Manufactured home exterior flashing

I need some advice on the exterior of this manufactured home. The home owner replaced the original vinyl skirting with brick. When they did this they placed vinyl quarter round all along the edges between the brick and vinyl siding. What would be the correct (recommended) way to flash this area of the house?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_3850 (1)

Looks like they used undersill, but did not install a flashing.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. It’s hard to tell in the picture but it’s not even undersill they used. I was trying to figure out how they would run any type of flashing under the vinyl siding.

Is that just a curtain wall style of skirting covering the piers/foundation?

1 Like

That’s exactly what it is.

On a manufactured home the siding hangs down about 1/2- 3/4" past the wood frame of the floor system. The brick skirting buts under the bottom edge. So it is usually not flashed because it’s below the wood framing. If someone wanted to flash it they would have to remove the bottom piece of siding, install the flashing and put it back. But I’ve never seen it done in my neck of the woods.

2 Likes

Were you able to get inside to see what it looked like? got any pics from there?

Thank you sir.

I usually see the brick as you described but this wall was built about an inch above the siding. It had rained the day before and the crawl space was almost completely dry so I don’t believe it to be a defect.

Remove vynol siding bend a colored flashing.Black or a brown something not so noticeable. The bend only needs to about 3/4 " past the siding just enough to devert water about from the wall.