Latest paypay scam

I got this in the mail today. I know it’s a scam because my paypal account is not hooked up to the email address to which this was sent and I never keep that kind of money in it. So I forward it to spoof@paypal.com but out of curiosity, I click on the Dispute Transaction link and put in a phony email address and a bogus password. Sure enough I get a registration page asking me to confirm all my information.

Query: Why can’t paypal stop these guys?

Because in one week, it will be shut down and they will open a new site with the same program.

Can you do use all a favor. Stop promoting this, and disable their link in your post. Too many people might click on it, out of curiosity.

Thank you,

tom

Anyone who is that stupid is not smart enough to be a home inspector.

I get these things on a daily basis. I think spoof@paypal.com is beginning to know me personally. Some days there are three or four of them. I never, ever open them.

Gee I do not think I agree I got nailed by a virus and posted it here and many told me how glad they where that I told them so the too did not get hit .

Cookie

“Anyone who is that stupid is not smart enough to be a home inspector.”

[quote - Joe Ferry]

“…but out of curiosity, I click on the Dispute Transaction link and put in a phony email address and a bogus password.” [Joe Ferry]

Frequently, all that is required to enable the scam is to ‘click’ on their link – that can open your computer to the scammer.

I didn’t say removed the information, just the link. Now that this thread has this link in it, I’m getting warnings from IE 7 that this site (this thread specifically) is a ‘suspicious website’.

No need for the link to function, or have M$ giving false warning messages. :smiley:

tom

If you hover the mouse pointer over a link, a good browser will show the imbedded url at the bottom and make it easy to see the bogus ones.

I have got some really good ones that looked like they were from Bank of America but were scams and the hover method made it easy to see.