Mold Inspections

Houston area inspectors: When it comes to mold testing do you have to have a state licensed to do so? or is the certification classes through interNACHI enough to fulfil those requirements?

Does anyone recommend the equipment needed to start doing these visual inspections along with air sampling and swab sampling?


You must be a licensed Mold Assessment Technician or Mold Assessment Consultant to test for mold for a fee. Check the TDSHS WEB site to see if there have been any exceptions because of the recent massive storm damage. TDSHS licenses those participating under the State mold laws.