Internet Viruses

Originally Posted By: clawrenson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

My computer was recently infected with a virus known as “Hacktool.Rootkit”, a type of backdoor tool kit for future entry into your computer. It was a very agressive “bug”, and caused a lot of issues in trying to use any program. Norton AV picked it up, but I could not get rid of it, even after trying several other “free scans” posted on the internet such as McAffee, etc. I am now currently trying a product called “eScan” on a 90 day trial. It seems to have cleared up the issue and found another 10 viruses and removed them also. Now the problem is it has bogged down my computer with sniffing out everything I do and it is timely and slows down almost everthing!

The long and short of it is - I would be interested in your experience with these nasty "guys", and also reminding everyone of the issue of the vulnerability of our systems relative to communicating and opening files from the internet, especially some of those attachments or referenced links. Also have you run into this bug and found another way to clear it up?

Thanks in advance, Claude

--
Ontario Home Inspections Inc.

Originally Posted By: ekartal

That’s the problem with some of the anti-virus software programs. They can be too thorough and tell you to delete files that you really shouldn’t. Then some viruses that you want out become embedded in the hard drive and you can get rid of them (system restore helps). What has slowed down my system the most is the adware junk that gets in.

Erol Kartal

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Thanks Joe. Like I said that adware garbage is as bad as any virus I’ve known.

Erol Kartal