Moderated board poll

William,
I’d like to think that we as adults could control not so much what we say but, how we say it. Your idea has merit but is it the start to full censorship of the BB’s. Don’t know.
From posts on other threads, members that I had a great deal of respect for at one time don’t have that from me any longer. It saddens me to see the dribble that comes from them and of course from the disgruntled non-members as well. It seems like a virus that not only takes over the initial nature of the thread and puts it into a pi$$ing match between a few but also goes to other threads and infects them with the same garbage.
Do I have the answer? No. Don’t know if I ever will. But, I do know that it cleans up I will not refer the iNACHI BB for information to my clients or interested new people. Would anyone here want to join an association that goes on like this board has in the past few months?
Vern, I couldn’t in fairness pick just one to vote on but you definetly have discussion happening as a result of this thread.

Allan

My vote is for the board to stay as is, with one exception. If a non-member or banned ex-member start with the BS the ESOP (collectively) should have the ability to delete/ban at will. :cool: IMO This is the only logical solution! :wink:

Freedom is for eveyone until they abuse someone.
We have rules in place already that should be enforced.

Those who hack into the forum to cause confusion only,
after they have been banned, should be given the bozo
AWARD to show who they really are.

Put this face on every one of their post and attach the text…

“THIS PERSON IS A SPAM BOZO AND NOT A MEMBER”

OR

http://www.satanspace.com/m_pictures/Bozo__the_clown_by_betocampos.jpg

It always starts this way.
We will just add a small toll till the road is paid for.
Maybe we could have just one rule.
OK maybe just two more
Ah adding a third will not hurt.
Hey soap opera sells!
As the NACHI turns is a hit, and you guys wanna jump the Shark.

Just so I’m understanding this, Mario…BS is okay as long as it’s from a member?

Bill Mullen

They will not be members for long if they break the rules.
If they are still members they have rights that protect them.
Non members cannot demand rights.
Especially those who have been banned.

If the boards stays the same and NOTHING is done when posters go Awire or postal and really become a detriment to the boards as a whole it truley reflects against every member of this association, this was the reason for the ability to cool down and or difuse such situations with out booting someone out, just preventing any more posible damage.
As for sending my clients to the board for reference and information I completly agree, for the moment I would Not send anyone here to see what a INACHI association is about and how we all worked for the commen goal of betterment for the industry. But as of late it has been greatly in dismay and embarassment, and should have been stopped a heck of alot sooner then later, but thats not what happened. so let’s move forward in a positive manner and put this BS behind us.

Agreed!

***ENFORCE ***the rules already in place…or… shut down the “Canadian Board” and go back to the “Members only” style!

Think about it … we do not have a “Texas Only, California only, Arkansas Only” board!

AGREED!

Well written and to the point!

NO!
The message board rules should be enforced for ALL members and non members alike!

Bill,

NACHI members don’t post BS :shock:

Canada Only in the members only section would be okay as there are some areas of discussion that would really only be of interest to Canadians and to the codes of the land, etc.
However, I think the Canadian Inspectors BB has been an embarassment for not just Canadian Inspectors but to NACHI.
To delete it would be wrong, again for the same reason for the Canadian Members BB(codes,etc) as new potential members would need assistance, but, definetly enforced to deter the garbage mouthed individuals from ranting on and on about nothing or calling down other NACHI members in good standing for the most part.

I think Canada section is good for the association.
Different problems, which need a Canadian view.

It’s funny how some members are now posting against the offensive posts! When the $hit was hitting the fan not one of you that posted on this thread with the exception of a few loyal American/ Canadian members voiced an opinion on the issues. Now…everyone is coming out of the woodwork to post an opinion. Post away gentlemen, the poll here is meaningless. I know that Nick asked Vern to start this poll, but even Nick knows that removing the open Canadian forum will have zero affect on non-members ability to post. They will pollute other forums and will reduce this MB to the lowest form of communication in the inspection industry.
Having said that, and to properly address Bill Mullen’s question, we do have some members that are not “Happy” NACHI members. Namely Mr. Roy Cooke, he has resigned from NACHI in support of his buddy Raymond Wand and has since changed his mind (in two short weeks) and has rejoined. He has been allowed to criticize all NACHI ESOP members constantly with his Bull$hit accusations and rants allways trying to elicit a negative response that would help fuel further attacks, the man clearly doesn’t know when to stop! I have a feeling that he and Raymond Wand are milking Ray’s dismissal for all it’s worth, Roy from the inside and Ray as an outsider…at the expense of NACHI and this MB I might add, and there lies the real issue gentlemen.

BTW Roy claims to have the members support for his attacks and accusations of the ethics committee, can all his supporters please give me RED squares, no names are necessary just a red square will do. I’m really curious how many members support his daily accusations of the ethics committee for Ray’s expulsion from NACHI.

Mario,
All due respect. Why would members get involved and dragged into the rantings and ravings of 2 disgruntled individuals? It seems to me that ESOP members also had a say in the goings on as well.
This thread has given many the opportunity to express themselves in a fashion that has not been seen in this BB for a while. With sanity and purpose to put a stop to the ludicracy that has been prevelent in the past.
Vern posted the poll. And while its felt that not one particular question would be the end all to save all, sane discusson has taken place to control this from happening again.
I’m sure Nick is reading this BB as are members of the ESOP. Some type of resolution will come about as a result because many of us have faith in the system. Hopefully, it will happen sooner then later.
I know that myself, I have mentioned that I would not refer clients and new inspectors to this BB on not only this thread but on other threads as well including the members only section. A good example of how well a thread works take a look back at the NCA forum that recieved great information because we worked together and ignored the garbage.
Please don’t get me wrong, I feel your frustration and believe me when I say that you had great restraint to some of the things that were said. You must admit, some others did not. Again frustrated.
I will say that I was embarassed by the goings on in the Canadian Inspectors forum and that I also stand proudly as a Canadian Inspector behind iNACHI and its committees to govern the system properly. We need enforcement. the sooner the better.

Allan

One of your fellow Canadians, Brian MacNeish, publishes disparaging and distorted spins with the intention of casting this association in a bad light…then…with the intention to do harm to NACHI but save the world, states that he refers other professionals (and real estate salesmen) to visit the threads.

Add these activities to those of your icons for mental midgets of the world, the Roy and Ray sisters, and tell me how you would moderate them?

James I think you should be moderated. Didn’t take long for you to throw my name into the mix! Why is it you continually flaunt the rules while subjecting everyone else to a different set of rules you deem to your liking?

See what I mean? Should non-members who are banned from the message board be participating in this discussion? Tell us how they would be moderated.

Would you delete all posts from banned ex-members, or only those you disagreed with?

Here you have your banned ex-member who feels he has a right to break the law by hacking into our message board whenever his name is sullied, in his opinion. This is the same a-hole who, for weeks, has intentionally published lies about ESOP Committee members (myself included) and other members with the intent to harm their public reputations.

Examples, if you really need any, is the false claims that a NACHI member was “a convicted stalker” and that another was writing in from his cell in a Florida prison. He has accused other members of engaging in sexual activity with their family pets as well as other disgusting things I won’t bother to mention but that one can easily research on his own if his memory is really that short.

Now, for me to share my opinion that people like these two slimeballs are slimeballs might offend you. I can’t even pretend to care if it does or not…but if I did, I would still not apologize to anyone who was not equally offended and equally vocal about the attacks that we had to endure from these slugs.

Let me take an afternoon and replace my name, Joe’s name, or Frank’s name…with yours. Let you be Googled and have a quote from this $hitstain a-hole telling the world that you…Vern Mitchison, Allen Berdhall, Steven Butts…are a convicted felon or engage in sex with dogs. Let your wife’s friends at work read some of the things these jerks publish about us…but let it reflect on you.

Then, respond with the kindest words you know.

Think you can?

I think all posts should be removed from the ESOP committee. You folks have continually displayed your ignorance. As ESOP committee members you should refrain from rendering any opinions on any matter that relates to ethics, less you be seen in the light you are projecting which is your inability to remain objective. I have a good laugh everytime someone from the ESOP posts because they show just how bias and subjective they are. Even Joe F. has more scruples than you and Mario!