Need some help from Home Inspoectors in Wisconsin


I’m currently a licensed home inspector in Wisconsin and have completed the course for inspecting Private Septic systems. My question is: What is the name of the test that needs to be passed in order to legally inspect septic systems and charge a fee for the inspection in Wisconsin?

Thanks Darin

Welcome to our forum, Darin!..enjoy participating. :smile:

Someone will be along to help you with your question soon.

I don’t think there is simply a test. It is my understanding that septic inspections in Wisconsin require a license with the state. For a real estate transaction, inspections are usually required to be done by a county sanitarian, licensed master plumber, licensed master plumber-restricted service, licensed plumbing designer, registered engineer, certified POWTS inspector, certified septage operator, and/or a certified soil tester.

FactsheetPOWTSLicenses.pdf (196.3 KB)