Marketing Secret Weapon: Tape Measures Measure Up Big

6 Likes

This is something I do. I use a very nice $10 tape measure and a custom printed graph note pad. It works wonders and really isn’t that expensive.

1 Like

I do the same Mike along with a small flashlight.

1 Like

We give out flashlights, pens, pencils, notepads, etc…We also take pencils in to the school kids (they all have parents :grin:)…At Halloween, we put pencils and notepads along with sweet treats in the kids bags!

2 Likes

Where / when do you give the tape measures, pads and flashlights out?

I can see giving them out at the inspection for a bit of customer retention and top-of-mind advertising, but are there other good times to give them out without breaking the ad budget?

Love the idea of donating pencils to schools and at Halloween. What about small packs of crayons and colouring sheets?

All of that stuff can work, whatever you can get customized with your business logo, phone number, etc…I’ve given them to clients and/or realtors that are present at inspections, I’ve left some sitting on the counter, for the sellers. You give a client a pen and notepad, or tape measure as Michael mentioned, and they’ll most times go off and do their own thing, while you inspect. If you’re at the realty office, a few pens on the desk seems to hang around longer than business cards! The pens we give out are stylus as well, and of a decent quality. Keychain LED flashlights as well. Check out https://www.perfectpen.ca/ , they have a lot of decent priced items :grin:

Great ideas, guys! Whatever works for you is what to do. :smile:

2 Likes

I just tell them I know Larry Kage! Boom, business jumps! Haha!

3 Likes

I have been giving clients tape measures with logo imprinted and not pads with logo and company info for over year now. Has worked out good!!!
We give these to the client at the end of the inspection with the Now That You Have Had An Inspection book and other pertinent information.

1 Like

Give them all of that at the beginning of the inspection and they will scamper off to do their own thing while you do yours. Works like 80% of the time.

1 Like

That’s about the % that I got, too, Michael! Great note to share!

Giving them at the beginning of the inspection is best. :smile:

1 Like

Great post as usual, Larry! :grin:

1 Like

Measuring tape is a great idea, thanks. Im going to buy some from Harbor Freight. I use a customized Home Maintenance Manual that I email both my customers and realtors. It doesn’t cost me anything and it gives me a reason to reach out again to my contacts. I also post it on my website.Check it out if you’re interested: https://inspectaproperty.com/custom-manual

1 Like

Looks good, Tony! :smile: