Lead Inspection and Testing requirements?

I am somewhat familiar with the federal law requiring renovators, repairers, and painters to become certified for work on pre-78 homes. However, what about those of us (me) that are not interested in doing this type of work yet would like to do “Lead Inspections and Testing” only. In reading this law I am confused as to what certification one would need or even if one would have to be “certified” in order to do “Inspection and Testing” only. Is the RRP certification required for “Inspection & Testing”? Is there a separate certification for Inspection & Testing only?

Lead inspecting and testing is usually regulated by the state. Start there.

Thanks James.