InterNACHI awarded multi-million dollar government contract to inspect homes in Florida

Congrats! How can I help? I’m in Port Orange R2.

Hey! Nick, Hi…! and Thanks for this information.

Q1. How do we go about getting hired to perform this Wind Mitigation Inspections?
Q2. I am based in Maryland, but if feasable, I plan to “camp-on-site” (Florida) for a period to take this assignments. Is that possibble?
Q3. Special Equipment: Do we require any special equipment to perform this inspections? If so, Do we need to provide ourselves with this equipment? or Will the contracting entity provide the required equipment? Is there any piece of equipment that is not already in our tool box that we need to include?
Q4. About the MAPS addressed in the Wind Mitigation Course: Do we get those from the local authorities (Printed Materials)? or do we download our best definition Maps from accesible public websites (As refered in the Course Materials/Content)?
Q5. About the FORMS itselves: Do we Print the forms from the LINKS available on the Course contants and take them with us to the Site? or Is someone (Organization) providing them to the Inspectors?
Q6. Are there any InterNACHI VIDEOS ready-available on YouTube, like those prepared by Ben G. that can take the us (walk through) throughout the experience of doing one of this Wind Mitigation inspection experiences.

I am sure we all appreciate your feedback, or if you could direct us to “The Source” (cognizant official hiring source) to gain this knowledge?

Thanks!

You have to be licensed in Florida.

Have you ever did a Wind Mit?

Okay! Thanks… Good piece of INFO
Q7. What does it take to get Licensed in Florida?

I figured out that My License is Federal (50 States) as required by Maryland to get our License here. We take te Maryland Pre-Course and then the National Exam. Any enlightening on this will be appreciated…!

Hi…! Roy…
I am on-it, Just missing the Final Exam.
Q8. I notice THREE (3) Field Videos included on the Course materials, but all are perform on standing dwellings by an Insurance Inspector InterNACHI cerified. Hpwever, I was wondering about videos that could navigete us throughout dwellings that are no longer standing or have been impacted by Hurricane winds and debries (such as forensic inspections).

Yes, I’ve done quite a few down here. Actually was considering branching off and doing only wind mits and 4-points for income before Ian hit.

Q7: www.nachi.org/florida

2 Likes

Q6: Become a Certified Wind Mitigation Inspector - InterNACHI®. But you have to be licensed in Florida and you have to be an InterNACHI C.P.I.®. … InterNACHI doesn’t recognize the National Home Inspector Exam (NHIE).

2 Likes

This will be great for Internachi members in Florida. We have the training and personnel to really deliver. Great job gettting this contract Internachi!

3 Likes

And no one’s gettin’ fat cept Mama Cass. :grin:

2 Likes

How can I be placed on the list? Interested on helping. R3 but willing to travel.

Rafael, from what I gather based on Nick’s post above;

1. Be a Florida licensed HI.

2. Be a member of interNACHI with the CPI designation.

3. Be certified in Wind Mitigation through the interNACHI Wind Mitigation Course.

1 Like
  1. Be willing to be paid less for what an inspection is worth. :grin:
4 Likes

If I had the creds, I would sign on. Any money is better than no money…which is happing in my area…

And be ready to crawl your butt around in attics.

2 Likes

Awesome! Well done as always Nick.

How do us Florida insurance inspectors get hired by internachi? I’m in palm beach county and currently do 4 points and wind mits across 4 counties.

amazing how many people actually come out of the woodwork and participate in the forum when it is beneficial to them! 80% of the people replying here never comment.

8 Likes

Martin had it first, lol

5 Likes

Right? Nobody has asked the most relevant question yet…
How much do they pay?
And every question regarding how to apply and how/when to do them, there is no response.

Wind mitigations dont pay amazingly well to begin with