Membership renewal

Originally Posted By: Richard Stanley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Texas requires continuing education prior to license renewal. Would that suffice for NACHI renewal requirements or would it be different and separate? Note: ASHI does not recognize Texas continuing education, which is only 1 of the reasons I am not an ASHI member. Texas does, however, recognize ASHI sponsored continuing education when it is submitted for approval to the Texas Real Estate Commission education committee. Reason for question; I am required by law to meet the Texas continuing education requirements and have to make the time and money expense to do it. The time commitment is more of a concern than the $$. So, before I join any organization, I want to know current and future time and money expectations and/or requirements.

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Richard, whilst I have not yet looked at the Texas requirements for continuing education, I would be very supprised if we were not to find it acceptable for our own ongoing educational requirements, we have a fairly liberal attitude to education, and who am I to argue with the State of Texas icon_lol.gif If you like either post an link here to The Texas education requirements or Private message me and we will discuss it in the education committee which I serve on, and I’ll get back to you ASAP.

Regards

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi again Richard, I found the education link on our own legislative site. I cannot see any reason why we would not accept any of the Texas contiuning education credits, in fact your States requirement is actually higher than our minimum at both levels of licensure. Please take it as OK with us.

I do not nderstand why ASHI will not accept it, other than the fact that they aren't making any money out of it, which does in fact seem to be their main reason to do anything.

Regards

Education Committee

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Gary, Thanks for the positive response. I suspect that I will be joining soon. I also suspect that you are correct about ASHI. By the way, I am originally from White River Jct., Vermont- just a little north of you - long time ago.

Originally Posted By: chorne

Hi Richard,

I am from the lakes region in NH, I visit White
River area a couple times a year.
Welcome! I think that you will really like
NACHI. I sure do, they do alot for us
and are helpful with anything that you need
help with. (we also have our own in house
comedians!) lot's of fun.
Carla
Grand View Home Inspections

Thanks Carla. No humor = no life… The lakes region - is that the Sunapee area or Laconia?

Originally Posted By: chorne

Hi Richard,

Laconia, actually Meredith.

Thanks for the reply

Carla