Moisture meters

Originally Posted By: jhorton
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Wanted to solicit input from users of moisture meters. I want to add one to my tool belt. One I have been looking at is a Delmhorst J-Lite. Would like to hear from users of this one.

I think, not having used one, I would like something small that would fit on my belt, in my pocket or in my carpenters tool bag/belt. I would like to be able to take it in the crawl space without having to carry it in my hand.

Thanks!

--
Jeff <*\\><
The man who tells the truth doesn't have to remember what he said.

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Jeff

that is the same model that I have and it works just fine, it does not have some of the bells and whistles of the rest of their range but its simple reliable and also I’ve dropped it several times and it still works well. hen I can justify the expence I was the protimeter SM but for now the J-lite is great.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: jschmidt

hey Gerry ,

what does it cost , where do i get one and how do i learn to use it ? Is it useful for testing stucco ? Is it true that i need to get certified to use one for testing stucco or in any other application ?

James Schmidt

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

James,

If you're licensed in Texas, you can inspect anything that you have balls enough to accept money for. To me that means acheiving a level of competency that I would accept myself if I were the client and the roles were reversed.

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: jschmidt

Hey John

This is what I love about Texas .

As the song goes :

I saw miles and miles of Texas

and all the stars up in the sky

I saw miles and miles of Texas,

gonna live here till I die.

For who ever is interested , theres a dandy little moisture meter available at Grainger's a popular store in this area , name of Sonico . Its the most inexpensive there is , very simple to use . Just found out about it today .

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

You mean there is actually something inexpensive at Grainger?

Holy smokes!

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: rlind

I can’t resist jumping in on this thread.

I recently took an early buyout from Grainger after 23.5 years of service.
In that time, I worked in almost every capacity - from the sales counter at a local branch, telephone sales, Inventory, Sales, and Product Technical Support.

You are right - Grainger is NOT known for its low prices. What it is known for is having the products the customers need when and where the customer needs them.

Grainger is also known for a very liberal returns policy. If you are not happy with the product you purchased, you most likely could get a full refund.

Even with the employee discount I received on anything in that huge red catalog, the price most likely would only match that of Home Depot or Lowe's. I still bought from Grainger because it was more convenient for me to do so. Where else could you buy a condenser fan motor, a circulating pump for a boiler, an electrical service panel, etc., for a home, and a 7.5 horsepower 3-phase motor, a 200,000 BTU suspended gas heater and a 200 gallon commercial grade water heater for your business -all with one phone call or web visit?
And I think it is the main reason most of Grainger's customers buy there.

My years of working with all of those products Grainger carries and the privilege of working with contractor customers and product vendors also gave me the knowledge base I needed to make the leap to becoming a licensed Home Inspector.

And I am giving this endorsement even though I do not work for Grainger any more.

Just my humble opinion....

Ron Lind
Solid Foundation Home Inspections, LLC

Originally Posted By: Robert Alexander

Hi Jeff,

I have been using the Protimeter Surveymaster and LOVE it! Recommended by many HI's I talked to. I like the compact size and it has both radio frequency and probes to test.