Level 1

Anyone know the best, and least expensive online courses available to get the Level 1 Thermography Certification?

Thanks

Infraspection Institute has online courses at a reasonible price.

I was looking at that Scott…almost $1,700.00 … I wonder if there is anything else available?

I’ve been looking too Dale, so I’ll hang around your post and hopefully someone will be along soon to help us both out.

I took my Building Science Certificat course through ITC It was $1750 but not online, it was hands on training for 3 1/2 days.

Same here, with Larry.

I finished the online level 1 course from Infraspection last month. I was very happy with the course and the materials that they sent me. I was able to take the course for $995 by attending their IR/INFO event held in Orlando each year. I would suggest that you give them a call and see if you can buy your ticket to next years event and get the level 1 online course for free.

I would recommend it over Level 1 because they put more emphasis into inspecting buildings.

Greg,
Is this the course you just completed? Click here.
Thanks again for you help.

No

This is the course that I just completed.

I took the distance learning option.

Thanks.

ITC has the best Level One Thermography training out there…Bar none.

I wouldn’t be looking for bargains for this type of training, as you get what you pay for.

Several of the guys around me have taken ITC’s - others have taken Snells. The guys taking Snells said it was top drawer and less geared toward 1 camera manufacturer than ITC’s.

Dale you surprise me cannot get a Cadillac for the price of a Ford

I’m not saying that nobody said this, but I have attended two ITC courses and even when I went to Billerica, M.A. discussion about cameras was totally across-the-board. The instructors were totally up on the equipment that was out there and did not push one particular camera over another, however new the distinct differences, advantages and drawbacks of each and every camera on the market[FONT=Tahoma][size=2]!
[/size][/FONT]ITC actually had someone from[FONT=Tahoma][size=2] Flir looking at another company’s camera to fix it so they could continue with their course!
I think that the top trainers out there are all this way, or they are not the top trainers.
[/size][/FONT]The only time I’ve been to a training seminar put on by[FONT=Tahoma][size=2] Flir where cameras are pushed is when the local distributors are sponsoring the seminar.
[/size][/FONT]

I concur.

The trainers never pushed a certain style or manufacturer of specific cameras and they always emphasized the fact that every camera is designed for specific uses. I can’t count the many different styles of cameras that were at my Level One training class. I used several different IR cameras while taking this course, even the 25,000 (Rolls-Royce) IR cameras, which weren’t for me.

Exactly!
And for those of you that can’t decide on a camera[FONT=Tahoma][size=2], take an ITC course and you will see practically every make model and version available before you buy.
I can’t comment on the others. Maybe Mr. Bell can help out here.
I do know there is training out there where a thermal imaging camera is not even on-site!
[/size][/FONT]

Dear Dale:

Infraspection has two courses within our Distance Learning Program that may be of interest to you. These are: Level I Thermography and Infrared Inspections for Home and Building Inspectors. Although these courses share some material, they are markedly different.

***Infrared Inspections for Home and Building Inspectors *** is recommended for professional inspectors seeking to add thermography to their inspection offerings. Designed specifically for home and building inspectors, students are taught how to locate common deficiencies in building envelopes, insulated roofs and building subsystems.

This course also covers the how to successfully market, price and sell infrared inspection services. Course attendance may be applied to training requirements for thermographer certification through Infraspection Institute.

Course is priced at $500 for InterNACHI members and includes 24 hour access to all online course presentations, Student Reference Manual in electronic format, online quizzes, self-directed field assignments, proof of course completion, and free ground shipping of course materials to continental US.

Level I Thermography is recommended for those who seek to maximize their investment in their infrared camera and/or are looking to expand their business into a new and profitable areas. Typical gross revenue for a Level I thermographer is $200,00 per year.

In our Level I course, students are trained to identify and document thermal patterns caused by improper design, workmanship or material failure. Specific applications include: electrical distribution systems, mechanical systems, steam systems, refractory systems, underground piping, active thermography, building envelopes and flat roofs.

Completion of this course qualifies one to take the Infraspection Institute Certified Infrared Thermographer® exam. This exam is available at no cost at any regularly scheduled open enrollment class or by appointment online for an additional fee.

Course price of $1695 includes 24 hour access to all online course presentations, Student Reference Manual, online quizzes, self-directed field assignments, proof of course completion, and free ground shipping of course materials to continental US.

Both of the above courses are approved by the InterNational Association of Certified Home Inspectors and meet the training requirements for their Infrared Certified professional designation and logo.

Please feel free to give me a call should you have any questions or we can be of further assistance. We look forward to working with you!

Jim Seffrin, Director

Infraspection Institute

425 Ellis Street
Burlington, NJ 08016
609-239-4788

Level I Thermography
Infrared Inspections for Home and Building Inspectors