InterNACHI’s 2021 Online Christmas Party: Advice and Etiquette
Welcome to InterNACHI’s Annual Online Christmas Party… the inspection industry’s biggest event of the year! Festivities start on Tuesday, December 14, 2021. You won’t want to miss it. Each year, more than 3,000 inspectors attend and the party goes on all day long. We expect more than 4,000 attendees this year.
Here’s how it works: Throughout the party, InterNACHI® will post inspection-related prizes that inspectors can win by posting to the thread. (And if you have any questions about how to participate, please post that, too!)
Here’s some information about this year’s event, and how you can help it go smoothly:
- This year’s party is being hosted by Cozy Coats for Kids®, a registered charity funded almost solely by the inspection industry. See the forum thread titled “Cozy Coats for Kids” on InterNACHI’s message board .
- If you’re an InterNACHI® member, log into the message board. If you don’t know your member username or password, visit this link: https://www.nachi.org/get_password.htm
If you aren’t logged in, the delay from moderation (non-registrants’ posts are moderated) will likely prevent you from winning. So if you aren’t registered to use InterNACHI’s forum, you should do that now. If you’ve never registered to use the forum, go here: https://www.nachi.org/auth/login . If you are an InterNACHI member, you are already registered to use the forum. If you can post on the message board (feel free to make a test post), you’re good to go.
- Be sure to include identifiable information in your posts, such as your city and state/province. InterNACHI® has 29,400+ members in North America and more than 100 of them have the last name “Smith.” So, help us figure out who you are by telling us where you are.
- If you already own the gift that’s currently being offered, or if you won it last year, or if you have won several gifts in a row, please don’t take it. Allow someone else to win it. You can also post the word “Pass” and we’ll ship it to the next person who posts in that thread.
- Canadian members can’t win certain infrared products due to laws restricting the shipment of such items to Canada.
- Some gifts are for certain members only. For example, the “We’ll Buy Your Home” Guarantee rack cards are only for participating members of www.nachi.org/buy . And Certified Master Inspector® http://certifiedmasterinspector.org products are only for Certified Master Inspectors®, etc.
- Some gifts are free to all (“Everyone wins”) by simply clicking on the link posted. From there you can download it or order it at no cost.
- Unless you tell us otherwise by emailing email@example.com, we will ship to the address you have in your member profile. Now would be a good time to make sure your address is accurate by going to www.nachi.org/profileintro
- A few gifts (not very many, though) are being offered directly by industry vendors, so the winner will have to contact those vendors directly to claim their prize.
- We expect to pack and ship four truckloads of gifts for winners after the party. To save money, we’ll choose the least expensive shipping option, so some gifts will arrive after Christmas. Gifts shipped to Canada might arrive after the New Year.
- As in previous years, everyone who participates will win something.
- Logistics and shipping is generously being provided by InspectorOutlet.com again this year, so always give them your business (loyalty is a two-way street).
- Finally, we encourage you to make a donation in any amount to Cozy Coats for Kids ®, an award-winning registered charity supported almost solely by the home inspection industry. Everyone who donates will have their home inspection company’s contact information, logo, and a live link to their home inspection website posted on the Cozy Coats for Kids® Donors Page at https://cozycoatsforkids.org/donors … forever. Check out your fellow inspectors who are listed there already.