Let's talk NUPI...

Nobody is that stupid.

If you want to deny that NUPI every existed, everybody who has followed this board knows the truth. You Michael Rowan want-a-be.

OK. Here is the link - what do you see. better yet let’s spell it out. http://hisearch.org

You changed the website. How stupid do you think people are.

Reread Post # 1. Perhaps it will help you with your misunderstanding. Thanks for your interest.

CACHE of Jan. 30th 2008

John I think you need to read the post #19. You got caught lying to NACHI members again.
You own NUPI. Even the properties on the website showed that the site was changed 2/07/08
Google NUPI aand everybody will find out that it has a SOP and a COEs.
Why would A research organization (as you claim it was) need a SOP and COE?
You are busted again.

Well said Cookie! I don’t see myself listed, but I was a proud member.

Thanks for everything Pops!

Thanks Chris.

Mr. Braun,

That hisearch.org site has been a workplace for several sites. Including the NACHI Foundation; NACHI National Chapter; NACHI Chapter Listings; NACHI Awards; Seminars on “The History of the Home Inspection Industry”, “Site Drainage”, “Asbestos Recognition” and a couple of others I can’t remember off the top of my head. Perhaps you can find the cached pages on them also.

It’s a simple working area for many people of many organizations that I am familiar with or desire to assist in some way or another.

Again, I am not now nor have I ever been an Owner or Founder of NUPI. You are just purely and simply wrong.

From a document on the NUPI site.

NATIONAL UNIFORM PROPERTY INSPECTORS INSPECTION STANDARD

FOREWARD

For years, states, counties, and National Inspection Associations such as ASHI®, InterNACHI®, NAHI®, etc. have developed general guidelines, (often known as Standards of Practice) that outlined very basic and minimum standards for home inspectors in the performance of non-invasive and non-code inspections for buyers and sellers alike of residential properties. The National Uniform Property Inspectors Standards Committee based out of the National Uniform Property Inspectors Association is sponsoring the development of special standards and performance guidelines that will provide or assist governments, associations, home/commercial inspectors, and the home/commercial industry in general with a professional standard that may be adopted or referenced.

Title:

National Uniform Property Inspectors Inspection Standards

2008 National Uniform Home and Commercial Inspection Standards Committee

John Bowman
Committee Secretary
Phone: (303) 591-9896

Patrick Carter
Committee Chairman
Phone:

I take a mean shorthand. Comes from having short stubby fingers.

I don’t see my name on there either. What is this list of, anyways?

Thanks John!

Anytime. All anyone had to do was call and ask. It’s unfortunate that a couple of our members jump the gun and assume. I never received one phone call or email from anyone.

National Online Chapter

I think one of the reasons for that, John, is that you rarely give any straight answers since the tape recording incident at the Florida convention.

For instance, your continued insistence that you were neither the “founder or owner” of this NUPI thing …as it is repeated…almost sounds as if you are claiming no involvement with it at all, while you ignore the posts that name you on at least one of its committees.

You started a thread called “Let’s talk NUPI…” but you have not said anything.

Let me take a stab at it and see what happens.

If NUPI was a “research center” as you referred to it in your first post, why did it publish (then hide) a code of ethics and standard of practice for conducting a home inspection for its “members”?

Fair question.

My assistance was asked for and I agreed, however, I had no obligations or interest in the outcome or financial side of it. Similar to the C & H Insurance benefits coming out. I worked with Schuyler and his Boss (Jim) for a couple of years on that. See episode 20 of NACHI-TV. I had the pleasure of talking with both Schuyler and Jim on several occasions on the E & O side of the equation. The Health Care and Life Insurance is new and a huge plus for NACHI members.

They actually created a suggested code of ethics and standards of practice for individuals to use within their own business practices. However at the same time NUPI was establishing membership requirements so that if someone was to be banished from their licensed state for example, it gave NUPI (just like NACHI, ASHI, etc.) a leg to stand on to eliminate the unethical inspector, appraisor, building official, participant, etc. with no problems.

Again now that you have brought up the subject of NACHIGATE perhaps we should revisit it. Tomorrow I will begin a list of anyone and everyone I can remember talking to at the 2005 Convention. Perhaps then, you can go to each one of them and drill them with questions. Of course, then again, you apparantly have heard some type of tape or something wherein you can publish its contents here so that we are all on the same page. Of course I will expect a copy of this so called taping and transcription for obvious reasons.

PS. Don’t make this site anything more than what it is. A working site, not a formal or permanent site for anything. What you see there today may be something new tomorrow. It was a great place to put things on the internet without any exposure to be worked on.

I was referring to the timing of NACHI-gate…not the incident, itself. That was a pivotal point in time.

Back to NUPI.

Why would a “research center” feel the need to “eliminate” anyone from reading from its material? What difference would it make to NUPI if a licensed inspector was reading its newspaper telephone listing or one whose license was suspended or revoked?

Hmmm. Nothing I remember working on.

I imagine that they planned on having a membership listing that included their state and license number. Just another area for internet exposure and advertising of the business and service. I really don’t know. You’re asking the wrong person.