractors from other industries … one could reasonably presume that this activity can be done with other contractors as well, so long as the minimal disclosure requirements it provides are met. For instance, if a roofing contractor wanted to pay for the same referral opportunities provided to him by your new #7, it appears that he could “ethically” arrange similar agreements … but only with NACHI members. ASHI (and most state laws) still prohibit it.

That is what I mean by “contractors”.

Another 450+ word post echoes into the black abyss. This one tinged with an especially sour taste of grapes.

Allow me to explain.

Alarm systems contractors … the people who sell and install alarm systems (just like roofing contractors, insulation contractors, painting contractors, window replacement contractors and various other home service contractors) … employ and contract salesmen to set up their deals.

The revised code of “ethics” was written and published totally by NACHI staff and in coordination with at least one representative of alarm systems contractors who sells for alarm systems contractors.

Although this was a revision of an INACHI code of ethics that had originally been written by the ESOP Committee, this revision was written without the involvement of that ESOP Committee and was published in its present form over the objections of the ESOP Chairman. It represents only the intentions of the NACHI staff and the salesman for the alarm systems contractors who wrote it.

This revision, that was composed by non-inspectors and at least one representative of alarm systems contractors, provides for NACHI members who report on the existence/non-existence of carbon monoxide detectors, smoke alarms and other similar systems to “ethically” receive kickbacks from alarm systems contractors when the contractor they refer their client to is successful in upselling the home buyer into buying a complete package. In this regard, the inspector has been provided a financial incentive by this revision to the code of “ethics” to mention such things in his reports so that he can “ethically” receive these kickbacks and other incentives.

There was language that was originally suggested in the revision that was referred to, positively, by the ESOP Chairman in another thread, that has been omitted from your approved official wording. This language would have required the inspector to disclose to his client that he was receiving compensation and/or other consideration in exchange for the referral. The language was omitted from the final draft after coordinating with the salesman for the alarm systems contractors. By that omission, home inspectors who have secret arrangements with salesmen representing alarm systems contractors for receiving various forms of compensation are now permitted by the revised code to maintain their level of secrecy and conceal their compensation arrangements from the home buyer while receiving their kickbacks.

Since the revised language does not specifically exclude contractors from other industries … one could reasonably presume that this activity can be done with other contractors as well, so long as the minimal disclosure requirements it provides are met. For instance, if a roofing contractor wanted to pay for the same referral opportunities provided to him by your new #7, it appears that he could “ethically” arrange similar agreements … but only with NACHI members. ASHI (and most state laws) still prohibit it.

That is what I mean by “contractors”, Nick.

keep telling yourself that. You always say it’s only a small handful of us that see through all your BULL. That is because not many care to post here about you. On the same note you have the same or less that talk on your behalf here. Now you should see what has started on other media outlets…:shock: I know you wish this was all about you, but sorry it is much bigger than you. You just are in the limelight here at NACHI because of all the vendors involved you have the biggest mouth.

Sorry you think it is a bunch of winning bs but that is simply because you can’t accept the truth and or are scared of what the future holds.

You may have Nick under your control now but this is much bigger than NACHI. Nick used to be on top of his game and maybe someday will see the light again, but doesn’t really matter as this is way bigger than him or you.

You don’t really need to reply as that just adds to the confusion and detracts from the point of this thread, which is directed at Nick to explain this new useless COE.

Jim

The end is near.

OH yeah Nathan I forgot to ask how low you feel after I explained to you the meaning of The end is near ? I see you never commented after I replied to you.

Once again, you really don’t need to answer, as your silence spoke louder than any words could.

Jim

The end is near.

Indeed.

I doubt anyone else questioned it.

But sure I’ll take that as a reasonable explanation.:cool:

Jim

tHE END IS NEAR.

saved

OMG !!!

Simple.
It is the cheapest way to get the required ceu’s. I have had to answer that question a lot lately. :roll:

Yup I agree Eric, but isn’t that sad? One should be proud of the associations they are a member of. Heck I used to be proud, stick my chest out and say NACHI… now I have to think twice of exactly what to say.:roll:

Jim

The end is near.