Is getting my own lock box access worth it?

I have it and I think it helps to make you look more professional. In addition, you don’t have to rely on an agent to have everything in place for you. Combined with ShowingTime, the agents know that I can handle everything from setting up the appointment to getting access. Just my 2 cents.

For $4,350.00/year?

A fool and his money are soon parted.

2 Likes

I have access to Sentri lockboxes. Don’t use it often, but has been handy with the Covid issue. Small realtor association here. $100 a year I think for the access. I still prefer the realtor be there, but not always possible.

1 Like

Oh gosh no. It’s like $300/yr in my area. I would not be a player at $4350.

2 Likes

How does one go about getting a Supra Key account\setup?

At least where I am (and I believe it is pretty much standard) You will need to join the local Board of Realtors, and then they should be able to help you get one. That is if your local board allows it some will not allow us lowly inspectors to have them. I have had one probably for about eight years. Besides being an affiliate member of the BOA, I believe there was about a $200 cost to start out, along with a criminal background check and then it cost me about $14 a month. I’m sure all of them are different.

Good luck and I hope this helps,
Larry

3 Likes

It is going to depend on your location.

Yes.

Although depending on your local RE market YMMV.

Normally through the local RE board. You’ll most likely need to join as an affiliate member to gain access to a supra key.

Mine was $150/year associate and $75/year for usage for the Supra Key.

My local real estate organization just started allowing home inspectors access to the sentrikey app. $500 a year.

Thank you!