License Renewal

I know I am a little behind, but i was wondering how long it takes afet completing a course will it show on my license at FDBPR web site? I have lost count on what hours I still need to do.

At the end of a week is my experience.
Why don’t you go to the DBPR and look ?

I did and it only showes one I did 2 weeks ago. I had been sick and could not doo the CEU’s… Now I am better I am confused on what hours I have left. I did several courses this weekend. Just dont know where I am at

Email Lisa Endza at lisa@internachi.org and she can handle it all for you.

Not quite sure why everybody is so worried about getting your Florida CEU’s in. You guys with State HI licenses have until next summer to get this done. Only the registered (local) contractors need to be finished up by Aug 2013. Several years ago, only CE credits that were completed within the previous 6 months before renewal were counted towards that renewal.

There was no requirement for C.E. in the first (2011-2012) renewal period for HI. It is required for the 2012-2014 period.

This is true. During the first period, there were hardly any approved CE’s to get for HI’s. My statement above is for my CBC license which I have had since 1985. No CE’s were required at all back then. Now, any CE’s you take are cumulative even for the next period after 2014. But before, you had to take your classes within the previous 6 mths of your renewal. Consider yourselves lucky.

Not sure that is correct, more like the state wasn’t ready with the logistics to get it done. The same thing happened in 2010 when they weren’t ready for the implimentation so they put it off for a year. Wonderful thing, legislation.

So, with that being said, my Fl lic expires JUL 31, 2014, Do I need CE’s or not??

Yes. You will need all required CE’s by June 30, 2014.
I think the licenses renew on July 1- not July 31- if I am not mistaken.

Actually, further review indicates that the license expires July 31, 2014.

Thanks Steve…