NACHI Bashing!

Originally Posted By: kbliss
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Recently I went to a seminar on mold testing that was during the NAHI convention in Clearwater, Fl… I said something to the effect to a NAHI member that I heard there was some conflic between NAHI and ASHI and he said no, that they both want to set up some guidlines to certify inspectors. Then he said it`s because of some fly by night outfits like NACHI, where you can take a fifteen minute exam and you are a certified inspector. Then I went on about NACHI and the organization and to make a long story short it is all about ignorance and how they think they are better than anyone because they belong to NAHI or ASHI. Anyway I am glad to be a new HI and I am doing well for only being in business for a couple of months, because of NACHI and and my prior experience and education I am able to better myself.

Kurt Bliss

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Kurt,

There truly is not end to their ignorance, is there!

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: kbliss

Joe,

You know ive seen it a hundred times, its like that click in high school who always thought they were the best. If they say something negative about NACHI then they must be jealous or intimidated.

I don`t claim to be a know it all about HI and never will because I`m always learning and I appreciate NACHI for giving me a chance to start a new career!

Kurt Bliss

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Kurt,

With an attitude like that you are going to be a great inspector. Not many people pick up on the fact that every day is a learning experience, even for the brightest in the crowd.

The best part of listening to the other association members is that our inspectors are turning out to be great, they are just turning out smart.

When you learn what I meant by that, you have achieved that status of "great" that I am sure you are destined to become.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: gbell

Hi Kurt,

Sounds like you had a good time. Did you make it to any other presentations?

How did you like the class?

Glad to hear things are going well.

Good Luck

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY