Main Incoming Pipe

Can anyone tell me what type of pipe this is? It’s the main incoming water pipe into the house.
Located in Toronto, Canada if that makes a diff.
Thanks,

I’m guessing Blue Pex piping…

4 Likes

What year /how old is the home

In my service area of Minnesota, that would be PEX.
Also in Minnesota, it would be required that it be protected from damage where it passes through the concrete slab.

2023-08-17_193357

3 Likes

Looks like copper pipe wrapped in a blue sleeve. Was it metal or plastic? You need to describe the material for an answer that’s anything but a guess. The trace wire indicates it’s a plastic pipe.

3 Likes

Looks like PEX from SWFL. PEX is the new Poly :wink:

It felt like a hard plastic.

1 Like

I would identify the water service as unmarked plastic pipe.

1 Like

Thanks Martin

I concur with your potable water supply pipe material hypotheses.
PLASTIC COATED BLUE COIL

Am I mistaken or is the 1/4 turn ball valve handle orientation wrong? The way the handle is setup you will not be able to close the valve. The 2x4" is in the way.

2 Likes

Got news for ya… (perhaps except for the ritzy, big money area Willes operates in)… there is NO municipality that is gonna spend that kind of money on a public water distribution system to every home in it’s jurisdiction!!!
Private, maybe. Public, no way in hell!

IMG_3953

I live in South Carolina. You don’t have to go too far to see this.

2 Likes

Where copper pipe is GOLD!!

1 Like

This mornings inspection… best I could get…

https://engage.awwa.org/PersonifyEbusiness/Bookstore/Product-Details/productId/86488411

Agree with JJ
Some of the specs PLASTIC COATED BLUE COIL

• Market Industrial
  • Maximum Operating Temperature400 Degrees F

Copper(II) sulfate?

It’s plastic, a copper pipe wouldn’t need a [white] tracer wire. It’s typically a type of PE, but not PEX pipe. I would just identify it as plastic material in the report.