NACHI's future/Steering Committee/Nick/where we are going.

Originally Posted By: dplummer
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

As another Canuck I’m proud to be a NACHI member! Nick, you have provided a valuable association for all of us to benefit from. It’s a shame that some can’t see the forest for the trees. All the best! Doug

Originally Posted By: bbernier

In British Columbia we view NACHI quite differently than our members to the south. You use the analogy of NACHI being the lead ship in the vast ocean of inspection associations. We Canadians see things a little differently…

To us, NACHI is nothing less than the lighthouse perched high on a rocky ledge. Beaming its guiding light to steer the the helpless vessels away from the jagged rocks below. In a storm of despair and low visibility, NACHI shines brightly as a beacon of hope and integrity. CAHPI and BCIPI are forever lost at sea....unfortunately they cannot see the light through the darkness......

You are an inspiration Nick and should be commended for your incredible dedication to build the world's best and largest home inspection association in the world. We at Western B.C. NACHI raise our glasses and salute......

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Wow…

Really nice post, and a definite bright spot for my friend Nick, who takes his share of lumps from others in this industry.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: rcooke

Up here In Canada Nick is a BIG breath of fresh air . We have had very poor success with the organizations not listening to their members . when questions are asked seldom do we receive an answer. when A question is asked to NACHI an answer come’s back very fast. Thanks for coming along when we really needed you and look forward to a long association with NACHI. Thanks Roy Cooke sr .

Registered Owner of CAHPI ON

Registered Owner of CAHPI ONT

Originally Posted By: yolhovsky

Thank you NACHI for taking care of Canadian Home Inspectors. Proud to belong to the Association led by such a great captain. Thank you Nick for your hard work. Long live NACHI!

Originally Posted By: gstrachan

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

that my years in the army have ingrained in me. Meet the new “soft & fuzzy” Nick icon_lol.gif I’ve thrown out my military strategy manuals and started reading early childhood books. My new tag line is "The wheels on NACHI’s bus go round and round, round and round, round and round http://www.nachi.org/whats_new.htm

Seriously though, I know I get bashed a lot (I'll concede that some of it is even warranted). However, the posts that I've read above, here on this thread, make everything worthwhile to me. I cherish them.

Thank you all so much. I'll try to earn your support.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: cnordby

Thank you Nick!

Nachi is a great organization!

--
SafeHOME
Seattle, WA.
www.signsbycheryl.freeservers.com

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

NACHI is a good org. It’s not perfect, but then again, what is?

I had a veteran inspector come up to me at last light's NYNACHI-Hudson Valley meeting and talk to me about NACHI.

He is a really good guy, and an asset to the org, IMO. He's also a long-time member of another well known HI org. In fact, he belongs to several HI orgs, beside NACHI.

He feels that NACHI is a breath of fresh air. Our meetings are light, fun, and informative. He contributes and is a wealth of knowledge.

Having him in our ranks is a win-win for NYNACHI inspectors. He is respectful to NACHI, and sees much of the same opportunity for growth and improvement that many of us also see. With all its bumps and lumps, NACHI is still a pretty good place.

It says a lot coming from a person of his experience, demeaner, and credentials. He's not trying to re-invent NACHI, either.

So, this is a very good thing. I'm sure that the majority of our members have similar feelings. Let's not lose sight of this when folks bitch and moan about everything NACHI isnt. Let's concentrate on what NACHI is, and what it will be. Rome wasnt built in a day. Our explosive growth has outstripped our ability to keep up with some of it.

We're trying.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: mrichardson

Joe,

Most of us know it is incredibly difficult to stay on top of what is happening in NACHI and the industry.

We know you and everyone is trying and we are making real progress.

We find real value in NACHI and benefit from associating with the org and each other.

When valuable contributors become frustrated and quit, that is a shame. If they come back, welcome them, if not we keep moving.

Take care.
Mike