license and education requirements

Originally Posted By: ORVIN DOVE
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

can anyone tell me what the license and education requirements are in the city of Cincinnati, Oh…

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

I don’t believe they have any in Ohio.

Try an online search at www.findaninspector.us for HIs based in Cincinnati. Call one of them and ask them.

The bill at this link was introduced in 1999 but I don't think it ever went anywhere.

http://lsc.state.oh.us/coderev/anh123.nsf/All%20House%20Bills%20and%20Resolutions/29f2

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: Mike Parks

In Ohio just call yourself a home inspector or a certified home inspector or a professional home inspector.

All you need is a pencil and paper.

Mike P.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

You can call yourself a home inspector, a professional home inspector, or the galaxie’s best home inspector, but be careful about calling yourself a “certified” anything unless you can actually hold and touch your certificate. So says our attorney. You can say what you want about yourself but “certified” means someone or some other organization is saying something about you.

By far the most often used phrase entered into a www.google.com search by home buyers seeking home inspectors is "certified home inspectors." Consumers don't know one association from another.

We hired a girl to stand on the sidewalk in Philadelphia all day, holding a page of logos from all the associations: NACHI, ASHI, SPREI, NAHI, CREIA, etc (we removed the written out wording). We had her ask passerby's "What industry are these acronyms and logos from?" After 8 hours (minus lunch), there was not a single correct guess. I'd love to say that all home buyers seek only NACHI inspectors but it wouldn't be true. "Certified Home Inspectors" is what consumers look for, and nothing can change that.

Nick
National Association of CERTIFIED Home Inspectors