InterNACHI sues home inspector coalition and its secretary today (Aug 1, 2008).

I have the evidence. He is trying to get on the board. I’d rather sue a board member than some goofy, lying inspector in Kansas. Read: http://www.nachi.org/documents/mollygetssued.pdf I’ll use the suit against the board member to remind all agents in Kansas that ASHI has no entrance requirements, and almost no meaningful full membership requirements compared to the other 2 national associations.

www.nachi.org/requirementcomparison.htm

Evidence of wrong doing isn’t quite enough… we need to be able to prove damages like we’ve been able to do with PHIC.

So… if the local ASHI Founder / former president;

1. Wrote the New Hampshire law HI law {SB-212)

2. Started a Phony “Independent Coalition” with all ASHI members on the BOD for the sole purpose of getting this law passed.

3. Had a “Independent Coalition” with a 99.99% ASHI membership.

4. PUBLICLY Stated that “A Dog passed the NACHI on line test”

5. PUBLICLY stated that his 9-year old daughter who knows NOTHING about construction passed the NACHI on line test.

6. Established a NACHI-NH, E-mail address to mislead our members.

7. PUBLICLY slandered NACHI as an association.

8. PUBLICLY slandered our members.

This same person wrote letters to the members of the House and wrote letters to our Senators slandering NACHI and it’s members.
We have Eye Witnesses to these events.

One of our Senators even read one of these slanderous letters to our member Peter Russell.

And now this same person is trying to get on the Home Inspectors Licensing board!

Don’t you think that any or all of the above is worth a lawsuit?

This person monitors this message board and I am sure that he and all of his cohorts are interested in what you have to say!

PS:
Nick,
I would rather you reply to my question via Private E-Mail.

No. Your hearsay on a message board is not enough. Now if you had a transcript from the hearing, that would certainly be enough for me to sue him.

Would a member of ASHI, an association with a 30 second online come-with-a-credit-card-only application, an association that uses, for full membership, the same minimum standard licensing exam that many states use to license newbies, really publicly complain about www.nachi.org/membership.htm ?

Kind of like a person who passed his 4 hour Red Cross CPR exam complaing about a Medical Doctor’s qualifications.

What if the person was DEMENTED, DELUSIONAL, and or had DELLUSIONS OF GRANDEUR?

What if they thought… no change that… What if they were CONVINCED that they knew more than the Doctor and they knew more than the CPR trainer even BEFORE they took the course?

On SEVERAL occasions … In order to impress his fellow inspectors… One of these clowns BRAGS and I mean actually BRAGS about being assigned to a Nuclear Submarine!

With a big smirk on his face and his arms folded across his chest he BRAGS… “Can you Imagine the Steam Systems on this ship”?
No Home inspector will ever know what I know and …no Home Inspector will EVER be able to inspect a home " :|.)As Good as I can:|.)"

:shock: And there we stood in disbelief!:shock:

Thinking … what the hell do “Nuclear Steam Systems” have to do with

1. The Structural makeup of a home?
  2. The Roofing system of a home?
  3. The electrical system of a home?
  4. The plumbing system of a home? {Nuclear steam systems… hummmm}
  5. The HVAC system of the home?
  6. The wood, vinyl. or other siding of the home?
  7. The septic system? {Nuclear steam systems…Hummmmm}
  8. The Public water or dug well? {Nuclear steam systems… hummmm}
  9. The driveways, walkways, landscaping, retaining walls?
    10… The garage?

The list goes on and on… But… Don’t forget… since you have never served on a Nuclear Submarine and worked on their Steam Systems you will NEVER be as good as the CLOWN!

I will never understand why an association uses funds to sue others. IMHO the one suing is no better than the ones being sued.

You have to remenber that the association and INACHI TV are essentially “Nickey’s Babies” and he calls most of the shots!! (although others may argue differently) I don’t know of any other large association (there may be some) that does not have an elected executive (meaning democratic removal if necessary) and is essentially owned and controlled by one person.

Would be interesting to find out if there was an excutive meeting (even if only by phone) on this decision. And were there minutes kept of this meeting?

"When will we be moving these “wheels” from PA into other states where these crimes are happening on an ongoing basis?"

These wheels are needed in Canada too. Funny, but if you remove the names and other identifying parts, this action could be and should be launched up here too.

Nick?

Greg, if a fake coalition pops up in Florida and tells all the agents you work with that Greg Bell is a criminal, breaking the law, in violation of Florida home inspector regulations, and Greg Bell joined an illegal association (in PA, by law, you must be a member of a national association), and that the diploma mill, 30 second online application association they belong to has more strict membership requirements than InterNACHI’s when that isn’t true, and your agents then stop referring you… We’ll sue to protect you too and we’ll exploit the suits to remind all the agents in your area that they have a fiduciary duty to make sure the inspectors they refer aren’t members of the known no-entrance-requirement diploma mill. We’ll also sue every member of the fake coalition’s board of directors, their association chapter heads, and anyone (even wives) who participated in any conspiracy to harm Greg Bell. And we’ll do it over and over and over again until they are bankrupt (This is our third suit against PHIC and we’re preparing a 4th on other grounds that gets filed the day after this one settles).

In the words of my inner city friends I used to live with in Philly… “Don’t start no #%t, won't be no #%t.”

Nick,

Isnt this similar to what transpired in NH?

To bad Nick doesn’t come to NH more

Joe writes:

Yes, but the PA members gathered and sent me enough hard evidence to file the first suit. After that, we can collect our own evidence during the discovery phases of the suits. Get me something tangible. None of this “I heard someone shout something in a hallway” stuff. And don’t tell me what someone’s intentions are, or what they want to do, or what they might do. I can’t sue someone for thinking something. Here is a simple rule… if you can’t fax it to me at (650) 429-2057… it probably isn’t evidence.

Frank C and Peter, and all other NH NACHI members…

Here’s the intro and support you haver asked for. get Nick the tangible evidence you have in your possession.

No heresay. He needs written correspondence, public testimony which has been entered into the public record (via transcription) and proof of the harm.

Also, any non-member or wife who provides me any evidence of any conspiracy to harm InterNACHI members will be granted the same amnesty as certain members of PHIC’s board of directors enjoy. I can send the forgiveness agreement in writing. Email me at fastreply@nachi.org

Since 2003 three {3} different Home Inspector Licensing bills have been introduced to the House and the Senate.

I have traveled to the State Capitol seventy two {72} different times to testify before the House of Representatives, their Committees, and their Sub committees.
During these trips I have also testified before the Senate, their Committees, and their Sub Committees.

During these seventy two 72-trips one thing remained the the same and never varied… Two individuals who are members of the local ASHI Board of Directors went out of their way to slander NACHI as an Association and to slander individual NACHI members.

The founder of the local ASHI Chapter BRAGGED how his little daughter who is in Elementary school took and passed this test with a score of 100%!

They “Testified” that the NACHI test was a sham, and that ANYONE without the slightest knowledge of construction could pass.
They “testified” that the NACHI on-line test was a “Sham” because it provided the opportunity for an inexperienced person to get on-line and an experienced and knowledgeable Home Inspector would actually take the test for them.

They did this “in testimony” and in the Public hallways for ALL passing Senators, Members of the House and Home Inspectors from other associations to hear.

And… in the hallway after the hearings … that a Dog had taken the test and passed it!

This was their constant and unwaivering theme!
NOTE:
Now that the law {SB-212} has passed this individual has applied to be on the Home Inspector’s Licensing Board!

During my testimonies before the House and the Senate I did notice that some and I repeat some of the hearings were recorded.

Since we are talking about a five {5} year period gathering this information will be not only difficult but time consuming. And… like “they say”… time is money!

None the less… I will do it!

FOR THE RECORD!
I would like to make it clear that I have nothing against ASHI or ANY other Home Inspectors association.

As a matter of fact I nominated a long time ASHI member…Marcus Hutnick… as our first State Chapter Vice President! Marcus is one of the finest people and finest Home Inspectors that I have ever known.

We have members who have dual / multiple memberships {ASHI, ASPRIE, Etc.} in our NACHI State Chapter!
I have friends who are ASHI members and I can, and do recommend them as Home Inspectors all of the time.

So… once again… this has NOTHING to do with ASHI… This entire matter is about two individuals who just so happen to be members of that association.

If the hearings were recorded, they should have been archived and/or transcribed. Any record of these activities is what Nick will require, along with an application of these individuals to the HI Licensing Board. This, in addition to any old e-mails where he links himself in any way to NACHI (fraudulant behavior) is also key.

I think that Franks final point (above) is really important.

I know many ASHI and NAHI members around here. They are good guys and good inspectors.

It is not, necessarily, the membership of the other associations, but more the “leadership”, that is, the guys who want to think of themselves as the big cheeses in their associations or as the best inspectors (when they, usually, are just idiots).

I know of one such guy, big man in another association, pre-licensing instructor (licensed by the state to teach), and CE instructor, also on the state board.

But, this idiot does really bad inspections, regularly talks with the seller and realtor about the property, and not the clinet buyer and has been sued more than any other inspector in the state.

Yet, he is considered (mainly, by himself) to be the MASTER of home inspections.

But, he is just a fool.

Good thing that inspectors in this state, mainly because of licensing, done right, have gotten together and don’t participate in these silly little choad wars. In fact, we have gotten together and formed a state association that does lobbying (and has had some successes!) and there is never any mention of the different national associations.

And all this in ASHI’s home state!

Hope this moves to other states.

Kind of interesting Nick. Did you file criminal charges against them for practicing law without a license. What are the total money damages you are seeking and will they be split with the PA. Nachi members that were in business at the time? THAT WOULD BE GREAT FOR THEM.