Marginal Drip Loop.

Would you call out the top feed as not being a required loop? It’s a close call and has not been an issue in 20 years.

P1020449.JPG

I’d definitely document it, but I don’t think I’d make a big deal out of it.

My concern is that if I need to document it then it’s a current issue.

Yeah, the part about it not causing issues could be part of you verbage.

At least it has 3 feet clearance and is under the soffit.

Just do not put it in summery of defects. (depends on your report style).

Good points guys, thanks. It’s been a while since I’ve had a borderline issue. I’m used to Scud Cruds TM [size=2]where everything is [/size]messed up. :twisted: :wink:

It sure looks close to that window. . .

Even if not quite 3 feet it is at the top section.

In the Chicago area , nobody opens the top.

LMAO Bob. I wouldn’t make a big deal out of this either, but I don’t think your attorney will like your reasoning.

You’re assuming it’s a window that opens vertically?

230.9 (A) Clearance from Windows. Service conductors installed as open conductors or multiconductor cable without an overall outer jacket shall have a clearance of not less than 900 mm (3 ft) from windows that are designed to be opened, doors, porches, balconies, ladders, stairs, fire escapes, or similar locations.

I would call the drip loop and the window. It’s two close from what I can tell in the picture regardless. Robert look at it this way even if it didn’t open at the top if a fire was blazen and it was your only way out and you had to kick the entire window out because someone in the family was a bigger feller like me and couldn’t fit through the bottom… Now the window just turned into a fire escape!

Bill