NACHI Chapter Listings

Originally Posted By: jbowman
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

No interest from anyone to keep updated. So deleted.

Originally Posted By: Kenneth Sitzes

Hi,

I would like to know if there is really a chapter,

Southern Illinois Chapter - President: Tom Hodgkinson

Telephone: Unknown email: Unknown

Last meeting: None listed in 2004

it it was listed in Sept. but nothing since then?

Also there is no ,
St. Louis) Gateway Chapter - President: Joe Schwartz
Web Site: www.gototrek.org/nachi_gateway_chapter.htm
Last meeting: None listed for 2004
The list e-mail I got from them said that the chapter had closed for NACHI an this group could not come together on the way it was to run.

Please let me know if it is not true & want is going on with the Southern Illinois chapter. If there is not one I'm interested in seeing want it take to get one going.

Originally Posted By: ekartal

I agree with Ken that if members want to start chapters they must hold regular meetings. Starting a chapter for the sole purpose of a getting a credential should not be allowed. Supposedly there are 2 Illinois chapters - but no meetings. Not even a post by the chapter leaders.

Erol

Originally Posted By: jsmith10

Hello John & everyone,

I wanted to say thanks for listing the chapters as I have been curious myself.

And.........

I was wondering if a listing of chapters could be added as a page to the "Contact NACHI" link on the main menu.

I believe this would help folks (members, realtors, potential clients etc.) identify if there is a chapter near them and if so who to contact.

Being a single page I belive it would be fairly easy to maintain as chapters are formed or disbanded.

It's a thought. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Joe,
Vice-President, Idaho Chapter,
www.NachiIdaho.org

Inspected as though my family are to live or work there.

http://www.Treasurevalleyinspections.com

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Kenneth Sitzes wrote:
Please let me know if it is not true & want is going on with the Southern Illinois chapter. If there is not one I'm interested in seeing want it take to get one going.

Kenneth,

Contact Dave Bush, membership@nachi.org, about your interest in revitalizing a chapter in the Southern Illinois area. Good for you - Go for it.

Ken, you are a member of NACHI aren't you?

ekartal wrote:
I agree with Ken that if members want to start chapters they must hold regular meetings. Starting a chapter for the sole purpose of a getting a credential should not be allowed. Supposedly there are 2 Illinois chapters - but no meetings. Not even a post by the chapter leaders.

Erol

Erol,

Excellent points,

Maybe you should consider joining forces with Ken and get a chapter operational. (I have Ken's email address if you want to contact him). It does take some extra time and energy to run a Chapter. Nobody says that one must go it alone to operate a chapter. In my area there are two of us who basically operate the chapter. Makes life a lot easier. Please call or email me, I'm willing to help anyone get a chapter started and operational. These chapter meetings should be the bread and butter of the NACHI organization.

jsmith10 wrote:
Hello John & everyone,

I wanted to say thanks for listing the chapters as I have been curious myself.

And.........

I was wondering if a listing of chapters could be added as a page to the "Contact NACHI" link on the main menu.

I believe this would help folks (members, realtors, potential clients etc.) identify if there is a chapter near them and if so who to contact.

Being a single page I belive it would be fairly easy to maintain as chapters are formed or disbanded.

It's a thought. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

Joe,

Good points. You should submit an email to the Steering Committe with your suggestions. When submitting your suggestions, expand on your thoughts and ideas listing all the potential benefits, etc. If you need an email address of one of the Steering Committee members, email me at john@nachifoundation.org and I'll send you one. Maybe that will be my next little project. Assembling a email listing of all the major players of NACHI so that you don't have to search all over for them.

Originally Posted By: dcampbell

How often should the meetings be held. Its very difficult to get it set up to have one every month.

dcampbell wrote:
How often should the meetings be held. Its very difficult to get it set up to have one every month.

Good question Dave,

As President of a Chapter you must weigh several factors. Probably the two most important are number of participants and meeting place. For instance, here in Elmira, N.Y. we are a small chapter. We range from 7 to 10 people at our meetings. Given this fact and the distance some travel we decided on quarterly meetings. Currently we hold our meetings in my garage or anywhere else for that matter that is free. 7 - 10 members does not warrant renting a conference room for every meeting.

In November we will be holding a 1-day training seminar with Joe Tedesco. In this instance we have reserved a local hotel conference room, hopefully with several inspectors from within and outside of our area attending.

In conclusion, there are not set rules for meetings. Each Chapter is a separate entity from NACHI and make up their own meeting schedules, board members, etc. Organization is the key to a successful chapter. Call or email successful chapters and pick their brains for ideas and suggestions. I'm available to assist you in any way possible. Simply email me at john@nachifoundation.org. Good Luck.

Thanks,

Hi,

jsmith10 wondering if a listing of chapters could be added as a page to the “Contact NACHI” link on the main menu. [/quote]

I think if you are going to post the chapter you such make sure that they are really a chapter for John Bowman has post 2 that are not chapter they should be removed this would make the Assoc. look bad if someone try to fine them an it a false lead. It a great ideal to post the chapter but someone should double check to make it a real list. Just my opinion

Kenneth Sitzes wrote:
Hi,
jsmith10 wondering if a listing of chapters could be added as a page to the "Contact NACHI" link on the main menu.

Kenneth Sitzes wrote:
I think if you are going to post the chapter you such make sure that they are really a chapter for John Bowman has post 2 that are not chapter they should be removed this would make the Assoc. look bad if someone try to fine them an it a false lead. It a great ideal to post the chapter but someone should double check to make it a real list. Just my opinion

Kenneth,

That's what I'm attempting to do. I searched the entire NACHI Website and came up with all of these. Now it it time to determine wheter or not they are in existence. Maybe just possibly someone will take an interest in their area and replace those that are either defunct or non-opeational. If it is determined that the Chapter is "belly-up", I will remove it from the list. This is a project that needs the commitment of all of us to do the research, etc.

Please check with the Chapters located in your area and help make the determination as to whether that chapter is operational or not. If it is not operational and your interested, contact Dave Bush at membership@nachi.org and see what you can do.

Additionally, it's very important that we don't "step on anybody's toes". Maybe the listed Chapter President just needs help or guidance. Let's not assume that a Chapter no longer exists just because of lack of meetings. The intentions and aspirations may still be there.

Hi,

I think that you should have not post this until you have determine wether or not they are in existence . Just because they area list on the NACHI web page does not mean that the are existence. I belive to keep the Assoc. a great one this post should be remove until they are proven to be in existence. I was told by

St. Louis) Gateway Chapter - President: Joe Schwartz
Web Site: www.gototrek.org/nachi_gateway_chapter.htm
I tried this web page it will not come up. ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

that they was not continuing for NACHI an this compy. could not come to term on how it should be ran this is want they e-mail me a couple of month back. Once again Just my opinion.

Originally Posted By: psabados

Good list John

Now if we can get some more updates, maybe we can keep this active and get Chris to install a link somewhere for easy access for all. Sure would make it a lot easier for everyone. I'm really surprised that no one from the St. Louis area has stepped in and moved up.

Paul

Hi,

Will the So. Ill chapter has not gone an where the person said he real has not had the time. I think that NACHI should have some requirement for the chapter before some says he want to open a chapter an it go no where.

I also wish that the Member listing was to the state that the Member live it would be easier to see how many were in each state. It would make it easier to try to set up chapter, & easier to contact people to see if they would be interested.
Once again Just my opinion.

Kenneth,

I did some research for you. Other organizational meetings in the Missouri/Illinois area for you to check out are:

Great Lakes ASHI Chapter - Contact: Ray Hogan, Telephone: 618-833-5807
Northern Illinois ASHI Chapter - Contact: Ed Massart, Telephone: 630-514-9207
Central Illinois ASHI Chapter - Contact: David G. Miller, Telephone: 217-473-0462, email: dgmiller50@mchsi.com
St. Louis Chapter of ASHI - Contact: Chris Harrawood, Telephone: 636-677-4773 (Meet on the Second Tuesday of each month).
NAHI - Illinois Chapter - Contact: Hy Naiditch, Telephone: 847-673-9200.

I do hope that this helps you in your search for a local association chapter. I'm sorry that NACHI did not have what you are looking for. Please stay tuned, new chapters are forming.

New changes posted, 30 October 20004.

New York, New Jersey, Atlanta, Long Island.

Hi, jbowman

Has far the research you did I already know if the other Chapter. Thank you any ways. Our post here is about NACHI Chapter you all claim you have but there is NO SO. ILL. Chapter which you still have list. I'm just trying to help get the listing right.

Has far as the other Assoc. the only one in my area is ASHI in the St.Louis Mo. area which after meeting one of the main men of that Assoc. at the InspectFest Convention I was not impressed at all.

I once again back to your post I was trying to let you know that
Telephone: (618) 277-8028 email: tom@jthinspections.com
Last edited: (20 Oct 2004).
real is not a Chapter but seam you really are not interested in trying to get your post right. Your more interested in trying to fine other Assoc. for people to join instated of trying to help out NACHI Assoc. Just my opinion.

Kenneth Sitzes wrote:
I once again back to your post I was trying to let you know that
Telephone: (618) 277-8028 email: tom@jthinspections.com
Last edited: (20 Oct 2004).
real is not a Chapter but seam you really are not interested in trying to get your post right. Your more interested in trying to fine other Assoc. for people to join instated of trying to help out NACHI Assoc. Just my opinion.

Kenneth,

Sorry, you took everything the wrong way. Trying to find you another Association was not my main objective. I was only interested in fulfilling your desires to further educate yourself.

At present NACHI's S. Illinois Chapter is inactive, but it is not dead. I have left Mr. Hodgkinson's name listed on there principally for other NACHI inspectors to contact him and possibly discuss making this Chapter active. Hopefully in the very near future some NACHI member will step forward and fill Mr. Hodgkinson's position. Until I hear official word from Dave Bush, (NACHI's Development Director), or NACHI's Executive Director, or NACHI's President about the disolvement of this Chapter, you will not see a change. I do not have the power to dissolve a Chapter. Your findings have been referred to the appropriate parties. Thanks again for your observations and comments.

Originally Posted By: cmccann

never mind…deleted.

NACHI MAB!