Is it a Valid Signature

Here is a little bit of the code. I took out the names and address for obvious reasons. I don’t doubt that it is legal. I can just see some attorney having a hayday arguing all kinds of nonsense. Also as Neil said having some judge trying to figure it out.

1 Like

Thank you James, I’ll check it out.

Does it show all of this code on the client-facing side as well? Seems like there might be a glitch in the matrix. All that is really needed is the signer’s IP address as far as I understand.

Here is what Spectora displays at the bottom of the agreement when a client has clicked to accept it. The red is covering their name.

The screen shot I sent you has something similar at rhe top of the page.

Alright so here is what has been explained to me by an attorney who deals with electronic signatures on a regular basis. She says first of all, the only way this would come into play is if I were sued and in court my customer denied signing the agreement. Then I would have to prove the integrity of the signature. She says that there is code behind the signature that Ryan posted but it isn’t displayed, but is available if you would happen to need it. I guess that her firm actually defended an inspector who uses Spectora. According to this attorney one signature is just as legally binding as the other. She said if she had her choice of signatures that she would rather have one that actually had a signature on the agreement because it seems more authentic to a jury. Thank you everyone for all of your input. This has been a good discussion…

2 Likes