NACHI being bashed on other boards.

Originally Posted By: mrichardson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

jmyers wrote:

Elected representation for instance. If we would have elected representation, we would also probably have branding just like them.

You have to excuse them but since they have elected representation, they also have someone else doing their thinking for them. They also have someone else telling them what they are going to be doing, and how much they are going to pay for it.

I'd ask how elected representation, in contrast to appointed representation, leads to branding and having someone else doing their thinking for them, but I don't want to encourage anymore forays into specious reasoning, thank you.

I will ask, what are we to do now that NACHI is going to have elected representation?

![icon_razz.gif](upload://rytL63tLPMQHkufGmMVcuHnsuWJ.gif) ![icon_razz.gif](upload://rytL63tLPMQHkufGmMVcuHnsuWJ.gif) ![icon_razz.gif](upload://rytL63tLPMQHkufGmMVcuHnsuWJ.gif)

Mike

Originally Posted By: pdacey

jmyers wrote:
Elected representation for instance. If we would have elected representation, we would also probably have branding just like them.

The overall thinking here at NACHI should be based in "What's the best for NACHI". We need to stop the mind set of doing everything as the "anti-ASHI". Decisions for elections, marketing, education, etc.... should be solely based on "Is it to the benefit of NACHI and it's members as a whole". Not whether or not another association is doing it the same way.

Just my thoughts.

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: jbushart

I agree with Patrick.

The issue seems to center, from those who oppose NACHI, on its differences from the other organizations and the inferences that the existence of these differences are, itself, a bad thing. It's not so much NACHI fighting not to be like ASHI, but other home inspectors proclaiming that our differences make us, as NACHI members, inferior home inspectors.

It's silly and means little. The pettiness seems to come from only about eight folks on the IN board, and a small handful here, who seem to have a real hangup on this.

When Ed Porter (the member who started this thread) asked the question on the IN board "Where are all of these thousands of NACHI supporters and how come they are not coming to NACHI's defense" ... roughly quoted...I suggested that he ask that question on the NACHI board and he could probably get a real answer, which he did.

Russell Ray suggests that the thousands did not come to NACHI's defense because the majority agree with the criticisms, to varying degrees. This is, of course, nonsense.

His campaigning for NACHI leadership is becoming less subliminal and more overt - but the problem is that all he wants to lead are the malcontents. Since there are not too many of them here, I believe he tries to create them with manipulative polls and pointless searches for fault.

Although they (the malcontents) need a voice, too, they are not a majority...unless you hang out on the Inspection News board.

I suggest, if you have the time, read through some of their threads if you haven't already, to get a real feel for the paranoia and venomous hatred being spewed forth against those of us who are prospering without their wisdom and guidance. It's a real kick.

If you post, be careful to watch your spelling, or one of the Tibetan Gurus will lecture you. If you tell them you are a NACHI member, you will be criticized for (as Rob Thomas puts it) "supporting" the demise of the entire home inspection industry.

Other than just knowing that these angry sentiments exist among a small number of irrelevant and insignificant home inspectors, I really feel that the entire debate is of no value to either side.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Personally, I don’t much care what the other organizations do or what our critics say. Although I personally feel we are in some competition for members with the other organizations, the best way for us to continue to build members, and to hold members is to promote the industry, and NACHI inspectors.

We will never get where we want to be by being deceitful, hateful, or spiteful toward the other HI orgs/assocs. We must concentrate on our own actions. Continue down this path and the success of NACHI will continue to follow.