InterNACHI's membership in Ontario topped 400 today.

Boy you all sure have alot of associations up there: PHPIO, OAHI, RHI, NCA, NCP, CAHPI.

The “blessing” reference in the article is pure B.S. in that none of the above were even mentioned once in any of the 3 recent Provincial home inspector licensing legislation proposals/drafts.

I do agree with:

www.nachi.org/green.htm

I hope they can catch up some day: www.nachi.org/green.htm

Nick: That’s apples and oranges. You also have not attended many if any of the licensing/legislation meetings across Canada where the National Certification is held up as the benchmark. I have and it is.

Bill Mullen

Sorry, Allen, but you can’t just ‘appoint’ yourselves as a body authorized to do what you are talking about. There is a right and a wrong way to do things, and a little history review about the Canadian Home Inspection industry might do wonders for your misconceptions.

No offense meant, but you and your group could get badly disappointed by approaching this with big ideas and hopes but minimal knowledge.

Bill Mullen

Bill,yes we know it will be a process,but we have the right vision,financial backing, and a strong knowledgable team in place,it is and will be a long but strong journey, as you have had/are with the NCH. We always have and will listen to others input .When there is a Big Enough Dream and Goal to achieve for CanNACHI and all its members be it walking that road other associations have gone , and to learn from their mistakes and accomplishments We shall overcome them and prosper

I heard the lies for 10 years that any day now Ontario was going to pass a law requiring everyone to be a member of OAHI, that any day now Canada was going to pass a law requiring everyone to be a member of CAHPI, and more recently that any day now we’ll all have to do the NCP thing. I took those liars at their word. So like a fool I attended an InterNACHI meeting where the legislators spoke on the matter and when I told them of these rumors the exact quote we got, from stage, was “Phooey” (spelling?).

So I decided to find out myself. I scheduled meetings with all the government officials and CHMC and legislators in 3 Provinces (BC, AB, ON) so as to meet with this mysterious government official about to make everyone join a private association. I failed. Because he/she doesn’t exist.

In fact, I got to see the draft legislations and none of them, not one, even mentions a private association or OAHI or CAHPI or RHI or NCP or NCA or CanNACHI or InterNACHI, CMI, the Canadian Football League or any other PRIVATE organization.

Don’t let the “A” in National Certificate Authority fool ya folks… they aren’t a government authority but rather a just a private company. Now there is nothing wrong with a private company creating an optional certification process… other than the deceiving name (which BTW, didn’t play too well with the officials I spoke with). InterNACHI is a private trade association itself, despite our online courses being recognized (I threw that in for you who are sexually obsessed with that word “recognized”) and approved across the U.S. I’m all for private certifications.

Anyway, I hate to bring you all the bad news (I’ve explained this before) but here goes:

There are only 2 ways to COMPEL inspectors to join your private association or seek your professional designation… only 2:

1. Get the government to require it. Well, we all know that that isn’t going to happen. Great membership drive trick though, I should have thought of it myself. :wink:

2. Entice inspectors to join by offering www.nachi.org/benefits.htm and www.nachi.org/education.htm

So I’m afraid you’ll have to get members the old fashioned way… earn them!

Finally… let’s all just stop with the B.S… just stop. The NCP thing looks great. If I were a Canadian inspector I’d probably go for it myself. But let’s not dirty it by surrounding it in lies. It is what it is and great as it is. So just stop there.

Sorry for losin’ it… I couldn’t hold back any longer.

Nick Well Said!!! couldnt have explained it better myself

"Sorry, Allen, but you can’t just ‘appoint’ yourselves as a body authorized to do what you are talking about. There is a right and a wrong way to do things, and a little history review about the Canadian Home Inspection industry might do wonders for your misconceptions.

No offense meant, but you and your group could get badly disappointed by approaching this with big ideas and hopes but minimal knowledge.

Bill Mullen"

Bill, that is just a little disingenuous isn’t it? Who exactly appointed you? If you and your various groups didn’t voluntarily step into the breach and try to organize the industry true to your vision then who exactly empowered you to do so? You can’t have it both ways.

So who should Allen grovel in front of and ask for permission to get this thing off the ground? You? Wayne Fulton? Cam Allen? Or some of the other people who have been hanging around trying to get the job done time and again? How many of the “good old boys” must sign on before permission is granted?

Is it possible that the Allen’s “big ideas” frighten you and your friends. Join us Bill and bring your friends too. CANACHI welcomes all inspectors. United we stand.