It pays to be NACHI. Exclusive E&O insurance discount.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/eo.htm

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

That was #1 on my "wish list" of things to be done for the org.

Bravo and thank you!

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Very good Nick.

I'm happy to see that such an enormous insurance broker will be on our side offering members discounts on their (already ridiculously high elsewhere) premiums.

I'm definitely interested.

What insurance company?

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Nick,

We might even be willing to purchase, dare I say, E&O insurance, long live free enterprise.

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: jquinn

Joseph,

Your point is very valid, and I would agree wholehardedly.

What remains to be seen is what coverage, and more importantly, what exclusions will exist in their offering. Also, a group "policy" and group "rates" are two different things, and it'll be interesting to see which is actually being offered. For example, my auto insurance policies are through my wife's association and we get group "rates". My premiuims are based on my track record, not someone else's, and I am free to choose what terms and coverage I want. A group "policy" would be a standard policy, of which the terms and coverage would be more or less predetermined and with rates being being subject to not only your track record, but all others whom belong. Experience up here in Canada where a number of us belonged to an association group policy was that payouts by the insurance companies for claims by some resulted in the non-renewal of the group policy which affected us all. As a result, I have personally decided that insurance that I carry, and I do carry insurance, will be obtained on my terms...if a group rate comes into existance, I will look at it, but group policies don't interest me one iota. Finally, a high credit rating for an insurance company can be interpreted two ways: a) they may go to bat in defending against claims, thereby not paying out much, or b) they don't cover much or have high deuctilbles and the policy holder is left holding the bag. Ya gotta read the fine print !!

James Quinn
Kitchener, Ontario CANADA

Originally Posted By: cmccann

My only comment to this offering is when and where and how long. Many of us are shopping around for E&O and I would like to hold off until I see what is offered. But how long do we wait?

Nick please post as soon as possible the time table when you get the info, and thanks again for you hard work and dedication,

--
NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Nice…I’ll wait and see what they have to offer…probably won’t get around to my state for awhile though. icon_cry.gif

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I’m not going to sugar coat this for you. I could have got us poor coverage for expensive premiums quickly. Anyone can do that.

The reason this has been going on for a year and moves so slowly is because it is GREAT coverage for INexpensive premiums. I promise.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

And its offered to NACHI members only. This firm must have seen something in NACHI that the other orgs and detractors cannot, or did not, or refused to.

Makes a person think, doesnt it? NACHI must be doing somethng right, even though there are those who do little more than tell us that we are doing everything wrong.

Bravo Nick.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."