Liability Insurance When Working for Multi-Inspection Firms

To get licensed in FL you need to carry a minimum of $300k liability insurance. If you work for a multi-inspector firm, do you have to continue this coverage on your own or the company will pick it up?

Most companies carry these insurances and policies that cover their employees. If you’re a 1099 contractor it may be different.

1 Like

In Oregon we governed by the contractor’s board and my liability policy covers all my employees as well. I think that’s probably pretty standard (unless you are 1099 as Patrick said).

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, I guess I will find out about it after I talk to a potential employer and their policies. There is not much info about this as Internachi encourages self employment over working for somebody else.