NACHI running newspaper ads in major cities: Chicago Tribune

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

This one promoting NACHI members is running in the Chicago Tribune:

http://www.nachi.org/chicagotribunead2005.htm

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Glad to see it. Looks great. I would have thought you would promote

www.inspectorseek.com instead of (or in additon to) www.nachi.org

Have any plans to hit the Lexington, KY Herald Leader.

www.kentucky.com for details

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Great job, Nick.

One ad in USA Today would cover all states.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: jwortham

Actually, the great job would go to Mark Pierotti, Mark Sylvester, Hans Ziegenbein and Jeff Merritt of the NACHI Chicago Board of Review.

They were the ones tasked with getting it done.

Job well done guys.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Nice work gentlemen.

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

What was the cost of the advertisement and what determination was made with regard to placement within the paper?

Thanks.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Here, every NACHI member gets a free ad: http://www.nachi.org/natgraph.htm

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: aleleika

gromicko wrote:

At the August 18th Chicago NACHI chapter meeting this Tribune ad was discussed as well as the Peoples energy discounted CE classes. It was discussed that the Peoples energy class would be paid for by the Chicago Chapter, but we (as members present) took a vote and decided that we could pay the ridiculously low price for the class and the chapter should use the money to run this ad in the Chicago Tribune to promote NACHI. We thought that this would benefit all of us and money well spent.

So last week I received an email notification that the ad would be running in this past Sundays Tribune in the Real Estate Section. I live in a western subburb of Chicago. I get the paper every Sunday and it was not in my Chicago Tribune. I emailed Mr. Myers and copied Mr. Decker on my email (since they were the ones that sent us notification on this) asking why I couldn't find it? I'm still waiting for a reply. Come to find out, (supposedly) The ad only ran in the city edition and there are actually 6 seperate editions for the real estate section of the total Chicagoland area.

This was not explained to us very well that it was only going to cover some inspectors area and not all Chicago chapter members areas.

So my question is...Is it going to run in the other 5 editions for the Chicago Area?

I am happy that it ran, but feel missled at this point, as I was under the impression that the whole Chicago area would see it, thus benefiting all Chicago Chapter members.

If there is a plan to run in other editions throughout the area, then let us know. If not then please tell us this upfront.

--
A. Dan Leleika
www.a-teamhomeinspections.com

Originally Posted By: cradan

We receive a copy of the Trib’s Southwest edition, chucked-onto our lawn every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, and also could not find the ad. I was scratching my head, trying to figure out why the ad wasn’t in the R.E. section. Now we know.

Chris

http://www.inspect4me.com

Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

It is my understanding that the Tribune goofed, ran the ad in the business section instead of the real estate section, called Aimee to tell her they goofed, and made ammends by running it an additional week (5 weeks in all) in the forthcoming issues. I could be wrong though as this info only came from my 1/2 conscious evesdropping icon_lol.gif .

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: kwilliams

gromicko wrote:

hope it was proof read, as trierr are sooome eareas in it
like www.NAC i.org ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Member - MAB

http://www.nachi.org/convention2006.htm

gromicko wrote:
It is my understanding that the Tribune goofed, ran the ad in the business section instead of the real estate section, called Aimee to tell her they goofed, and made ammends by running it an additional week (5 weeks in all) in the forthcoming issues. I could be wrong though as this info only came from my 1/2 conscious evesdropping ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) .

Thank You nick for the Info. At least 1/2 conscious info is better than none. Thanks again.

--
A. Dan Leleika

Originally Posted By: rmyers1

These ads will run as funds become available.

Additionally, we are also reviewing advertising in other media, such as CBS. which includes several local radio talk shows.

Where do these funds come from ? Continuing Education. and other activities sponsored by the local NACHI Chapter.

Continuing Education? Yes.

When NACHI Educational Courses are submitted and approved by the State of Illinois, these Courses will and are being offered to NACHI Members free, however, non NACHI applicants will and are required to pay a small fee.

That fee is then split between NACHI and the local NACHI Chapter.

The NACHI split is a promotional incentive to encourage new membership, ie; Johnny Jones is not a Member of NACHI, he wants to attend a NACHI Educational class, pays $100.00 for the Course. $50.00 of his fee is returned to NACHI and is applicable towards his membership fee with NACHI, the other $50.00 is retained by the local Chapter to provide advertising funds for the Members.

NACHI will soon have upwards of ( 14 ) State of Illinois approved continuing educational courses from which to draw funds from.

We ( I ) apologize to any and all who did not completely understand this subject.

As President of the NACHI Chicago Chapter, and NACHI, State of Illinois Educational Administrator, all disputes or misunderstandings stop at my desk. So again, please accept my most sincere apology if there were any misunderstands regarding this matter.

Note should also be taken, this Chapter will avoid responding to any ( posted ) issue before all the facts are clear, therefore the delay in response.

All members are encouraged to contact this office directly with any issues which they may have, as pertaining to Chapter business.

rmyers1 wrote:

...All members are encouraged to contact this office directly with any issues which they may have, as pertaining to Chapter business.

I Tried.... and had no response, I was wanting info...sorry if my inquiry caused any heartache...I just appreciate the clarification. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Thanks again.

--
A. Dan Leleika

Originally Posted By: pbolliger

Thanks Russ,

I was wondering how the NACHI tribune ad ended up in the business section.

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Nick,

Do you plan to run anything about NAHI in the obituary? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: rmyers1

According to the information I have, the Chicago Tribune, changed our Account Manager. The new Manager was responsible for the mix up.

His apology has been accepted.

Jim… icon_lol.gif

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.