Letter to Minister Fontana

Originally Posted By: rcooke
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

clawrenson wrote:
Raymond I won't get into specific "case" or "event" details - but may I ask why do you continue to air these types of issues - and drag the name of NACHI in the line of fire by posting these matters here?

You rightfully are entitled to grieve your allegations to the appropriate association bodies, as your primary step in the process. Alternatively you could even try to address it on a person to person level. So deal with it on a fair and reasonable level, without dragging others into this unnecessarily.

Once again, I choose not to address your other claims in your statements in this recent part of the thread, simply to reduce the risk of creating another round of unnecessary exchanges in words on such matters. After all these are best judged by the appropriate jurisdictions.

Gee this sounds to me like do as I say not as I do.
Claude you are doing exactly what you ask Raymond not to do.
Unfortunately this is the only Place where we are able to get out true information to the Canadian Members.
Those who belong to Bill,s Closed CANUK forum are fed a very slanted and many times untrue information .
It is unfortunate that those who wish to correct the false information are chastised so severally
they no longer make posts on the CANUK forum .
Those who tried to continue to show where the errors are, get removed.
I can see why you not chastise the false information presented on the Canuck forum ( It is your removal if you do ).
The language Bill uses when he found giving FASLSE information is very far from professional
and he expects to be listened too when he goes on one of his tangents.
You say take your concerns to the proper people, Well that does not work .
I am no longer a member of OAHI/CAHPI because they did not and still do not answer complaints.
I have three complaints sent to the OAHI DPPC and no answers.
I know now why, they do not have a DPPC .
They had a very honest efficient DPPC committee that tried to stay arms length from the BOD as the Bylaws stated.
Unfortunately they have not been able to a proper replacement.
I highly recommend all Canadians read the CAHPI web site and see the much false information presented.
Bill stated CAHPI was paying for it and had put in $2,000,000:00.
Read the last sentence and sections (15),(17),(19), (36) and others.

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

http://Royshomeinspection.com

Originally Posted By: clawrenson

If a person gives or gets such “trash”, the best advice is to either notify the appropriate association or source, or law enforcement if it contains threats, or just ignore it (the best option). After all respectfully most people don’t really believe everything that is posted. Responding will just escalate matters. Time and time again that has been proven right here.

IMHO. Remember, sticks and stones.... So now I choose to ignore it! It's really not my problem. So now I chose the latter. End of this discussion - thank you!

--
Ontario Home Inspections Inc.

Originally Posted By: rwand1

Quote:
Despite the antics of those two morons Wand and Cooke, and a supporting cast of dim bulbs such as Larry Ewens,

Were those comments necessary? I don't think so.

Quote:
I have been trying to make it very clear that the Canadian Certification Program is going ahead and I want to include EVERYONE.

Gee that certainly doesn't seem to jive with the tone of the email. Nor does it jive with the other statement made not to long ago that NACHI would be irrelevent after the CAHPI Conference in Niagara Falls.

Quote:
CAHPI and I are not trying to exclude anyone. In fact, we want to include as many inspectors as we can in this project.

Maybe that would be more believable if NACHI has a letter on CAHPI letter head stating so.

Quote:
I will never stop promoting CAHPI and knocking NACHI until you and your group decide to work with us and raise your standards. I have tried in the past but it just didn't seem to work out.

Firstly no one asked Mr. Mullen to promote NACHI. Clearly he has his own alligance. He asks that NACHI raise its standards, yet clearly he has no standards in his ability to work with NACHI as he promises. Sorta a Dr. Jeckyl, Mr. Hyde complex.

Quote:
Unfortunately, you and Mr. Butchard do not understand out Canadian HI Industry. Actually, Mr. Butchard and Mr. Bowman are so far off base I have no willingness to even talk to them.

Oh thats good, contradict the tone of message. What is the message here? You only deal with Nick? I guess its okay for NACHI to now make the same request of Mr. Guihan? NACHI needs to talk to Mr. Guihan. If Mr. Guihan is not willing to talk to NACHI I guess there is no need for NACHI to do anything? Or is NACHI being included only to add legitimacy to CAHPI? Hmmmm?

Quote:
We can solve a lot of probems with a high level agreement.

The only high level agreement in my opinion will happen between Mr. Guihan on behalf of CAHPI and Mr. Gromiko on behalf of NACHI. That is the way I see things being played out.

Quote:
You control your people and I can make our side move as needed.

I would also ask that Mr. Guihan control his people too. Then we can all get along.

As to the other matters, the facts speak for themselves. My colleagues have been slandered by a person who supposedly speaks on behalf of CAHPI.

As to misuse of accreditation the facts speak for themselves.

The above are the personal opinions of the author and do not represent those of Nachi.

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (OAHI)
http://www.raymondwand.ca

Update …

I have had it confirmed that Mr. Mullen is no longer a member of ASHI, and will be contacted by ASHI Compliance Section in this regard. Mr. Mullen has since removed the ASHI logo from his website.

I would also like to apologize for being correct!

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

rwand1 wrote:
Update ....

I have had it confirmed that Mr. Mullen is no longer a member of ASHI, and will be contacted by ASHI Compliance Section in this regard. Mr. Mullen has since removed the ASHI logo from his website.

I would also like to apologize for being correct!

So strange Bill Mullen is the person who created such a big stink about a Student member
of OAHI who used the OAHI insignia on their web site .
Bill was on the Board of Directors when this happened , he of all people should know the proper protocol.
Apparently you can belong to OAHI but are not allowed to use the OAHI insignia till you become an RHI,
This takes up too 8 years to do .
Nothing like a closed door society.

I left OAHI and see other RHI's doing the same thing.

I guess they too do not like the way things are not run.

Join NACHI be HAPPY

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

- Edward Blake, speech at Aurora, Ontario. Oct 3, 1874.

How fitting, eh? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: rfrancis

Oh what a terrible web we weave when one practices to deceive.

Not exactly quoted but you get the idea.

--
Bob Francis
Shamrock Home Inspections Inc
Toronto, Ontario Canada

Raymond Wand

Alton, ON

NACHI Member

Looks like the truth really bothers Dave . 8 years and he still is not an RHI.

So glad he loves NACHI he keeps coming back to learn the truth.

So Strange I was sure he said he would never come back to the NACHI site.

I was also sure he said he would never be communicating with us again .

I guess he is Like Bill Mullen do as I say not as I do.

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

If this is the best CAHPI can offer, we have nothing to fear but stupidity itself. icon_lol.gif

Raymond Wand

Alton, ON

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: lewens

effing a hole, lets see, I used to know what an effing a hole was. Wait it’s coming to me now. Look up effing ahole in a dictionary and you see a picture of, wait for it,

Dave Bottoms

Just my usual 12.5 cents

From The Great White North Eh?
NACHI-CAN
www.aciss-brant.com
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com/

lewens wrote:
effing a hole, lets see, I used to know what an effing a hole was. Wait it's coming to me now. Look up effing ahole in a dictionary and you see a picture of, wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Dave Bottoms

And the winner is Larry ! another great one

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

Hi Larry,

You're to generous in your description, you flatter him. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Typical CAHPI; they know they have a problem but fail to do anything. The Invisible Man is still invisible! He is also a man of few words! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Don't worry Mr. Fontana is being kept abreast of the latest developments. Of that you can be assured.

Cheers,

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: lwillick

Point of interest:

CMHC does not recognize NACHI, nor refer to NACHI in it's documentation regarding inspection associations. CAHPI has CMHC in their pocket.
Regards,
larry

PS: Keep up the good work Raymond

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Raymond Wand

Alton, ON

NACHI Member

True Raymond.

However CMHC by posting only CAHPI on their website information, inadvertently are advising realtors to only refer to CAHPI. This does affect your bottom line.

Regards

larry

Larry,

Are you saying CHIBO is restrictive to trade?

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

Raymond:

I am saying that CMHC does not mention or refer to NACHI members.

larry

Larry

The CMHC site use to tell viewers to ensure inspectors had E&O. That was removed. The CMHC site also tells readers not to use part-time inspectors, or contractors to do inspections. That in itself is restrictive because I know many in OAHI who are part time inspectors. Everything from school teachers, firemen, renovators/contractors....

Personally my business is solely based on reputation and referral. I don't rely on CMHC for anything, and I won't be relying on CMHC for anything in the future. If CMHC is run like the Liberal party and CAHPI is run like the Liberal party, maybe Mr. Gomery should be consulted. ![icon_redface.gif](upload://f7DX2EWhmUfsDapWaYT3oJHMCj1.gif) ![icon_redface.gif](upload://f7DX2EWhmUfsDapWaYT3oJHMCj1.gif)

Still don't see anything legally binding by way of legislation designating CAHPI as the hoop master. CHIBO has also not been ratified by any provincial associations to my knowledge.

I wonder how many have taken the time to print and read the CHIBO document? Not many I bet. Apathy is alive and well in Canada.

Cheers,

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
NACHI Member

lwillick wrote:
True Raymond.
However CMHC by posting only CAHPI on their website information, inadvertently are advising realtors to only refer to CAHPI. This does affect your bottom line.
Regards
larry

So strange CMHC is saying that CAHPI ( this includes CAHPI/ONTARIO)
is going to be the group that looks after the National Certification.

CMHC sure has not done their home work this group leaves a lot to be desired .
They still do not answer some letters from members and non members .
When complaints are laid following their own bylaws they just continue to do nothing.
They continue to treat up and coming inspectors as cash cow and milk these poor souls for many dollars.
The future looks bad for Canadian HI's if it comes to this group getting control.
I understand some ( Not NACHI ) members are contemplating going to court if this happens.
The CAHPI web site has the CHIBO 11 Project on their web site 91 pages http://www.cahpi.ca/

--
Roy Cooke Sr.