Marketing at Open Houses

Originally Posted By: Kirk Smith
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

New to the business. Ready to go out and break some eggs. I’m going to go to some open houses and talk to some agents. How does one present and sell himself to the agent. Has going to open houses worked for anyone? Is the a good approach? I know…I know…Russell Kirk has great info on marketing in the members only section. I will be a member soon!!!

Kirk Smith

Welcome Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Kirk,

I have found this to be an excellent marketing method. If the Real Estate agent is busy I will sign the book and leave my brochure and about ten business cards. (I'm very careful not to interrupt the agent for any reason). If I've caught the agent during a slow period, watch out. They will more than welcome the conversation, to pass the idle time.

Good Luck. Look forward to seeing you in the "member's only" section some time.

Originally Posted By: James D Mosier

I was thinking that marketing at open houses would be a great idea on those gray dreary winter Sundays.

Jim Mosier

Originally Posted By: mrose

Greetings,

At one time I worked with an inspector at a multi-inspector firm who was new to the business. He had a great open house system.

Said inspector would put together a goody bag for the listing agent that was showing the house. In it he would include an apple or other fruit, a bottle of water, candy mints and any thing else he could think of. Naturally he included his brochure.

This was very effective as most agents were not used to someone bringing them anything. This broke the ice nicely and got him off to a good start.

I hope you find this idea helpful and your mission is to become a successful NACHI home inspector.

--
Mike Rose
Cornerstone Home Inspection Co. LLC
Lawrenceville, GA

www.cornerstonehomeinspect.com

Originally Posted By: chorne

Hi Kirk,

It's a great idea.

I offer to Realtors to sponsor their open houses, works great,

You supply lunch and sodas and have a sign at the open house

sponsored by ACME Home Inspections

short money for the return!

Carla

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Sounds like way to much sucking up for me. Sorry but I don’t do open houses. icon_wink.gif

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Open houses is an excellent approach to getting your name out there.

As John says, if the Realtor is busy, Do not approach. Wait and walk about the house for a few minutes. If the Realtor appears to be yapping forever, leave your card and brochure and call him/her later to introduce yourself.

It definitely works.![](upload://cQGvtJ686TIFhTfzlQO9a6hJX4j.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

I have been avoiding doing these open house meet and greets…I always feel like I’m bugging (begging) when I do something like that.

However, I’m finding it difficult to get in with the realtors and know of few other ways to get one on one time with them.

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: jrooff

Quote:
However, I'm finding it difficult to get in with the realtors and know of few other ways to get one on one time with them.

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

James…

I said…

I know of few other ways…not

I know of a few other ways…

There's a difference...no secrets here! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector